Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K for August...who's in?

Hi All,

I noticed that there is a group of Couch to 5K'ers that started in June, and would love to start another one in August!

It's August 15th today - and I'd like to officially kick it of on Monday, Aug 18th - who's in?

Check out the program at Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

and slip on your running shoes and lets do it!!

Linds :thumbup:

i would like to start- count me in

Cool Val - glad to have you on board! I'm starting tomorrow morning - did you download the program from the link above? Have you ever done something like this before? This is my first time, so we'll see how it goes - Keep me posted on how your first day goes for you!

Have a great day, good luck and have fun!

Linds :blush:

I would love to start with you guys. I know I'm a little late, but have been wanting to do this for a while. Maybe we can encourage each other!!! I'm kind of at a stall in my weight loss and hoping this will bring me over the edge of that.

Thanks,

Jen

Hey Jen,

Welcome aboard! You are definately not too late - I just came home from doing workout #1 - wow, what a great feeling to have accomplished it (now of course if I stick with it for workout #2 I'll know I'm serious!)

I'm with you - I've not lost much more weight since being banded 6 months ago - it's time to kick it into high gear! They say the most weight is lost in the first year, and I've managed to piss away half that time (oops) so off I go!

Let me know how your first workout goes - you can download the program from the link above!

Good Luck, Have Fun,

should we do any excercise on the off days? or is this just 3 days a week and thats all? also, are you doing any toning?

[bIG BREATH] Okay...I know I'm late, but please count me in, too.

YIKES. I hate exercise and am very scared I won't commit to it. I think having to answer to LBT will make me do it. :thumbup:

Gloucester....Welcome! I'm scared too. I'm worried my bones will hurt, but surely losing almost 50lbs has to take some pressure off. Hopefully by us all being first timers, we can support and motivate each other to keep the committment strong. Good luck!

:thumbup: Thank you! Good luck to you, too! I just sent the link to my friends asking them to do it, too. Hell, I can't be the only crazy one, right?!

I'm actually excited about it. I've been moping about, trying to get motivated and I think I should just jump in. I've never been much of a runner, but it's the easiest thing to do since we have a treadmill in the living room.

I'm hoping this will get my enthusiasm back up.

Jen - I'm also doing some toning (weight training) on the days I'm not running (3x week) with a little kick boxing thrown in! My hubby and I are heading off to Thailand for 7 weeks in November to follow one of our dreams of going to a Thai Boxing camp out there - so it's definately time to get into shape for me! (Nothing like a little pressure and a deadline to make myself get serious!) :cool2:

Do what ever you're comfortable with - if you've not been exercising a lot lately, you may want to just focus on the cardio and stretching for the first few weeks (the worst thing we could all do is over do it! Slow and STEADY really will win the race!) But if you're used to being more active, then throw a little toning in and have some fun with it!

I know for me - stretching and iceing my knees after I jog/walk is crucial to keeping my going!

Gloucester - Welcome! :mellow: I totaly know what you mean about being scared (and committed) I'm with you - LBT is a way for me to be accountable, and also supported in this challenge - A 5K jog in 9 weeks yikes!! But I know we can do, people do it all the time - and we have each other to cheer one another on!!

Good Luck on your first workout - let us all know how it went - and seriously girls - Ice/Heat those joints and Stretch those muscles to keep your legs/back etc in the game!

Make it a great day!

I would like to join in too! I am still waiting to be banded... but I would love to get a head start. - Kris

I did it! I came home and did this tonight at home on the treadmill. My legs burned, but I LOVED how it felt.

I told my daughter that I "signed up" for this online and her eyes got big and she said, "When is the race?" I got a kick out of that. But, keeping that in my mind makes the commitment "real" to me.

Can't wait for the next one!