Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Consult 8/25, CO support?

I don't want to waste any more of my life failing at weight loss. After the frustration of dealing with insurance and finally making up my mind to self pay and just go for it, I can hardly wait for my consult appointment with Dr. Kirshenbaum 8/25. (Denver CO)I'd like to get in touch with someone recently banded or getting ready to be banded so we can help each other.

I don't want to waste any more of my life failing at weight loss. After the frustration of dealing with insurance and finally making up my mind to self pay and just go for it, I can hardly wait for my consult appointment with Dr. Kirshenbaum 8/25. (Denver CO)I'd like to get in touch with someone recently banded or getting ready to be banded so we can help each other.

Hi! I just had my consult with Dr.K on 8/12 and I will be banded on 10/1. YAY! Do you live in CO?

Congrats on your decision! I'm self pay also. Once you are funded, things move very quickly! I had my consult and nutrtition consult the same day, psych eval the next day and lab testing 2 days after that, my lapband surgery is scheduled for the same day you are having your consultation (8/25).

This process can move as fast or as slow as you want it to.

I know I was so excited to get things started and then I was so nervous once I did. I can be a big ol' drama queen! LOL!

But not once did I doubt that what I was doing was the right thing. I was more nervous that something would prevent it from happening.

But here we are just a week away! I have to do a low carb/low fat diet for at least 1 week (preferred to be 14 days, but my doctor told me 1 week was fine.)

Be sure you do your homework, ask lots of questions and if you can build a relationship even through email with another patient from your doctor, then do so. I was fortunate to meet some on through LBT that has kept me sane! :thumbup:

That's so awesome! I can't wait for my appointment. Did they do the nutrition consult the same day or do you have to make another appointment for that? I live in Colorado Springs. I want to have the surgery ASAP! Maybe we can help each other.

Luckily she was available and in the same office, so I just got an appointment right away. Then they made a call and set up my psych eval for the next day, the doctor that did my lab test was also in the same office, but they didn't have anything available the same day, so I had to wait 2 more days for that. But yeah, once they know you have the money, everything just goes quickly. My friend got all of hers the same day, it just depends on their availability.

I live in Colorado Springs. Does Dr. K's office have you do a psych eval and see a nutritionist all on different days too? It would be nice if it was all on the same day. Oct seems forever away, and I haven't even had my consult appointment yet. I know its not that far, I just need patience. It's not like it will me magically easy after getting banded. I just want to get started!!!!!

Congratulations on your decision! I was banded by Dr. K on 8.7.08 and can't say enough. He was great. I do not remember doing a psych eval though. Just an initial consult and a nutritionalist consult.

Congrats!!!! I had my band on 7/3/08 with Dr. K. I did not have to have a psyc eval. I had my nutrition consultation over the phone with Paula. Everthing went smoothly. I have had two fills for a total of 3.7 cc, and go for my third on sept 4. Hopefully I hit the sweet spot soon. Good luck and let us know how things are going.

Ambraberger:

We will be having surgery on the same day. :crying: When is your pre-op appt.? Do you know what time your surgery is???

I am having my surgery on 8/29 with Dr. K. Although I live in Colorado, I'm much farther away from the Denver area than you are so I'm actually being treated in the same manner as an out of state patient. Decided to have surgery about 6 weeks ago, did consult and nutrition over the phone, I have my pre-op on 8/28 and surgery the next day. It couldn't be any more simple.

Ambraberger:

We will be having surgery on the same day. :thumbup: When is your pre-op appt.? Do you know what time your surgery is???

My pre op appt is Thurs 9/25 and my surgery is at 1:30. What time is yours? Are you soooo excited? I have to do the pre op diet for 7-10 days and I'm waiting for Paula to call me for nutrition consult over the phone.

My pre op appt is Thurs 9/25 and my surgery is at 1:30. What time is yours? Are you soooo excited? I have to do the pre op diet for 7-10 days and I'm waiting for Paula to call me for nutrition consult over the phone.

My pre-op is also the 25th @ 9a.m. My surgery is scheduled for 10a.m. I am excited but probably more nervous at this point. How about you? All Dr.K told me was no carbs one week prior to surgery. Is that what they told you? When do you plan on starting? Natalie said Paula will call when my surgery date gets closer. :thumbup:

I'm so happy I've found someone else going through a similar journey at the same time.;)

P.S. How did you like Dr.K???