Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who wants to admit they don't exercise?

When did you start to exercise?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When did you start to exercise?

• Have not started yet.
    • Always excercised.
    • Right before surgery.
    • Immediately after surgery.
    • After I lost 10-40 pounds.
    • After I lost 40+ pounds.

Well, I don't! But, I need to. I'm almost at goal and haven't done more than a lap around the block with the baby stroller.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I am a single mom and have no family/friends or baby-daddy close by to help. I work 50 hours per week, and can barely get my laundry done.

However, I know its time to do something. So, I'd like other bansters to join me. If you haven't started excercising yet, let's do it now.

Tell us what your exercise goal is. Then, visit us once per week and tell us if you've accomplished the goal, and set a new one for yourself. Here, I'll start:

My goal for this week is to walk the baby 3 times for 45 minutes in the neighborhood. 07-20-08

I admit, I havent. I just havent found the time. I was working 2 jobs, and I have a 2 year old. I work a lot, and my job isnt quite sedentary. I do get up and bend, pull, walk, all sorts on my job. I stand on my feet for the majority too. Anyway, I need to exercise. Its horrible I havent, Im paying for a gym membership, and havent really used it. But, Im still losing. Guess thats the positive.

I admit it, I haven't either. I just joined a pilates class which meets once a week, but I really don't think that's going to get it done. The extra skin on my arms is getting to be a problem so I'm going to have to start really exercising soon. but i whole heartedly admit it, I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!! :crying:

I've started walking everynight except 1 night of the week. I know I need to do more, but for now tihs is a good start for me. I HATE exercise, loathe it really. But I do not want a whole ton of loose skin, so I'm doing it. It sucks, but eventually I'll get into a routine and enjoy the nice fresh air. Plus my babies love it. I know its hard to get out and do something, my husband is deployed so I don't have anyone to take care of my babies for me, so thats why I take them with me. Just make an effort, and start slow. You can do it!

I am reading this thread and I am baffled!! :confused2: How are you losing this weight and not working out? Yes, I'm jealous, but I need to know what you are eat, or not eating so I can get on track. I was banded on June 13th, and I have lost 22 lbs, but I'm looking at everyone's numbers and they are fantastic:thumbup:! There are days that I go long periods of time without eating, like today, ate Breakfast (two eggs scrambled, cheese and salsa) and that is about it. I had meetings so no lunch, just Water. Oh yeah, had a 12oz Protein Shake and that was it. For dinner, it will probably be chicken breasts and veggies. What am I doing wrong. I work out about 3 times per week. Should be more, but I hate getting up early and with the kids in the evening it's a hassle. They want to jump on the ellipitical machine or treadmill with me. Advice please:crying:? I want to speed up this process and start loosing faster. Am I not eating often enough so my body thinks it's starving or what? :unsure:

It's funny, when I first got banded I exercised like a crazy woman. I am losing weight sufficiently and am happy about it. I am not losing as fast as I have plateaued a bit but I think it has picked up again. What I am finding this summer is that my exercise is coming in different ways. What I mean is that, like tonight for instance, instead of walking I played with my horses tonight. I brushed them, and cleaned them and and fixed fences and so on and so forth. I did this for about 3 hours. I know it was not high impact but I sweated my behind off and the horses loved the attention. It was twofold, good for me and them. I find also when I do stuff like that (gardening, horseplay...) I feel so much better about myself. It just feels good. I probably need to do some more aerobics but I will. Oh yeah, I just go my gallbladder out on Thursday so that is my excuse for no aerobics right now, :biggrin:!!

Every time I want to start a program, something comes up! I'm totally serious! Either my son is sick or I'm sick. This time, I'M SICK! I know I promised to walk the baby 3 times this week, but if I do, it's going to be sat, sun, mon. Wish me luck!

I haven't started a work out routine, per say - but I am far more active than I used to be. I am a huge fan of "unofficial" exercise. I park away from the entrance to things to get in more steps. I get up more at work (desk job). I take the stairs whenever possible. Every little bit counts! I also walk a few times a week after work for about 15-20 minutes. I do want to take an aerobic class somewhere thought...I am sure if I start to do cardio, the weight would start to come off at a more steady pace...Looking forward to pumping it up! :biggrin2:

I'm an exerciser.

I ran out of excuses not to exercise a few months before I was banded.

And really I'm not here to pee on anyone's parade, but you'll be more healthy, not just weigh less if you exercise.

Oh, I'm a single mom, work full-time and am in school full-time. I know about being busy...it's just part of what I do. And yeah, I get to eat more because I exercise, which is pretty awesome by my standards.

I'm not much of an exerciser but 3 months ago I started using the treadmill and used it every day religiously for 6 weeks. It was hard to start but once I started, I actually enjoyed it. I worked up to 45 minutes a day doing 2 miles. I didn't lose an ounce of weight but that was because it really kicked in my metabolism and made me so hungry I consumed even more food. I didn't gain weight, but I didn't lose. I got so discouraged I quit. I plan on starting again this weekend because I do miss the feeling of euphoria after a good work out.

i just got banded june 30th ive lost 29 pounds since i started and tho its not an excuse im so weak because im not on solids yet

I was banded on July 10 and haven't started exercising yet. My Grandmother passed away last week and I was out of town during that time. Just dealing with being around all that food was trying enough! On my surgery day, my doctor told me about a woman he saw the previous day. She was banded on Dec. 13, weighing 340 and on July 9 she was down 90 pounds! I asked "wasn't that too fast and wouldn't she have a lot of loose skin?" He said "not if you are exercising". That lady had been doing Water aerobics 3 or 4 times a week. As soon as I got home, I started looking for a local place that I could take water aerobic classes. My doctor told me not to start until I see him for my post op next week, but as soon as he gives me the ok, I'm starting!

I admit I worked out like an animal the first few months after being banded but soon lose hope. I found it hard to adjust my lifestyle and old habbits. Soon I was back to eating junk food again. I just recently hired a personal trainer who planned a personalized diet for me and has even gone as far as to shop and cook for me. Don't get me wrong its costing an arm and a leg but totally worth it.its been a week now so I'm keeping my finguers crossed. Good luck everone -(

Well, I don't! But, I need to. I'm almost at goal and haven't done more than a lap around the block with the baby stroller.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I am a single mom and have no family/friends or baby-daddy close by to help. I work 50 hours per week, and can barely get my laundry done.

However, I know its time to do something. So, I'd like other bansters to join me. If you haven't started excercising yet, let's do it now.

Tell us what your exercise goal is. Then, visit us once per week and tell us if you've accomplished the goal, and set a new one for yourself. Here, I'll start:

My goal for this week is to walk the baby 3 times for 45 minutes in the neighborhood. 07-20-08

I haven't started exercising. I have lots of excuses (we're building a house, I'm afraid of hurting my knees like I have numerous times during my progression to a non-athletic person, time, etc.) but I know that I'm just lazy. Lots of people manage to incorporate exercise into their lives regardless of stress or pain or perceived lack of time.

I told myself when I got the band that I would start doing leg and core-strengthening exercises by date X, then kept changing the date. My most recent vow was that I'd start when I'd lost 75 pounds - I passed that level recently, so I need to either start or find another excuse. Lets see - when I hit 100? When the house is finished in late September?

Those of you who are exercising really inspire me. I know I won't make it to a "normal" weight without exercise, and I know I'll have support when I finally break my exercise fast ;-)