Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NorCal Bansters? Butte/Shasta County?

yep it is me Cindy :) Thanks so much for being a show off ... You made me feel so much safer. I had allot of worry. Pretty scary.. I am doing ok. recovery was a pain for me. two weeks as of today. my weight lose is slow. having a hard time eating scard somewhat I guess. I ate a few french frys quickly i might add. Threw them up :thumbup: Also dealing with shoulder pain. comes and goes beleive it or not it seems to have to do with what I eat..

please feel free to call me anytime 899-9012 or email me vierra4@sbcgloabl.net I am a memeber at inmotion fittness. Haven been back I have an appt. on wed. at 1 with doc.. so will see then when I can exercise again

Becky and Sandy,

It looks to me like we have a great opportunity for a local support group here. We all appear to have about 40-60 pounds left to loose and I know I would love a local buddy to cheer on and have a support system with. Let me know if you all are interested!

Becky and Sandy,

It looks to me like we have a great opportunity for a local support group here. We all appear to have about 40-60 pounds left to loose and I know I would love a local buddy to cheer on and have a support system with. Let me know if you all are interested!

Hi, yes count me in. I really need support with the holidays coming up!! Becky

yep it is me Cindy :blush: Thanks so much for being a show off ... You made me feel so much safer. I had allot of worry. Pretty scary.. I am doing ok. recovery was a pain for me. two weeks as of today. my weight lose is slow. having a hard time eating scard somewhat I guess. I ate a few french frys quickly i might add. Threw them up :biggrin: Also dealing with shoulder pain. comes and goes beleive it or not it seems to have to do with what I eat..

please feel free to call me anytime 899-9012 or email me vierra4@sbcgloabl.net I am a memeber at inmotion fittness. Haven been back I have an appt. on wed. at 1 with doc.. so will see then when I can exercise again

Hi Cindy, It sounds like you are having gas pains. Are you chewing Gas X tablets? That really helped me in the first two weeks. I think the worst is over for you now. Just be really careful about what you eat right now. Instead of french fries try a little mashed potatoes. Yams and sweet potatoes are really good right now. I put a little butter substitute or plain yogurt on mine and it is very good. You really have to eat tiny bites and chew chew chew. That has been hard for me to learn because I have always been a fast eater and used to taking big bites. I use a small spoon and little plates and cups. It helps. This is a whole new way of eating for us. I have to remember to put my spoon down between bites and really concentrate on what is in my mouth. My biggest challenge right now is getting in a regular exercise routine. I belong to In Motion too and always enjoy going there. It is such a beautiful gym. I really enjoy just getting in the pool and using the kick board and my fins and just go back and forth. I just have a hard time making the committment to doing it. I hope we can encourage each other. It helps to have buddies. There are others out there that want to start a support group. That would be awesome. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you again. Becky

yep it is me Cindy :blush: Thanks so much for being a show off ... You made me feel so much safer. I had allot of worry. Pretty scary.. I am doing ok. recovery was a pain for me. two weeks as of today. my weight lose is slow. having a hard time eating scard somewhat I guess. I ate a few french frys quickly i might add. Threw them up :biggrin: Also dealing with shoulder pain. comes and goes beleive it or not it seems to have to do with what I eat..

Hi Cindy, It sounds like you are having gas pains. Are you chewing Gas X tablets? That really helped me in the first two weeks. I think the worst is over for you now. Just be really careful about what you eat right now. Instead of french fries try a little mashed potatoes. Yams and sweet potatoes are really good right now. I put a little butter substitute or plain yogurt on mine and it is very good. You really have to eat tiny bites and chew chew chew. That has been hard for me to learn because I have always been a fast eater and used to taking big bites. I use a small spoon and little plates and cups. It helps. This is a whole new way of eating for us. I have to remember to put my spoon down between bites and really concentrate on what is in my mouth. My biggest challenge right now is getting in a regular exercise routine. I belong to In Motion too and always enjoy going there. It is such a beautiful gym. I really enjoy just getting in the pool and using the kick board and my fins and just go back and forth. I just have a hard time making the committment to doing it. I hope we can encourage each other. It helps to have buddies. There are others out there that want to start a support group. That would be awesome. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you again. Becky

Hey please dont forget me.. Cindy Hello :0 vierra4@sbcglobal.net 899-9012

Glad to hear back from you so soon.. have you ever done the Water arobocis ... I love that class for me it is a challange I am hoping someday it will be a breeze. I also like the exercise bikes..

I hear ya with the smaller spoons I still have some from my kids I am talking baby spoon my kids are 14 and 11.. So I am a bit of a pack rat.. Work in progress.. I guess I never realized how fast of a eater I was and big bites.. Now I really have to pay attention and eat slow and chew and consentrate.. I have tried the yoga wow that is hard stuff my body doesnt move like that. I am looking forward to seeing what new things the gym will bring they have been working upstairs a ton latley.. I went back to work today. I work and live my Mcmanus elementry school I work as a yard duty.. so just two hours a day.. I did fine had my hands in front on my stomach all day to make sure no one bumped into me.. yikes.. I wonder what kind of a group we can get together. Dr. ludwig offers classes twice a month for post surport have you ever been to those. I love logging in and seeing people have posted on this page.. I waited a long time.. happy to have buddies

I do enjoy the 9:00 am Water aerobic class when I can make it. I generally work 9:00- 5:30 or 10:00 to 6:30pm most days so I can't always make the class. I haven't been to a support group yet. I am going to try and make one this month. I was hoping that by just eating less I could reach my goal weight but it does take work...Lap band is not an easy way out, just a tool, like they said from the very start. It takes constant work. I am just happy that I have lost 30 lbs and have been able to keep it off so far. I want to work at getting to may goal weight so I can be healthy and happy with myself. I do not regret having the surgery and look forward to continuing with my weight loss journey. It will be nice to have local support from other banders in the area. All the best, Becky

I wonder if I have ever seen you there over the summer we went almost everyday. I also like the exercise bike..

If you go to a meeting this month let me know. I would like to go as well. Have you bought any new clothes yet. I will be happy to shop at the mall. I take my daughter there. I feel so out of place in those stores.. I can just almost feel the vibes why is she here ?? It would be great if the few of us could meet at a coffee house or something to chat I think it would be fun...

I have been able to buy some size 16's in the regular stores. I used to wear 18-20's. It was nice being able to buy some of the summer clothes at costco which have not fit before. I have given a lot of my clothes away and hope to be giving some more away soon. I can wear some 14's now so I think I am losing inches as well as weight. I would love to meet for coffee some time soon. I am not sure when the next support group is. I think it will be Nov 12th but I am not sure. I'll try to call Kathy at Dr Ludwig's office tomorrow. I really need to start going to the group meetings to keep me on track and motivated. I hope you are doing well. Keep in touch. Becky

I looked at my paperwork. It is the first and third thrusday of the month six to seven.. What part of Chico do you live in I live northern chico off of Whitewood way.. It is close to the 711 on east ave..

I started this game at 5'2 and a half mind you :) 223 Now looking at 209 but today when I got on the scale it was up a few pounds... But I am not going to let it get to me.. i am kind of thinking of maybe only weighing myself at the doctor office.. I go tomorow. for a preopt.. unsure what to expect I guess not much other than him look at my incisions.. the white tape is still on them. Guessing it will fall off when ever dont want to mess with it..

So be honest how bad are the fills..

Have a good night..

The Thurs group meetings are the post op classes and you should go to thoes for sure. The support groups are on Weds. Double check that with Kathy at Dr Ludwig. Tomorrow, your appointment is for Dr Ludwig to look at your incisions and see how you are feeling. They will not be doing a fill yet, it is too early. A big weight loss is not expected at this appt because you are still healing and have some swelling still. The fills usually come at about 6-8 wks after surgery. They are not that bad, just a quick poke usually and it is over within a few seconds, no big deal. Right now you just need to concentrate on getting your Water and Proteins in......sip sip sip:thumbup:. They will be asking you how much Protein you are getting a day and how much water you are getting and if you are having any pain.

I live on Arbutus Ave off of Mangrove. Let me know if you want to get together soon and if there are any other Chico banders out there please chime in. I would love to meet with you too. It would be fun if we all got to know each other and to support each other between the Wed support goup meetings. I know, I can use all the help I can get right now to stay on track. Have a great day!:)

I just wanted to tell you that I am interrested in getting together with some other Chico banders out there. Maybe we can start thinking of a time and place and see what happens. Becky

I am game.. Thinking coffee house? Somewhere we can sit and chat.. maybe Barnes and Noble you can get a coffee or tea and chat.

clv811....Barnes and Nobel works for me. The weekends are good and I also have Monday and Tues off next week. I have a doctor appt Monday at 8:30 but will be free after that. My only plan

for Tues is to vote and then my day is open. Let me know if one of thoes days works for you. Also any other banders out there please join us. I would love to meet you all if I haven't already. I am one of the nurses you may have seen for your pre op labs and assessment. I hope to hear from as many as possible. The banders are my favorite patients. Becky