Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Restriction?

i was band may 5th im @ 4cc. in a 4cc band and feeling reallllly goood! every one is different go by how you feel when you get your fill, if you feel you need more ask yout doctor you want to be sure of things before you leave the office.

I was banded on May 31st and had my first fill on July 16th. I was leaving on vacation four days later, so my doctor was conservative on my first fill. He only gave me 2.5 ccs in a 10 cc band cause he didn't want me to chance me being too tight and being 1400 miles from home. I am going back this week and hoping to get to 4. The only problem foods I have discovered is RICE. OMG. If all food gave me the same feeling as eating two bites of rice, then life would be good. As it is, I can basically eat anything. The quantity is not as much as pre-band, but I know it is way too much.

I had my 1st fill on Saturday morning. My doctor recommended 1cc but she gave me 1.4cc and I think that was just right. I can't eat as much. I can't tolerate chicken at all no matter how much I chew it up. OMG its hard to get used to this banded feeling. I really have to slow down. And even without being filled and not really trying, I still lost 3 pounds. My goal is 1 or 2 lbs per week.

Hey all, just checking in!

So I had my first fill in the 3rd of August, 3.5ccs I had some restriction but not enough for sure. So yesterday I went and my doctor gave me another 2ccs. I couldn't swallow my own spit an hour after but held out and wanted to see how I was after 24 hours. My doctor doesn't make us go on fluids or anything like that. So about 8 hrs later I decided to make some dinner salmon whole grain Pasta for the man and some cauliflower. So I was able to eat almost 3 oz of salmon and then I tried a bite of noddle. Bad mistake I have never felt such horrid chest pain in my life took me 30mins for it to pass. So I am being much more careful I was able to eat left over salmon at work, some cherries and yogurt and have just been taking my time. Chewing and taking my time is the hard part but I don't want that nasty feeling again so I will slow down! Hope everyone is doing well! Best wishes!!!

here's a funny. got stuck on chicken and decided to turn myself upside down to dislodge it. Don't laugh--it worked! but that same small piece of chicken eventually went right back down and plugged me up again. Bottom line is this--there is a difference in being full and having chest pain and another thing to be plugged and have chest pain. If you are plugged--it will have to come back up. It's the only way. I am learning this the hard way.

What does restriction feel like?? I have only had one fill 1cc in a 4cc band. I find that at night, I can eat anything. During the day I am so busy, just barely have time for Breakfast and lunch. I did have an episode of "frothing"...was eating buffalo wing and drank some crystal lite.. But I am curious about full restriction... do you feel full all the time?? Is there an actual physical feeling of tightness?? Thanks for any input

this has been an interesting week getting used to my first fill. This morning I could feel the tightness of the band in my body. That's wierd. I was hungry during the night but after getting up I wasn't. I'm really not that hungry any more. I still want to eat though. dinner time is bad for me. That band won't let anything thru. Afternoons seem to be the best time for me to eat.

I had my 2nd fill last Tuesday. Since my PA said it usually takes 4-6cc's in a 10cc band, I thought I'd be fine after my 1cc fill for a total of 3cc's. It could be my stomach's still a little swollen since only 4days ago, But boy, I LUV this feeling I'm getting right now. All PRAISES to my KING!! I can hardly get 1/2cup in before I actually have a full/satisfied feeling!! And it's lasting til time to eat again. I pray this goes on for next 9wks, before my next scheduled fill..."IF I need it" per my PA's words.....

I hope my post is appropriate here. I had my surgery May 19, 2008 and I have yet to need a fill. The doctor says I am losing weight at a rate ahead of the curve and that he won't fill me until my weight loss slows down. (50 pounds including pre-op fast.)

The problem I have is that I am hungry most of the time and can eat more food than is probably okay. I do reach a point however, where I can't eat anymore.

Just wondering if anyonoe else has had this experience? I should just be happy I haven't needed a fill yet, right?

I hope my post is appropriate here. I had my surgery May 19, 2008 and I have yet to need a fill. The doctor says I am losing weight at a rate ahead of the curve and that he won't fill me until my weight loss slows down. (50 pounds including pre-op fast.)

The problem I have is that I am hungry most of the time and can eat more food than is probably okay. I do reach a point however, where I can't eat anymore.

Just wondering if anyonoe else has had this experience? I should just be happy I haven't needed a fill yet, right?

Gurl you are blessed!!! if you really lost 50 pounds with out a fill dont get one your fine ask him what can you do to control your hunger you shouldnt feel like your starving , nor suffer see if he can give you at least 1/2 cc just to help out the hunger ???:smile2: congrats on your weight lost

I think no fill so far is great! It only means your giving your body more time to adjust to this slow change.