Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SURE DO!! I'm a lil power house now! All the fat i have stored over the years is really stored Energy !! I try to eat about 2 oz of food for each meal and I got for Protein over anything. Since i gave up soda and other crappy food i feel so much better. And having energy is never an issue for me.

~~jessica :teeth_smile:

I have plenty of energy and I'm eating more than 1 cup of food in a day. I don't necessarily measure, but I am eating fairly good sized portions of healthy food at each meal and I'm still losing weight. You don't have to starve with the band.

I don't have much energy to be honest with you, but I have some other health issues that might be contributing to that. I eat a lot less carbs these days, but I do find that when I walk on my treadmill at least three times a week that my energy level does pick up.

Overall, yes. But I did have a small fill back in Feb that in hindsight I didnt really need and for the first time in my 3 banded years was truly eating that 1/2 cup at a time. Not only did I lose no weight (dont really need to anymore anyway) but it began to show energy wise. I was struggling with my running schedule.

Personally, I need to eat more than 1/2 cup servings/1000 calories a day and I need to eat plenty of wholegrain carbs. A 1500 to 1800 calorie a day diet based more on wholegrains than Proteins suits me. I dont know why I deviated from it. But a small unfill has got me going again.

Overall, I am a human dynamo now. I cant believe what I fit into a day and how much more efficient I am, let alone how far I can run! It was sooooooo the best thing I've ever done.

I have more energy.

It is much easier to keep going when you are eating right and carrying around less weight.

Hi:

I have more energy now than I did before I was banded. My body seems to like carrying around 142 less pounds. I think it is important to keep up with a good daily multi-Vitamin to ensure that you get enough Vitamins and minerals while on a low calorie diet.

I eat more than a cup of food per day too.

Good luck.

Sue

Wow Sue your weight loss is great. Almost triple mine. Please give an example your daily eating habits and exercise plan.

Thanks

Kim

I was banded almost four weeks ago and I have struggled with a lack of energy. I exercise five to seven times per week with a personal trainer. I think my body is struggling with the lack of calories verses energy output. I have started taking a Multi-Vitamin and B - 12. I am losing a consistent five to six pounds per week and feel better with each pound lost. However, I wish my energy would pick up just a bit.

I'm not on 1/2 cup yet, but I definitely have more energy. I think it's because I'm not eating any of those junky carbs anymore. I used to be tired all the time. I would take 6 hour naps during the weekends and still feel tired. But since I've been off of the carbs, omgosh, I don't need to nap as much, I can do housework without feeling dead, I can walk so much further, etc. I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel when I get to my sweet spot.

I have a ton of energy now but I realize that I wasn't feeling so good before due to too many carbs in my system. I get in between 1000-1200 calories daily and try to fit in plenty of exercise throughout the week. I find that taking my Vitamins and drinking my Water also help with energy levels.

Exercise has really made a difference with my "average energy level" throughout the day. I have found by biking that I have gotten to a point where I never feel the need to stop going . . . other than being tired from going up a hill I feel like I could go just about forever (except for the pain in my arse from sitting on that little bike seat after about 2 hours).

I've been banded 8 months. Up until recently I've had oodles of energy. The new exercise regimine really made a difference. I'm not sure why I'm tired lately, but my hair is falling out too. Something is off, I'm just not sure what. I'm not sleeping very well either. Maybe 4 good hours a night. I'm thinking my thyroid medication needs to be adjusted.