Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tasty recipe for beans??

what about taco Soup? I put kidney Beans, chili beans,hamburger meat, canned tomatoes, hominy, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix, you can make it as soupy as you want, mine is usually almost the consistancy of goulash. Very good and lots of Protein.< /p>

I like to make mexican bowls - top shredded chicken, fajita meat, taco meat, etc with Beans, cheese, salsa, any mexican style ingredient (etc)

MY FAVORITE - canned black Beans - i prefer their texture to kidneys and with that will buy the more expensive brand only because i find them too have a creamier, softer texture as well.

1 can black beans, drained

I then add the following to taste: ground cumin, garlic powder, salt

warm in microwave and top with a light squeeze of fresh lime juice - great on their own but especially as said above

I am a true lover of Beans now that I am banded.... tons of Protein as well as Fiber.... this is a side dish I often make so I don't want the carb side dishes....

1 can of refried Beans - any kind, I buy the highest Protein and Fiber brands and those that avoid adding soybean oil.... stay away from soy!!!!

1 small can of chopped Chillies (they are not hot at all)

Shredded mexican cheese (I buy the big bags at Costco), put about a handful in, I love cheese... you add more protein too with it....

Then I microwave it until all the cheese is melted.... it is so delicious, even my year old daughter loves it!

Hope that helps.

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335+/292/175

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico self-pay

drain 3 or 4 bean mix from can and run under Water, drain,then pop in a bowl with tinny pieces of tomatoe, you can even ad tuna in oil that way no dressing needed,lovely quick salad.< /p>

I make fresh Beans - pinto with hamhocks onion jalapenos cummins (sp) and chili powder - if you are on full liquids - after the beans cook - but them in the blender and puree add back to broth and you have cream of bean Soup. You can do this with any beans that you like - I make navy beans too with turkey ham -

I make lima Beans with smoked necks bones. You can add a lil garlic powder, onion podwer, onions and salt & pepper. Tastey

i make lentils a bunch - freeze in small contatiners.

i soak them; cook in low sodium chicken stock with carrots/onions/celery/can rotelle & cubed ham. i'll add a 1/2cup of brown rice at the end to thicken things up....make it heartier.

My husband is Cajun French so I cook red Beans and rice quite a lot. I LOVE red (kidney) Beans. I don't have a problem with rice, so I have about 1/4 cup with my beans..... But I do mine in a crock pot. I throw all the following stuff in before I leave for work and cover it. When I get home, it's done and all I have to do is make the rice.

half to 3/4 of a bag (1/2 pound dry) of rinsed kidney beans

1 onion chopped

5 cloves of fresh garlic smashed

1 tbls. thyme leaves

1 tbls. parsley leaves

3 bay leaves

1/4 cup cooking sherry

1 tbls. sugar

1/2 cup cubed ham or a leftover ham bone

salt and pepper

dash of tobasco sauce

fill crockpot half full with Water

Set on high and cover for the rest of the day. C'est tres bon!!!!

My husband is Cajun French so I cook red Beans and rice quite a lot. I LOVE red (kidney) Beans. I don't have a problem with rice, so I have about 1/4 cup with my beans..... But I do mine in a crock pot. I throw all the following stuff in before I leave for work and cover it. When I get home, it's done and all I have to do is make the rice.

half to 3/4 of a bag (1/2 pound dry) of rinsed kidney beans

1 onion chopped

5 cloves of fresh garlic smashed

1 tbls. thyme leaves

1 tbls. parsley leaves

3 bay leaves

1/4 cup cooking sherry

1 tbls. sugar

1/2 cup cubed ham or a leftover ham bone

salt and pepper

dash of tobasco sauce

fill crockpot half full with Water

Set on high and cover for the rest of the day. C'est tres bon!!!!

Got any other cajun receipts to share - I love cajun food...

I loved Kidney bean salad before I was banded, so I don't see any reason not to have it now.

1 can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed

2 hardboiled eggs

chopped onions and green peppers if you can tolerate

enough fat-free mayo to moisten.

So much Protein, you can make it a meal or a side dish.