Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pick a rant topic, any topic!

You know Plain, that is really sad, on so many levels!!

Lack of the obvious co-morbidities is leading her to believe she is healthy! I have a neighbor who borrows my blood pressure machine once every couple of weeks or so, because I have the big cuff on mine, from when I began monitoring mine at near 300 pounds. She weighs well over 400----and her BP is always very normal, 120/65 range, her pulse in the high 60's. My machine stores the last 50 readings, and mine is normal now, but you can scroll through the readings and not tell Annes from mine. And she MUST be harming herself at that weight!!

I had obvious issues, the high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, joint pain, shortness of breath upon any exertion----and Anne says she has none of those! Other than knee pain when she climbs stairs.

This woman is several inches shorter than I am, and weighs more than I ever did, and has 7 years on me as well! Is it all genetic???? Does she come from better stock than I do??? I know she does not eat healthy, that much is obvious, plus we have eaten together!!

I know not everything shows from the outside, and that big people can be as healthy as thin people can be unhealthy---but HOW can you have some issues like that womans ulcerated legs, and not have a diabetic issue somewhere???? Or something??

No flak from me, I agree. But maybe I also inherited a bad attitude!!!

Kat

My rant: To the cleaning lady who left a sticky by my Soup saying: "This how roaches get here."

No.1 - I had a family emergency and HAD TO LEAVE URGENTLY.

No.2 - This was the FIRST TIME I've done this. Check the dude down the hall w/the mini-fridge, microwave and baker's rack in his office. Or one of the other 5,000 people who work in this facility. Because REALLY? I am the reason roaches are here? Me and my small bowl of leftover Soup?

No.3 - You work here, same as me. If roaches come, do your job and spray them, kill them, but DON'T EVER LEAVE ME A NOTE LIKE THAT AGAIN.

I'm a mite pissed at seeing that first thing after having to leave suddenly yesterday because of a medical issue w/my step-father.

Bastard do-gooders who can't leave people the hell alone....grrrrr.

[/rant.]

Oh Tap, I'm so sorry. Have you checked your local health store to see of they have any natural products you could try to help with your symptoms? Might be worth a shot. Hang in there.

Instead, I have decided to use my periodic bursts of anger to my advantage, and tell a few people some things!!!!:thumbup::cursing::blink:

OK - I'll reconsider it, but it seems such a shame when there are just SO many people who are just so frickin' annoying, and the will to speak is just so strong. But I will be more mature and professional, and remain calm and not respond inappropriately....but I am just SOOOO tempted!:biggrin:

for many years I have worked at convienence stores. my rant is the people who are parked at the pumps and there is a garbage can right beside your car....but you can't put the trash in it..you put it on the ground...and smoking while pumping gas! gas itself is not flamable...it is the FUMES.....you pump gas you have fumes...duhhhh. ok rant over. :blink:

I saw a man repeatedly kick a dog (on a leash, and for no apparent reason) in the CBD of my city tonight. The only thing stopping my husband and I from approaching him to try to stop him was the fact that he was HUGE and he would have beat us both too. We both (independently and discussed after) gave him a death stare as we walked past.

It made me feel sick to my stomach for that poor dog. It makes me incredibly sad to think about it even now hours later....

I saw a man repeatedly kick a dog (on a leash, and for no apparent reason) in the CBD of my city tonight. The only thing stopping my husband and I from approaching him to try to stop him was the fact that he was HUGE and he would have beat us both too. We both (independently and discussed after) gave him a death stare as we walked past.

It made me feel sick to my stomach for that poor dog. It makes me incredibly sad to think about it even now hours later....

It is terrible to feel powerless; I am sure you do feel horrible. Probably one of the few times when I would wish I had a cellphone with a camera/video capability so that I could take pictures and present them to the authorities, or post on the web.

Don't get me started on man's inhumanity to animals! I worked dog and cat animal rescue for years, and had to stop - I just couldn't face it anymore. And what someone will do to an animal, I believe they will do to a person (usually a child). That's why I think people guilty of animal abuse should not be allowed to be parents - a radical statement, I know, but evil is rarely directed to one target!

That would have been so hard for me! :wink2: I am known by friends, family, co-workers and the evil neighbors down the street as the "Crazy Dog Lady", or CDL for short.

But, I had something similar to that a long time ago. I had my baby w/me and we were taking a walk around the neighborhood when a cutie-pie lab ran up and was slobbering all over. (In a loving, wonderful way...)

The owner came over, grabbed the collar and then PUNCHED the dog in the face. I was so shocked. I yelled, "Whoa...what???" And he apologized to me for the dog running up to me. I said, "That's okay...he's just a dog and didn't mean anything. But you punched him." The guy said, "He's gotta learn."

Learn what, you f!@#???!!!

I hate people who abuse animals and kids. Mostly because I can't abuse them back. For the guy kicking and punching dogs/kids...I want to strap them down and take a bat to them. Forget jail...just beat the crap out of them.

Ok. I don't usually post rants, because they get me all riled up and aggravated.

Here we go:

INCONSIDERATE SMOKERS!!!

I have no problem with people that smoke. That is their decision and they have a right to it. I also have the right to breathe clean air. Why should my rights be to let another person give my lung cancer? It's the ones that stand directly upwind from me when there is no one downwind, or the one that lives next door to me and doesn't completely put out his cigarette when he finishes, filling up the walkway with smoke. Or the group of people standing outside the doors of the public library and force the rest of us to walk through their cloud. I have had asthma my whole life and have always been amused by peoples astonished looks when I start coughing uncontrollably when they smoke around me, or when I ask them to please put it out(we were watching fireworks and there were a LOT of people around but we were the ones they chose to smoke by). Anyway, my state has a law that you cannot smoke within 25ft of a building entrance, fair enough right? except that it is never enforced. Some cities have made laws about smoking in public parks, and such. i think that is a good solution so that us non-smokers can still get clean air.

Its my weekend to have a rant or 2.....so heres number 2.

I have a neighbour who lives 2 houses away who insists on playing reeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad hard rock music (in my opinion) at night ridiculously loud any time I seem to have to be up early the next day. We can hear it loud and clear in our lounge room, so even if I didn't need to go to bed early to be up for work tomorrow, its still much to loud for us to endure.

I go knock on his door, 2nd time in a month, to ask him to turn it down. He says "God, you again?" I tell him yes, me, and ask him politely to turn it down. He says its early (its 9:40pm). I say so what its still MUCH too loud -we can hear it over our TV inside our house. The windows on his house are vibrating its that loud! He continues to argue with me. I tell him its up to him, he turns it down or I go back home and call the cops. He says he'll turn it down and it won't happen again. I say thank you and leave.

Maybe I'm getting old and am a pain in the ass neightbour spoiling everyone's fun, but wheres the respect? I don't want to a bitch and maybe I'm oversensitive to outside noise.....maybe. But this just makes me think "seriously, if you want to listen to music that loud, just go out to any nightclub, idiot!" Gah!

I'm going to bed now. 'night!

She smiles

Your neighbour's right to enjoy music ends when it assaults your eardrums!

Basic consideration for others...where has it gone?

A lady about 5 streets away from me just got arrested for animal cruelty. They found 3 dogs at her house skin and bones...so sad. Officers said if it had been another week all 3 would be dead. Thank god for the next door neighbor turning her in.

Also my new neighbors have a doggy. No problem. But everytime we go into our backyard EVERY time. (it's an outside dog) It barks and barks and barks and doesn't stop until we go back inside. Our dog just ignores it (hugs her doggie) but my god...we like to relax in our backyard and how can you?

My Sunday rant: hairdressers who don't know what they're doing and cut badly!

I asked for 2 inches off my shoulder length hair...and got 2 inches left of hair. I am still in tears...I know it's just hair, but YIKES it's fricken short. And, it's not even cute...I have curly hair and it's WAY to short and it's a bad cut to boot.

Ugg...

If there is sufficient traffic on a major street at a key intersection to warrant a separate turn lane, why isn't there an advanced turn signal? :)