Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I took one week off, I sit behind a desk and it was fine, I bet I could of come back in half the time if needed.

Thanks to all of yall for the helpfull advice. I have a pretty easy desk job, that is low stress. I will shoot for Monday and see what happens. Woo Hoo, just a few more days. I am getting a little nervous now.

Good luck to you! Let us know how it all goes, and how you're feeling come Monday morning! I wish my surgery was this Friday!

I'm a stay at home of four (who were all on summer break and one is a baby, one is a toddler) and I was back to "work" in two days. I was banded Wed, home on Thurs, had a sitter helping me on Friday and half of Sat and by Sat night I was driving and moving but still pretty tired. My last day on pain meds was Sat so I think 3 full days of rest should put you back to normal but everyone is different.

Remember, you just had MAJOR surgery. Although it's outpatient, you went under a general anestesia and that's major. I pushed myself. I was banded on the 2nd, rested on the 3rd, on the 4th went to the office and felt I had over done it. I'm self employed and do hair and makeup for local mortuaries. It's hard for me to turn those jobs down because I don't have a backup and I take pride in my work and don't really want anyone doing work for me. I also own an apartment complex and needed to be there to sign new leases. All in all, it was too much. I say you need a good 5-7 days recovery time; but that's up to the individual. Congrats on your surgery. Check in when you're able to.

I will be banded on 9/5... I plan on returning to work on the following Monday. Just wondering how many others did the same, and how it worked out for you.

I had my surgery on a Thursday. I work at a desk, and from home so I do not have a commute. I did work an entire shift on Monday--with the help of Vicodin so I"m not sure how much 'work' I actually did--but by Tuesday it had caught up to me and I was too tired and sore to work the whole day so I took the afternoon off. It also hurt me to be sitting up for such a long period time. Wednesday though, was much better.

If you have the time, and can use it, then take off for at least 4-5 days.

Also, I've been living in sweats since my surgery and could NOT have imagined having to put on slacks or jeans so soon after. I"m just NOW to the point where I can wear jeans comfortably, and I'm 2 weeks post-op.

Good Luck with your surgery!

This is a great feed question. I was wondering also about the recovery time, so I can plan for work. I know everyone is different but the information is very useful.

I am planning to take two weeks off vacation time....I am not telling my job what I am doing...nor am I telling my friends or family.:lol:

This is a great feed question. I was wondering also about the recovery time, so I can plan for work. I know everyone is different but the information is very useful.

I am planning to take two weeks off vacation time....I am not telling my job what I am doing...nor am I telling my friends or family.:lol:

When are you getting your band? And where? You should put all that fabulous information in your signature! :lol:

I am flying to CO on a Tuesday, getting banded on Wednesday, and flying back on Friday. I am going back to work the following Thursday, so I'll be going back on Day 7 post-op. I am in an office and sit at a desk all day, with the exception of the occasional trip to the printer/fax machine. Hopefully I'm taking enough time off!

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Congrats and good luck!!!

I work in an office and sit all day...but I do commute one hour to work and one hour back home...so I am thinking get all the rest I can...Besides this is my vacation to a healthy new life.