Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all...I need some advise. I just had my surgery on 7/31, and I am not feeling really great. I feel light headed, and little bit sick to my stomache, and I can't get a DEEP breath because it feels like I have a huge lb weight just under my boobs. Did anyone else feel like this? Does it go away? I am not sleeping because it is not comfortable, and so I am feeling kind of pathetic. help?

Carey

:biggrin:

I can totally relate with you! I just had my surgery on the 29th so I'm right there with you with the side pain and not sleeping all that well. In fact today in the middle of the night I devolped a temp. It finally broke around 7:00 pm. Gosh, I was feeling poor pitiful me !!!! I got to feeling better and then around 9ish, my husband and I took the dog for a short walk.

Just know that everyday is going to be better (hopefully) and that we are on the way to a better us!:smile:

It will get better. I found the anesthesia lasted a lot longer then I expected. Pay attention to the chest pain. I was diagnosed with plural effussions. (fluid in between the layers of my lungs) It repaired itself, but it was definitely uncomfortable. Just rest and you'll get through it!

Good luck!

Ali

My chant is now..."Let me just feel normal...please Lord!" :biggrin: I am such a baby about feeling light headed. I also keep thinking (a little desprately), I know this will go away, lots of people exercise with the band, they have to breath right???

Isn't it funny? It has only been a couple days since my surgery and I am trying to pep talk myself that I won't always feel this way. Silly me! :smile: I recognize that I am being silly, but I still feel that way anyway.

Carey

My chant is now..."Let me just feel normal...please Lord!" :biggrin: I am such a baby about feeling light headed. I also keep thinking (a little desprately), I know this will go away, lots of people exercise with the band, they have to breath right???

Isn't it funny? It has only been a couple days since my surgery and I am trying to pep talk myself that I won't always feel this way. Silly me! :smile: I recognize that I am being silly, but I still feel that way anyway.

Carey

That is so funny because I was just saying the same thing. I have gas but what I need is a great big burp.. Oh oh then I get the freaking sneezes thought I was going to die... Please Lord let me feel normal

They gave me a little breathing gadget... i had to suck in and get 3 little balls to move when i did that... and was told to do it 1 time every hour...they even sent me home with it... I hope you feel better soon... just know its important to keep taking deep breaths!

Yes!! This is me to a T.

I have a feeling of pressure when I take a deep breath and have been blessed with what feels like a permanent cramp in my side

It feels like the kind of cramp you get while running, drinking way to much, then trying to run some more.. Only problem is its just staying, and staying... and staying. Its still here!

Your right, when short of breath its nearly impossible to breath without some pain/discomfort.

I like the idea of taking it easy, but I want to get to the point I feel good.. Like you others, I will join the chant!

Until then, I'll worry there is something wrong with me.

Hi all,

I was banded 7/8/08 and had everything you are all discussing. Don't worry, it goes away. The heavy feeling in your chest is because the anethesia is heavier that the air in your lungs. I was also given an Incentive Spirometer to get the breathing back to normal. If you don't have one, deep breathing and walking will help. There is also the issue of the gas pains. I had them so badly in my shoulder, and again...you have to move around. Short walks always made me feel better. I spiked a low fever of about 100 on the third day after surgery and it lasted overnight and then broke. I will be 4 weeks on Tuesday and only have to wait 2 weeks before my first fill. I can't wait!!! Basically, you have to remember, you had a major surgery, and the first 6 weeks is for healing. Don't stress, after about 7-10 days you will feel almost 100%!!

Good luck, and Congrats!!