Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Emotions

Just wanted to take a head count again does everyone out there love their bands I want to know if it was all worth it for you i am getting my soon and am kind of spooked please let me know your positive and negative feeling about the band please thank

Probably no surprise, I LOVE MY BAND!!! I was prepared for anything and have been very pleasantly surprised at how relatively easy this ride has been. Sure, I've had my PB episodes and the moments of wondering how a meal could end so soon, but over time and in retrospect it's a learning curve I am GLAD to have climbed.

Obviously, my preop self was out of control. After 30+ years of severe obesity there was just nothing left to try to get my weight down to a safe level and be able to keep it there. I was absolutely at the end of my rope, but still unwilling to take the risks that went with anatomy rearranging.

As hard as some aspects seemed from time to time, the band has been instrumental in helping me eat less, every day. And that's all I needed it to do. I have absolutely no regrets, not for one second.

I love my band. I have had no major problems so far. I did go for my first fill but the doctor was unable to locate the port's center so I am having the fill done under fluoro next week. Other than that I would say it has been uneventful. I am losing weight at a slow pace but that's been ok. I notice I dont have the same appetite as I did before so overall I am satisfied with my band.

I am very happy with my band. I could have never lost more than 27 lbs. in five weeks on my own...and the really exciting part is that I know that weight will stay off. It has been and is difficult at times for me because changing your brain takes a lot longer than changing your body. My brain wants to eat a whole plate of food because that is what I have always done. Getting used to this new reality is a strange thing. I still am constantly surprised about what my new limits really are. While I have had no PB episodes (knock on wood), I have had some stomach aches. I find I really have to watch it and eat slowly so I can try to really know when I am full. Everyday is another day to learn something new. I defiinitely wouldn't trade my band for anything.

Love My Band!

Would do it again in a heartbeat! Firstt ime in my life I feel I will never re-gain the weight I have lost. I finally have control.

I've been banded 11 weeks. I love my band. Everyday I am stronger and stronger. Everyday I have more energy than I did the day before. My husband loves his band. He's lost almost 200 pounds and regained his life back.