Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ September 2008 Chat

Yep Darcy, every one of my Dr.'s has reiterated to me how serious the intestinal issue was, and how dangerous the dely could have been. But for some reason as soon as we get a band, any stomach issue is automatically about the band. In my case, the repeated vomitting did cause the bottom of my stomach to come loose, but the band was fine, it had not slipped at all!

I will be more demanding next time.....that is for sure!

I too thought you were living full time at the cabin....we is sooooo confused!!!!

Pat hope your weather clears soon. It is kind of chilly here, I went for a walk, I am making slow walks around the block 2-3 times a day---and it was chilly this morning! The colors of fall are changing fast, the big old Cottonwood Tree in my back yard, is the brightest yellow you can imagine, and the wood vine growing down the fence behind it is just as bright red-----sooooo pretty. Too bad it means snow will be looking back at me soon.

Think we will take the van Sunday after the parents get out of church and take both sets up into Colorado to see the color change. Rick and I usually take a bike trip way up into the mountains and do some pictures......not thinking I am up to that yet!!!

Sherry------I think I can absorb food through my pores.....so sewing my mouth shut would likely do me no good!!!

Well I am off to unload the DW---and clean the kitchen back up. See you girlies in awhile!

Kat

Hi Ladies,

Betty Happy Belated Birthday and I'm sooooooo happy your feeling better. Congrats on the twins :tt1:

Kat sweetie, you have had such a rough time. I'm just thrilled that all went well and your on your way back to being healthy. What an ordeal to say the least. I'm so happy you have such a great family to help you through this.

Pat... my dearest palsey walsey... I went to Asheville with a bunch of girls from another forum. We had a great time. They have a little chocolate store that makes the best truffles I ever had ....yeah you know I behaved down there LOL.

Sherry crock queen... oh I mean crock pot queen haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry, that was to easy. You know I love you. Ya think we should have gotten bands for our mouths instead of our tummies? lol. I'm still waiting for the brain band :thumbup:

Darcy, nothing much going on sweetness...same old crap different day. Work, eat, eat, eat, work, eat eat eat...oh a a wee bit of sleep in there some where, clean, clean work EAT ALOT!!! lolol Pups are still with us another 3 weeks and then they go off to their new homes... all but one :tongue:

Hi Everyone I did not mention *WAVE*

Today is a MUST clean day, just the kitchen and living room and laundry...thats all this old body can handle for one day. Tomorrow we may go apple picking.

Have a good day kids.... love and miss you !! :bolt:

Eileen

Crocked Crock Pot Queen hmmm now that sounds good hahaha Might have to take myself up on that one hee hee. Actually got one crock pot going already with a nice beef stew and I'm going to start the other one with pulled pork. Easy peasy since I've already cut up the veggies for the stew I just cut up one extra onion for the pulled pork. As Ron Popel says Set it and Forget it hee hee. Just love the cooler weather for this type of cooking. I'm telling ya...I'll have you ladies using those dusty crockpots yet. PAT even you can whip up a meal in one being a lady that tells me she doesn't cook *wink*. Did I tell you folks I made Stuffed Pepper Soup in my crock pot last weekend. First time for that one and it was really good. Used the green peppers and Italian Plum tomatoes hubby grew in our garden, heck even he ate it haha. He doesn't care for green peppers but, seeing he grew them I got him to try it. I have the recipe if anyone wants that one. Has anyone tried the pulled pork recipe yet? Ohhh yummy and super tender for us bandsters.

Well better go start the pulled pork and hopefully I'll get back here to chat with my banded buddies :bolt:

Good Morning Girlies,

Had to share my dream....I dreamed I ate a cheeseburger! I was so upset because I ate the entire thing, then I was so excited about being able to eat it, then started crying because I was scared to death I wouldn't stop. Crazy or what!

Sherry...cool weather? 81 here today. I'm supposed to go to Va Beach today to the Neptune Festival with some friends, we're planning on making a day of it, IF, DS picks up the little guy before noon. I told him no later than 9, hoping he'd be here by 10.

Sherry, fortunately, DH doesn't like heavy meals, and to him beef stew is heavy, and with just the two of us, it's not worth the time and effort....so, I buy one of those precooked in the ready to heat section at costco, throw that in the crock and it's all good. Those things are so good, I served them at my Christmas open house and ppl loved it.

Well, gotta go wash my hair and get g-son some more noodles, kids and their Breakfast of choice.

ps

Eileenie, did you get my pm?

Donna, how're you doing? Check in from time to time, it's the rule, ya hear me the rest of ya's.

Hugs all around.

81 degrees......Hmmm I think the last one of those we had was in July or early August. It's been around 75-70 here and very damp. Nights have gotten down to the low 40's.

Off to a Natural Living Expo today. See what other Holistic things I can get myself into haha :lol:

Hey ladies, I think about you guys each day. I used to be able to get on the site at work when I had a few extra minutes. Now the site is blocked! Working late and taking class at night has left me relegated to the weekends. I will try and be more consistent with my postings. :)

Kat, you have been through so much. I'm very glad you got through all of this and are doing well.

Sherry the Crock Pot Queen, don't forget to share some of those recipes. I use the crock pot a couple of times a week during the school year. It's terrific to come home and smell dinner. :mellow:

Jaculin, I see you're from the Long Branch area. Do they still have Max's hot dogs? About the only time I eat hot dogs is when I go there... it's been several years though.

Betty- Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. You certainly do deserve it. I know the girls are looking great in that new jacket!

Where are you Diane? I hope you're doing well.

Jessica, are you still keeping up your tan? :cool2:

Pat - I see people are starting to post more consistently on the Hampton Roads site. That's terrific. I'll have to start poking my head in more often.

I'm glad you didn't get blown away by the storm. I was hoping for a 2 hour delay. lol

I am looking forward to my second fill on Wednesday. I'm hoping to have more restriction. I am still losing about a pound a week, but I'd love to see a bit more of a jump. Of course if I cut out the wine I'd probably lose more quickly too! :lol:

Take care ladies,

Donna

Hello Y'all!

Once again I had a long post going and just lost it all! I get so mad when that happens that I just don't re-do it again. I am going to try once more.

Kat - I'm glad you are feeling better. that was a scary thing you went through.

Eileen - So you are going to keep one of the pups? What ya naming it?

I like weekends when I can come here and see your post!

Pat - Yesterday I had a few bits of an egg and a couple bites of a sausage link and and to run to the bathroom and I lost it all. Then we went up to a party at Harley and I was so hungry from not eating all day I got one of the cheese burgers they were giving away. I could only take a couple of bites of the bread, but I got to eat all the hamburger and trimmings. It's crazy how you can eat some things and not others. You should try a few bites and see how you do. You will be surprised that it doesn't taste quite as good as you thought it would.

Donna - great to see you here again. Good luck with your fill

Darcy - I am so glad you are posting again! I really did miss you!

Well I am going to post this one before it vanishes again. I'll try to get to all of you next time.

hi ladies!

how is everyone? ok here. battling some food demons. i haven't been bad, still keeping to the foods on my list, i am on the start of my 4th week out. BUT I am a little bit more hungry, so instead of eating 4 oz I am putting in about 8 oz. It is all healthy foods, vegetarian, but i feel so guilty, AND I have not lost anymore weight from the 15 pounds.

I am so confused, when do I weigh myself? in the morning when I get up? without clothes? with pajamas? naked? Oh goodness, I am going crazy!!!

Oh, and if anyone in NJ is interested, my dr's office is having their support group October 1, 7 p.m. in Plainsboro, NJ. email if you need directions.

michaele it doesn't matter as long as you wear the same thing everytime. I usually weigh in the morning, I get up drink a cup of coffee, go potty and weigh. I am always wearing my gown that I have on.

You are doing great for 4 weeks out, and you will be getting hungry. You don't really have any restriction until you start getting fills.

Hang in there!

I weigh myself in the morning. Get up, go to the bathroom, strip to take a shower and step on the scale before jumping into the shower. :cool2:

Sherry, hahahah, u so funny! I'm trying to stop swearing, so I quit weighing a long long time ago.

Betty, you still weigh every day!?! I'll bet once all the swelling from your surgery is out of your system, you'll have lost at least 5-6 more lbs, those WERE some big girls :tongue:.

Michaele, like Betty said, hang in there, you're still without a fill. As for weighing with or without clothes, well, I always, if and when I do weigh, do so in the nude, which tends to cause a problem at my doctors office, since his scales are out in the hall way next to the waiting room :biggrin::ohmy::dita:....just kidding.

Michaele - You are doing wonderful. Im sure your body is still adjusting and everything will even out and you will start losing again...at least you are not gaining :-(

I am addicted to weighing myself which is SOOO bad!!! I do it all times of the day with or without clothes it is horrible. they do say some people suffer from addiction transfer - or something like that - maybe this is my addiction transfer!!! I usually base my weight off of what the scale at the gym says since I get weighed and measured every month...I like the number on my scale at home better because its usually lower by 2 pounds but that would be cheating :-)

thank you everyone for letting me know i am not crazy! i decided i am going to weigh myself in the mornings before i get dressed. and only once a week, we will see! so tomorrow is my weigh day since that is when i started at the dr's.

michaele - let me know how the once a week thing goes for you!! I have been thinking about taking the scale out of my room or tossing it out the window to keep myself from weighing everyday but then again there are scales at the gym so that still wont help my obsession :-(