Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's talk booze!

Hi there,

well it will be as strong as you want it to be i suppose, i know i enjoy a drink mostly once a week when i go out with friends and usually tend to overindulge, i am yet to be banded so don't really know what will happen after, thats why reading the threads on here is invaluable, but am quite unconcerned about it all really, i know i will still want a drink now and again but will have to be happy with a couple and not a few :tt2:

I have no problem drinking wine and spirits. I do not use mixers so no problem with carbonation or extra space. I do drink much less than before surgery, but go out a couple nights a week nontheless - i can not tolerate it as much as I used to. Beer is different story. I was a beer drinker. Now, one or two and that is it - I just run out of space.

I think I will have some wine tonight. It's the weekend right? I'm gonna drink it. If some of you get really random pm's from me just ignore then. I like to drink and type.

Not only is it the weekend, it is 5:00 somewhere -- actually it is 5:00 in NYC right now - off to Happy Hour ! Have a great weekend all....

I drink a couple of beers on the weekend. Funny that carbonation doesn't bother me at all. It does take a while to get one beer down, though, just as it takes a while to get anything down. When we go out to dinner, I usually order a second beer, and my husband ends up finishing it for me because it just takes me too long. After a particularly trying day at work, I'll have two glasses of wine. I used to could drink the entire bottle and be fine. Now two glasses has me slurring my words, so that's my limit. I used to LOVE margaritas and cosmopolitans, but there are WAAAAAYYY too many calories in those. I did buy a cookbook called "The Hungry Girl" that has a section on low calorie cocktails and have tried some of them. The diet (approx 100 calorie) margaritas are very good, and so are the strawberry dacquries. I have found, though, that my tastes have changed so much that the sweet stuff just isn't as appealing anymore. Give me a beer or a glass of dry white wine instead.

The other night we were hanging out with some friends and I decided to have a drink. I picked up some Mike's Light Hard Lemonade. Mmm, yummy! One bottle has 98 calories. I rarely drink--that was the first time in probably a year--so I was a little buzzed after just one. It is lightly carbonated, but it didn't really bother me. It just felt kind of weird after not having carbonation for so long.

hi all, been a long time. well, this post caught my eye right away! i thought i was the only one who broke the rules!!! My drink of choice is Crystal Lite Lemonade with vodka (Raspberry, Green Apple, Watermelon, or Strawberry). I usually have 3-4 a week mostly on the weekends while hanging by the pool. Now that the summer is over, I'm sure that will die down. We also put our Margarita machine to it's full use this summer during a few parties. Yummy Mango and tequila.

I don't drink very much and really only tried alcohol after banding a month ago, twice since then. I had a vodka-cran and a shot of tequila each time. Yum.

Does alcohol affect u differently after lapband?

It does after the RNY, the RNY folks drink much less after the surgery they say it buzzes them faster. Just wondering

Does alcohol affect u differently after lapband?

It does after the RNY, the RNY folks drink much less after the surgery they say it buzzes them faster. Just wondering

According to my doc, yes, we will get 'buzzed' faster. So, for that reason, and of course the useless calories, he strongly discourages (but does not ban) the occasional drink. I'm still alcohol-free...I always think of something better to have...like nuts!