Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great tool for tracking calories, protein, etc.

I found this great, FREE site that I have been using and thought I would share it. You can enter your current weight and how many pounds per week you would like to lose and it calculates how many calories a day you can have. Then you can enter foods (nearly everything possible is there) and it breaks down the nutritional content.....even tracks exercise and gives you more calories for that!

www.thedailyplate.com

Good luck!

I also use that website! I was intimidated but once I gave it a try, I loved it.

I'm wondering if I should just stick with the free membership, or give in and pay to be a gold member.

That's a great tool! I have been using that website since my surgery, also. Just keep in mind that it also depends on how many calories you use up each day. I use the BodyBugg which is similar -- you tell it how much you want to lose each week, and it tells you how many calories a day you can eat.... and how many calories a day you have to use (and it calculates how many calories you have burned throughout the day). I was pretty shocked how much effort it takes to use up the amount of calories I have to use each day in order to meet my 2 pound a week goal!

I'll tell you one thing I have learned from the BodyBugg.... the best thing you can do to burn more calories is just move, every opportunity you have. Get up and walk throughout the day. Take the long way around. Take the stairs. It has made a much bigger difference than I realized, in how many calories a day I burn.

Good luck, guys!

I tried signing up for the free membership, and I was told they aren't accepting new members at this time. :) They directed me to livestrong.com. I wanted the dailyplate.com on my blackberry, but you have to be a paid member to do that.

I'm not really thrilled with the Realize band website food tracker. Nothing is in there! Everything has to be added to your list of foods, which means I go to the dailyplate and look up the nutritional info anyway.

Ugh. Any other sites out there as comprehensive as thedailyplate?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure. I just signed up for the daily plate a couple of weeks ago so am surprised they aren't still taking new members. It does the same thing as the Body Bugg does as far as telling you how many calories a day you can have. You might try that site.

I am surprised at how many calories Water aerobics burns! My surgeon recommended it to me and I love it! It's so much more fun than walking on my treadmill (which I do on days I'm not swimming). I was terrified of being seen in public in a bathing suit, but found out there were others there in the same shape as me, or worse, so I felt much more comfortable going. If you have a place close to you that offers the classes, I would highly recommend them!

Edited by tmcd59

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches