Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very Frustrating Surgeon Pre-admission Appointment Today

I wish I had the backing of the entire lapbandtalk.com PCOs bandsters at my appointment today. This is the 2nd time I met with my surgeon. My surgery is on Thurs.

I started her required all liquid diet last Thurs. On Friday, I got weighed in and today when I weighed in for the appointment, I had lost 5 pounds. I was so happy!

Well, what does she say? She says 'I see when you came in April you were 10 pounds lighter than you are today? What happened????' Oh, I could have killed her. I explained that I have PCOS and type II diabetes and that they have been upping my insulin since April and when you up a diabetic's insulin, it causes them to gain weight and when you gain weight you have to up your insulin. (This is diabetes II class 101 - The basics). I said 'I've lost 5 pounds since Friday.' No comment from her. Instead of encouraging me by saying 'Hey, it looks like you've done really well with the liquid diet. Keep it up and you'll be successful with the band.' No, she has to say 'You're 10 pounds heavier than you were in April. What happened.' Errrggghghghghghg.

I could tell she was a surgeon and not a bariatric physician. P'd me off. I'm concerned because on a going forward basis, I need a physician who is going to encourage me, not discourage me. I guess I will speak to my primary care physician when I see him next. If I am up to it in the hospital, I may say something to this surgeon but I have a feeling I will chicken out.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Thanks for listening.

Marie715

She sounds very ignorant as to why we are all in our situation I'm at least 10 pounds heavier than when I started my lapband journey, But once again thats why we are here because we can't do it on our own we yo-yo, seriously i have such a mouth i prob would have said something like "shit happens" but then I'd also get a pretty nasty look from her to. Just blow off what she said, she's not important to you after saturday and you'll prob never see her again if she gives you anymore grief just smile and agree and imagine beating her with a large stick, because obviously she has no people skills. Alright I'm raving now Basically TRY i know it's hard but TRY to ignore negative people and just think someday you'll look back and be able to say "see you were wrong about me!" Good luck at your surgery tomorrow I'll be thinking of you!!!