Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially banded and feeling great!!!

Hey Everyone! I am officially banded. Surgery went great this morning and I was home by 2PM EST and have felt great. I'm sure the meds have not worn off, but I'll take it:) Surgery was quick and easy and I was in recovery for about three hours. I came home, watched TV for a little while and just got back in from a little walk(doctor's orders) and am going to sip on some tea. For anyone going to Portsmouth hospital, they were AWESOME! My surgeon came into chat and didn't seem rushed, the other doctor's nurses and staff were fantastic-I'm going to write a letter to the hospital-I was that impressed. I'll write more when I can see straight and when I'm not as sleepy:) Thanks for the support and I look forward to our journey's together!!!Moe

Congratulations on your voyage into bandland! Please keep us posted as your day progresses. We're all soooooo excited to hear how things are going for all of you O' Pioneers!

Lanakila

MOEEEEEEEE!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I came home from work and I went straight to the computer to see if by any chance you posted anything. I was so shocked to see the post. You gave me so much comfort. I can hear the excitement in your post. Take it easy and keep us posted.

Congratulations Moe! You are my hero; banded this morning; home in the afternoon, went for a walk and took the time to post and tell us about it. OUTSTANDING!!!!

Busy time.

Last Monday it had been 3 months since I started trying to have this happen. I called the doctor's office to find they were still waiting for Tricare (retired military) to send approval. I called Tricare and after being passed around finally talked to the right people to find they had nothing on file requesting lap-band for me. I got their fax number and called the doctor's office. They said they'd faxed it two times before to different numbers. They faxed to the new number. Approved Wednesday morning (two days). Surgery scheduled for five days hense. I could have had this surgery in May and lost a ton of weight already If I'd gotten more involved sooner. :scared2::cursing: The older I get the dumber I grow. Now, I'm behind Moe 128 forever.

David

Edited by Roustabout

Moe, that is fabulous! You are the hero of the August All-Stars! It's really good to hear about positive experiences in hospitals, too, because so many times, it's just the opposite. I would also encourage you to write to them like you said. Usually, those of us, like me, who work in hospitals only hear the bad things. You will make their day just like they made yours! Good job!

congratulations and best wishes to you. I am soooo excited for you! Keep up that positive attitude! Let us know how things progress.

Wooo Hoooo Moe!!!! Good for you, I can only hope my surgery goes as well on the 12th......I am amazed that you were lucid enough to type and spell correctly! LOL

Sending all the best wishes and hugs,

Judie

Congratulations, I am so happy it went well. I have a dear friend who just started the pre-op program at what I believe is the same hospital in Portsmouth NH. She hopes to be banded in a few months.

It will only get better I'm sure.

Hey what do you think of the Manny trade?

This kid Jason Bay is a better outfielder and cute too. Maybe it was time for Manny to go. He hasn't really been happy in New England has he.