Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal challenge between HP and D!!!

Ok Traci, here we go...

2.25 pound a week until October 6th....

As of today, August 11th, I weigh 197...next week at this time I need to weigh 194.75....but my scale does not weigh in decimals...so I need to weigh 195.

Okay I am not your friend Tracey but would love to join your challenge. I have a particular motivation to get some weight off by October too. I would love to loose 2 lbs a week till then. That would put me at just 14 lbs to goal. Yeah me! Anyways thanks for the challenge and the extra motivation will help. I'll check in on Thursdays and let you know how I am doing you let me know too. I weigh on Thursday nights at a Tops group. Talk to you soon and good luck!

Gail

I am in !!!!!!!

This will be awesome!!!!

I am at 218 this morning. I want to be at 200 or below by Oct.6th!

Welcome Gail!!!!!

When is your weigh day HP???

I will weigh Monday mornings I guess since that is today....

I think another good thing to do would to be NOT to weigh everyday but challenge ourselves to weigh only the one time a week!!!! What do you think??? IT will be hard, be we can do it!!

Gail, you are more than welcome to join us!!! What do you do for exercise???? Traci and I are cyclists....we just love to ride our bikes!!

mondays it is..although I will be in Florida next monday so I may have to weigh in on Saturday?????

I will try real hard to stay off the scale...it will be tough......it is a morning thing for me..LOL

K, lets put the scales up....somewhere out of reach...I have been weighing every morning too and I hate it....I am putting mine up right now!!!

I walk 4 miles a day. Although I had surgery a week ago and then another surgery the week before that, so I am seeing my surgeon today and hopefully I will get a clean bill of health and be back to my routine, I am going to have to take it slow at first I am sure. I would love to try cycling though, I never was able to ride a bike when I was heavier so now might be a good time to try it. Thanks, you never know I might go out and buy me a bike. lol thanks.

Gail

scale is put away, so I can bring it out on Mondays for the next eight weeks. I, Deanna, promise not to get on the scale until Mondays, to weigh for the eight week challenge. I have to weigh in at my clinic on the 21st of August, which is a Thursday, but that will be the only time other than the appointed time on Monday morning to weigh in.

Wow, now its official...a contract and everything.....lol

I have to tell you something, I clicked on your link for your slide show and now I am sitting here crying. It is beautiful the way you have been transformed. You look so great and so happy it is wonderful. It is amazing how those of us who are banded can form such quick freindships and encourage each other thanks for sharing your slide show. even if that means I am crying like a baby now. lol

Aweeeeeeeeeee, Gail, I am happy that I made you cry!!!! LOL...thats a good thing!!!!

Great, I soooooooooooooooooooo glad that you are an exerciser!!! It makes such a difference in the whole process!!!!You have done awesome with your weight loss!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!

I started riding heavy as did Traci...I was between 250-260 when I started riding....but let me tell you, it is a lot easier getting 197 pounds down the road then 250 pounds!!!!

I hope we do inspire you to try cycling...it is a great sport and you burn a ton of calories doing it!!!

Okay...I am here... I can't believe the scale has to go up except for on Mondays....Can I at least have a week of detox? lol

My scale was up a few lbs this am...but it is that time of the month for it to be up..blah. So my starting weight is 266..I am not changing my ticker bc that will make me cry...

We can do this!!!

p.s. thanks for letting me crash your challenge!

Rule #1.....NEVER, NEVER change your ticker to go up....ONLY down!!!

This is a firm rule!!!!!

scale Detox classes starting this week........that was too funny!!!!

I used to not weigh except when going to the doctor, now I weigh way too much, and it is getting to be a bad bad bad thing. I know this, and am breaking the habit......

My name is April...and I am a daily weigher. Sometimes I weigh more than 1 time a day....somedays I weigh up to 3 times a day...What are the 12 steps I need to follow?

My husband is all for taking the scale away...he is ready to hide it and bring it out sunday night while I am sleeping so I can weigh monday morning. Isn't he just soooo supportive.

Okay....so I ordered Zumba aerobic workout thing which is like a dance class...the nice thing about this workout is that the first week you do just the beginners dvd which breaks down each dance step. So I just spent the last hour with my supportive hubby attempting to do this...wow..all those nights when I use to go dancing my rhythm must have been alcohol induced because it is worse than what I thought. But we made it through it. We are going to eat dinner and go for a bike ride!

I go back to the dr on Monday...Hopefully he will give me another fill, it has been 8 weeks since my first one and I think I am eating more than I should be able to. I am trying not to eat past 7:15 pm.

I have an MD appt. on Friday for my 1st fill. I will weigh-in there and let that be my "official" starting weight. Then I'll weigh in on Monday's with the rest of y'all.

I'll work on an official 12-step program for Scale-addict Anonymous members. In the meantime, perhaps anyone needing the daily trip to a scale could enlist the help of a creative middle-schooler to draw a scale on cardboard that you can step on every morning. It might be a good idea to have the message "Lookin' Good" as the "weight" that the arrow is pointing toward.

Good Luck all. MK