Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to wear the day of Surgery???

I'm not sure if there's anyone like me but I don't like a jiggle in my butt, stomach and boobs so all of my under clothes are support everything (panty girdle's and minimizers). I was wondering though, the day of surgery with all the incisions would it be wise for me to get some cotton granny panties and wear a cute sun dress that's loose. Suggestions welcomed.

Yep something loose is best. A non underwire bra is suggested, as you don't know yet exactly where your incisions will be...mine were high, and an underwire would have been bad!

Slip on clothes, and shoes, were super easy, and comfy. If you do this as day surgery, you will likely be home snoozing off and on the remainder of the day.

Don't forget whatever you wear, make sure you have non slip soles, so you can walk frequently!

Good Luck!!!

Kat

Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery date. I hear you about the jiggle and minamizers. But when coming home from surgery you will want to be comfortable. I wore capri sweats and a t-shirt home.

A sundress will work also.

While in the hospital I was naked and sporting a lovely hospital gown with snaps at the shoulders and 2 ties in the back. I took an additional hospital gown and wore it backwards as a "robe" for my walking exercises through the halls.

Afterwards, I suggest something very loose and roomy. For undergarments I got one of those bras at Walmart that was a bigger band width than I would regularly wear, and it clasps in the front. Also, make sure it is not underwire bra. You will have 1 incision very close to where the bottom of your bra will rub. Plus you will be extremely bloated, hence the larger size. Basically, it will keep the girls from roaming about on their own, and that about it.

For panties, granny cotton is a good choice. You are going to be extra bloated as I said before, so your normal size will be a bit constricting, and believe me, you dont want that, you will have enough internal constriction with the excess gas. Also, make sure they dont rise up too high. Basically, high enough that they aren't falling down, but still below your belly button.

For clothing, a very lose Sundress is ideal. I had on shorts and a tank top the first day and the second I got home I changed into a dress. I didn't want anything around my waist.

Hope this helps. My surgery was last Friday.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I am preparing now. Congrats you all. We're on our way to losing ALL unwanted weight. :)

How are you feeling now? Are you still bloated and sore? Just curious.

While in the hospital I was naked and sporting a lovely hospital gown with snaps at the shoulders and 2 ties in the back. I took an additional hospital gown and wore it backwards as a "robe" for my walking exercises through the halls.

Afterwards, I suggest something very loose and roomy. For undergarments I got one of those bras at Walmart that was a bigger band width than I would regularly wear, and it clasps in the front. Also, make sure it is not underwire bra. You will have 1 incision very close to where the bottom of your bra will rub. Plus you will be extremely bloated, hence the larger size. Basically, it will keep the girls from roaming about on their own, and that about it.

For panties, granny cotton is a good choice. You are going to be extra bloated as I said before, so your normal size will be a bit constricting, and believe me, you dont want that, you will have enough internal constriction with the excess gas. Also, make sure they dont rise up too high. Basically, high enough that they aren't falling down, but still below your belly button.

For clothing, a very lose Sundress is ideal. I had on shorts and a tank top the first day and the second I got home I changed into a dress. I didn't want anything around my waist.

Hope this helps. My surgery was last Friday.

I would definitely go for the cotton granny panties :) Since I was only in/out 24hrs...except for my underwear I wore the same clothes home (because you change into surgical garb as soon as you get to the hospital). Be sure to wear clothes and shoes that you can slip on vs. tying and zipping. All the best to you.

I have to laugh at myself for this one - I am having surgery in October (I don't have and exact date yet) and I have already picked out what I'm going to wear. I have a sold black, cotten bathing suit cover. It's long enough, and I even feel somewhat cute in it. It's the closest thing I've got to a dress and I don't own any shorts. As for the bra part - that's the one area I didn't gain in. I can go bra-less and no one would be the wiser.

I am getting so excited!!

I had my LB a week ago today and wore yoga pants, a t-shirt and regular bra (underwire) and panties to the event. I didn't have any trouble with the bra or panties - they were both already a bit big as I'd lost 45 lbs before surgery. You'll be uncomfortable so whatever you're most comfortable in would be my suggestion. It was hot here in Chicago so I didn't want to wear a dress and have the sticky thighs problem.

Good luck and God Bless with your surgery!

Hey there... I had surgery on 7/2 and here's what I wore:

Granny Panties

Loose sundress

Regular bra (no underwire)

I was quite comfortable, especially on the way home from surgery. I highly recommend this ensemble! :)

Good luck on your special day!

I was in my clothes for all of 30 minutes before they had me change into a gown. I wore a t-shirt and yoga pants, with converse shoes (no socks.) I brought a hat with me to wear the next day, but didn't end up wearing it as I took a shower at the hospital! It was in case my hair was a disaster after sleeping so much.

I wasn't trying to look good, just comfortable. You will hardly wear your clothes and then when you are released you will just be glad to be going home!

I did bring PJ's to the hospital and am SO glad that I did. I was so glad to get out of the gown and into my own clothes.

Don't wear something you LOVE. I had on an orange t-shirt and after my shower my stitches bled a bit, right onto my shirt. I wish I had know that would happen.

Don't wear something you LOVE. I had on an orange t-shirt and after my shower my stitches bled a bit, right onto my shirt. I wish I had know that would happen.

Next time this happens, hold your shirt over the sink and pour some hydrogen peroxide over it so it can drain through the fabric---blood stain will come out, launder as usual and away you go with your shirt you love!!! Might take a few capfuls --- and it will bubble and foam, keep applying it till the foaming is clear/white or stops.

Learned about this from a hospital laundry worker!

It can be used on most color safe fabrics. If it is something you cannot pour the peroxide through---like a sofa cushion, pour, let it foam and blot it with a dry towel....Repeat until the blood stain is gone.

Kat

How are you feeling now? Are you still bloated and sore? Just curious.

My surgery was last Friday the 15th. After surgery/recovery room I wasn't in that much pain, but I think that was because all my surgical meds were still in full effect. After walking to my own room and beginning my recovery there, I started to feel the pain. I was promptly brought liquid hydrocodone and that helped a ton! I was very bloated! Uncomfortable too! I stayed this was for Sat/Sun/Mon, Tuesday I was feeling a little better. Wednesday I went back to work and although I was still taking my pain meds, I was able to make it through the whole day. Last night was the first night I slept without pain meds. This morning I discovered I can roll onto my side without much pain. I am still wearing dresses because the few times I did wear my shorts they were tight and restrictive (even my "fat" ones). This surgery does different things to different people. I had pain. A lot of people say it doesn't hurt, thats probably true for them, but for me, it hurt. I was also very uncomfortable, for several days. Here it is Thursday, tomorrow will be 1 week since my surgery, I am finally feeling better.

I hope you will go smoothly through with no pain but just in case you do, know that it will pass!

Is this a one day surgery was some????

For me it is a 1 day out patient surgery.

Is this a one day surgery was some????