Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck really Lucky 8's

Good luck Annika, ara, azlife, Becksie2, glancerlm, jvato, luvcowboys, missprdiva, rhondalou, shellyelise, suzanner123, tacha14 and anyone else being banded on 08/08/08...may the date be really lucky for you!!!!

We're thinking of you!:w00t::thumbup::eek:

Eight is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word "prosper" or "wealth". From wikipedia

Here's wishing all of the Lucky 8/8/08's a happy b-day and a prosperous life filled with a wealth of happiness!

And it is lucky because when you draw the number it ends on an up stroke, unlike the other numbers.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Thanks! I am excited. Good luck to everyone! I'm scheduled for 9:30, hoping to be home by 4 or 5.

On 08/08/08 my surgery began at 0800, and would you believe I was discharged at 2000? <8 pm> LOL. Anyway, second day post op, some gas pain in my shoulders and mostly pain at the port site, the other sites are good. Just taking liquid tylenol just 3 times since I have been home. I have lortab elixir, but last time I took lortab I puked, don't really want to do that. :) Doing good I think. Tolerating fluids well. Get to have cream Soups today!!! :biggrin2: Its a good day. LOL. Walking, breathing and drinking on the agenda today.

Hang in there everyone, it will get better.:crying:

Hello To All My August All-Stars!!!

Okay so today is my 3rd day post-op from being banded on 8-8-08! I can't believe I was walking out of the out patient surgery within an hour... crazy.. LOL Anyways.. I think I am doing well.. except I have gas pains .. AHHH seriously I think I have overdosed on GasX and continously walking. My port area is sore and I am hoping that will go away soon. I haven't been hungry except for the smell of food... is kinda playing with my mind.. at first i was wondering if I made a mistake by getting the lap band... I am just trying to stay positive... Maybe I will try creamy Soups today... or the drinkable yougarts... has anyone tried those yet 3 days post op?? Or should I wait?

Diva,

Please do not advance what you try to eat just because you are feeling that you can. It's not about what you "want", or think you "can", it's about letting your stomach heal. You are supposed to do the Clear liquids, full liquids, then mushies for the prescribed periods not to torture you, but to keep your stomach from having to do any real digesting.

I know it's very hard and, trust me, you will find a LOT of sympathy here from others in your exact same situation. Just lean on us! We don't want you to hurt yourself by being non-compliant.

I was on clears for 48 hours and then I could add cream Soups. Doing okay. Only having about 1/4 cup cream Soup. Trying to get all my Water in. I hear ya about those gas pains, just when I think theyv'e gone, hello, back again. LOL. Hang in there.:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches