Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things That I Can't Stomach

Hello, I have a question for post-banders I was wondering is there things that you just cannot eat anymore? I'm Pre-Band myself and I was wondering if any of my favorites are gonna be on the Cannot Eat List basically so I can put them as my "last meal" I know it sounds sad but if I can't eat something anymore I just wanna savor that last time....Thanks Guys!!!!:smile2:

Leftovers. If I try to reheat meat, I get stuck every time. No matter how well I chew. Even soft meats, like a nice, moist, flaky fish.

It's kind of a bummer, since when I make the effort to make a nice meal, I really want to be able to get a few good lunches out of it. I *HATE* having to make myself something blech for lunch when there is a wonderful baggie filled with yummy-ness sitting right there in the refrigerator.

There is nothing I have tried to eat that I always get stuck on. I can pretty much eat everything I have tried, and I've tried most of the foods that people talk about getting stuck on. I have about 7 ccs in my 10 cc band, but I'm not what I would consider very tight. Since I'm still losing at this restriction, that's where I'm staying for now.

For the most part, I haven't run into much that just won't work. The only things I really can't seem to get down are Bagels or regular sandwiches (panini press seems to be ok though). Even those I can have a couple of bites of if I really crave. Nothing that I now look at and say "I can never have that again." Overall, no complaints or regrets.

Believe it or not, at different times of day, restriction is different. I can't eat scrambled eggs in the morning, but in the afternoon, they are fine. The one thing I have found that simply will not work is any kind beef steak. It will not go, and after the first bite I am done eating for hours.

I haven't tried filet mignon or prime rib yet, but honestly two attempts and two painful sliming episodes was enough to calm any cravings I've had for it.

And I'm with FairySaddle on the leftovers. Things that worked fine the day before, are a disaster the next day.

Edited by hopeendures

I've only been banded for 4 months so I'm, what I consider, a newbie. One thing I know I can't eat...tater tots. Oh dear, they were a very ugly experience. I can eat anything so far.

As for chicken, I don't do left over ckn breast, just because, even before LB, they were dry as leftovers. BUT I love left over legs & thighs (boiled with a bay leaf, grilled or shake & baked) they are way more moist than the breast. I cook them more now than breasts.

One thing you'll find interesting is how your taste buds change. For instance, I used to love Italian sausage, now it tastes very bland to me. I know dark green lettuces are better for me BUT some days I just have to have a wedge of iceberg...it tastes wonderful.

Yesterday I was running errands so i went to McDonalds & got one of those snake wraps...as I was eating it I realized that it didn't taste good enough for me to have wasted my calorie intake on it. Now that pissed me off, cause I KNOW that it's not like the old days when (this is really disgusting to me now) I would just go get something else to eat. Yes, I would have eaten both because lord knows we don't want to "waste" food! Anyway, after the snacker disappointment, I scratched those suckers off my 'to eat' list!

It important to remember everyone is diffrent, I can quite happily eat Pasta, Rice (even Sushi - take it very slow and chew well) any veg I fancy fruit the only thing that sticks for me is bread even toasted , but some people are able to eat bread with no problems. I don't eat meat or fish (I get the veggie sushi) so have no experience to share with you on that front. I love the lap band even with NO fill it still works for me I am tempted to ask my fill doctor to not put any in on my appointment on Tue. I try and stay away from junk like crisps (chips if ur from the USA) and chocolate and sweets I try and get my 5 portions of fruit and veg a day and drink 1.5Litre of Water. Although if I really fancy something I will have it but in moderation. I really feel like the lapband has set me free from food it's not the be all and end all now. Keeping busy also helps with keeping the food demons at bay! I am setting up a small business with my Mum which I would never have done before the Op and all of my frinds have noticed how much calmer I have become, I don't carry round that self loathing from food addiction any more. Best thing I ever did FACT XX

I have to be very careful with chicken breast. Especially leftover chicken breast! I call it "reverse chicken."

Also bread is hard for me to digest so I just avoid it altogether. Not a problem for me as I've never been a big bread eater.

The only two things that I have found so far were bread and surprisingly to me, watermelon.

If I want a sandwich I use those whole wheat wraps and do fine with them but regular bread gets stuck every time. I only tried watermelon once and the experience was so bad I probably won't ever try it again.

8 months out. White meat chicken gives me a little trouble. Not every time, but most the time, unless I puts some kind of sauce or gravey on it. It's to dry. Dense bread. NO WAY!! popcorn. OUch. Overcooked rubbery shrimp. If it's cooked properly it's okay.

I CANNOT drink Atkins Advantage strawberry shakes. Don't ask me why because I do just fine with chocolate or vanilla.

I get the heaves AND diarrhea.

Sick Sick Sick! I still feel yucky from getting sick about 6 hours ago. :tt2:

I just tried one today for the second time and the same thing happened both times. Go figure. I will never try one again.

:lol::eek::thumbup::eek::tt1: