Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K for August...who's in?

What happened????!!!! I did the 2nd workout last night and to quote my daughter - OMG!!!

My legs were burning, I was gasping...it was hard! I felt so good afterwards just to have gotten through it, but I was slightly worried about the next one. I'm still committed, though - I WILL DO THIS.

:wink2:

I'm coming in a week late, but I'd love to join. I've never been a big fan of running, but it seems almost everyone who's a runner says the same thing but that after they got started they became addicted. I'm hoping to get addicted.

Edited by Dionna113

Actually my second workout (last night) was going really great. I was about 13 minutes into it and my daughters swim coach came and grabbed me. My daughter was having an asthma attack. By the time we got her taken care of, my muscles and joints were tight and my heart rate was down. I couldn't stand the thought of starting over...so I let it go. I am looking forward to tomorrow though, I think I can really do this.

Gloucester...just give it time, your body will adjust. How bout anyone else? I am thinking of repeating week #1 next week. I don't think I'm ready to move on.

If your not ready to move on next week...lets just repeat week #1 together and those that are ready, keep up the great work!!!

Livn, I'm there...I am not sure I'm ready to move on to week #2.

I am thinking of repeating it. I want to stay with it, and I don't want to burn out. I'm a gung-ho person and it's hard to hold back, but I'm seeing the big picture here and I want to keep with it.

Sorry about your DD. My daughter also has asthma, so her doing this program has become hard for her. Last night I told her about an article on active.com that I read. The author wrote: Run until you're tired, walk until you're bored. So, DD just did that last night, rather than the program. I am proud of us both that we're actually doing something.

That's what this is about, right? Being active and more fit!

Although I am not joining in on your fun, I wanted to say "YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!" AND GUYS IF THERE ARE ANY!!!!

I am running now too, I started two weeks ago and am doing 2 miles at a time as of the 4th time out. I started C25K when I was about 220 and it hurt my knees so bad, but I kept at it until the pain was just too much. I do not want to be a runner, per se. I do not want running to be my exercise of choice.

I am a biker though, and having said that, as I started running again a few weeks ago, I have a lot of lung capacity I didn't have before. I know it is because of the long rides on the road bike.

You girls keep it up and you WILL succeed. You know you will, I know you will, and soon everyone else will know you will.

Wow Deana! you look awsome! I love your hair straight too, that is such an accomplishment. Strut your stuff girl, you've earned it. I am only 5 weeks post-op so I love seeing the before & after pics. Congrats 243/221/120:thumbup:

Although I am not joining in on your fun, I wanted to say "YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!" AND GUYS IF THERE ARE ANY!!!!

I am running now too, I started two weeks ago and am doing 2 miles at a time as of the 4th time out. I started C25K when I was about 220 and it hurt my knees so bad, but I kept at it until the pain was just too much. I do not want to be a runner, per se. I do not want running to be my exercise of choice.

I am a biker though, and having said that, as I started running again a few weeks ago, I have a lot of lung capacity I didn't have before. I know it is because of the long rides on the road bike.

You girls keep it up and you WILL succeed. You know you will, I know you will, and soon everyone else will know you will.

i completed week 1 but my last workout was hard so im going to repeat week 1 again. im excited about this as i used to run track in high school. my goal is to run the turkey trot on thanksgiving

#3 of week 1 is today...I am sure I'm repeating week #1. I haven't done much exercise lately, so my body is rebelling slightly.

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who plans on repeating Week 1.

I did my second Week 1 workout today and I made it through it... but couldn't imagine increasing the run times yet.

I did find that I had to increase my cool down time by 15 minutes to get my heartrate back down and to get my legs to stop aching.

On another note, I ma hoping that Tropical Storm Fay will stop hitting Jacksonville so I can schedule my surgey!

Good luck everyone!

Kris

Are you guys listening to the recordings on an MP3 player too? I find the music and the guy speaking very motivating.

I did my first day yesterday and it was tough! I woke up sore this morning so I did Water aerobics for an hour this morning. At least what I'm calling water aerobics since I've never taken an official water aerobics class. I do a lot of jumping jacks, jogging in place, jumping, leg kicks and water resistance for arms. It's movement and it gets my heart beating fast so I figure it's better than sitting on the couch. Tomorrow is day 2 of week 1 so wish me luck y'all!

I haven't downloaded the links yet...my mp3 is a little old and I'm thinking of upgrading. Right now I just have room enough for my songs. :)

I had a tough weekend, and was only able to get a version of the plan in...not the full timing of it. But, at least I did it!! Yay!

So, now, Week #1 - here I come again.

I am using Robert Ullreys podcasts. He has them for free download on his site. The music is high tempo, techno-style. And his voice comes on to tell you when to start and stop running. He also tells you when you are at your half-way point in a run session.

Podcasts

Hey guys!!!

Welcome to Week #1 AGAIN!!! LOL! I'll have to try out the podcast thing. I struggle with not wanting to watch the clock because it puts me in a mindset of wanting to stop early. But it I relax and can just run knowing that someone will tell me to stop...that would be nice.

Thanks for the pointer!

I am using Robert Ullreys podcasts. He has them for free download on his site. The music is high tempo, techno-style. And his voice comes on to tell you when to start and stop running. He also tells you when you are at your half-way point in a run session.

Podcasts

Thanks for the link 1000. I was hoping there would be a podcast for this on the site but couldn't find one. I really want to do this (at my own pace). I have to admit I am very nervous about doing this because I have to run in public but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and think about the long run.