Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Annie! I am five months post op.

I am still dealing with trying to get to my sweet spot. I have a fill appointment next Friday and I’m hoping for the best!

I really have troubles with breads. I have a lot of problems if I accidentally take too big a bite or if I don’t chew properly. These are things that a good bandster must remember.

Welcome to LBT!!

HI, I am 5 months out and this is what I ate today

B- 1/2 a bannana

S- Kashi Bar

L-1/2 of a ham sandwich

S-1/2 c Cereal and milk 1/2 a bannana

D- Fish Taco

1300 calories for the day

I can eat just about anything right now, chicken and pork can be a challenge if they are dry, oh and I had snap peas get stuck yesterday.

weight.png

I'm not 4 months out....but I've had 3 fills and losing weight great at about 2 lbs a week.

I can eat anything even bread.....couple of days ago I went to Applebee's and had the large Shrimp and Spinach salad and then a Blondie Brownie with ice cream :thumbup: of course I don't eat like that everyday....but that day it was GOOD!

I enter everything at www.thedailyplate.com even it's it junk food....and yes I do eat junk food from time to time, but I keep my calories around 1300 a day.

If it wasn't for the band I would not be able to stick to the 1300 calories a day........LOVE MY BAND!:wub:

What I'm eating at 2 and a half years out is not dissimilar to what I was eating at about six months, I just dont worry quite so much about a few extras here or there now I'm at goal.

I stick to 3 meals a day most of the time, and dont snack. Snacking is a problem for me, once I start, I keep going.

Today I had

Breakfast:

2 weetbix (wholegrain wheat cereal) with sliced banana and skim milk.

lunch

Small mixed sushi pack (6 pieces)

fresh strawberries with some cream (just a dollop, lol) - this was about half an hour later.

Dinner:

curried peanut pumpkin Soup - a good bowful

It was an easy dinner tonight, the kids had basketball, didnt get in till 7. Usually its a meat and 3 veg type meal. The Soup was homemade though, out of the freezer.

I can and do eat bread, most days.

I can eat just about everything except eggs.. I can't do boiled or scrambled.. I can do deviled eggs.. I have not tried to eat any bread since I've been banded, so I have no clue if I can get it down or not. I don't even want to try. I have tried about an inch size of pita, but that's not doughy. I mostly eat pho Soup (broth, chicken and beansprouts only), tuna, chicken, chili, fruit, veggies, and salads. I can do tortillas if they are grilled. Other than the beef in the chili, I don't eat beef or pork anymore. Not because I can't get it down, I just don't have a taste for it anymore.

I am at perfect restriction right now and a week away from being 5 months out.

It all depends on your restriction. For the 1st year of bandsterhood, you'll see that your restriction will change on a daily basis.

I don't know if this is what others did, but this is what I did:

LOW/NO RESTRICTION: Tried to stay on a 'south beach' sort of diet. Very low carb, but still able to eat potatoes, rice, etc. Also, tried to maximize/volumize my food with lots of vegetables so I felt full. When my restriction SUCKED I could eat just like pre-surgery, so I had to go on a 'diet'.

MEDIUM RESTRICTION: 1 egg and 1 sausage for Breakfast, chicken breast for lunch w/ a couple of wheat crackers, dinner was a shrimp cocktail with a salad. I added a Protein Shake in there to get up to 50 grams of Protein per day.

PERFECT RESTRICTION: High Protein all the way. coffee in the morning to open up the stoma. 11:00: Breakfast is oatmeal with a tbsp of Peanut Butter melted into it. lunch is 4 oz of ahi with soy and wasabi. dinner is 4 oz of chicken with peanut sauce.

As my restriction changes, so does my diet. This YO YO goes on for about a year. Or, when you are closer to goal and your fills/restriction have leveled out. Until then, its a game to figure out where your restriction is and what you need from your doctor.

Remember, as you lose fat on your body, your stomach and other organs lose fat too. The band around your stomach losens, just like your pants. Therefore, a fill is in order. When you're closer to goal, these types of drastic loses are fewer and you won't need as many adjustments...

Whatever you want to eat..you just can't eat as much...try to make good choices...the only thing that is really a no-no for me...is bread from like olive garden...i can't eat that...so i don't even try....i don't eat pop-corn, i never, never drink cokes, not even diet cokes...carbonated drinks are not allowed...i have to remember to chew, chew, chew, and eat slowly....and i never...drink with my meals...i stop drinking liquids 30 min. Before my meals and i don't drink for 1 hour after a meal...if you do, it washes the food thru your band and you will be hungry before it is time to eat...if you don't drink liquids your food will filter slowly thru your band and you will stay full longer...

Jachut--I would LOVE the recipe for your curried peanut pumpkin soup! That sounds really good, AND full-liquid phase friendly (which I will start Tuesday, the day after banding!). What sort of "pumpkin" are we talking about? I know there's a difference between what we call pumpkins between the US, UK and Australia :thumbup:

I have had one fill so far....had my surgery on may 7th - I am at the point where I feel like I can eat more than I should be eating - so I am really trying to cut back more now - I cant eat bread at all !!!

It is sooooo easy.

Take some pumpkin Soup - we made ours, but we've done this with Campbell's Velish and any good canned/carton pumpkin Soup will work. All we do to make pumpkin soup is take a butternut pumpkin (which I think you guys call butternut squash) and cube it. In a pan in some olive oil fry off an onion and a couple of rashers of lean bacon, then add the cubed pumpkin and about a litre of stock/broth (we use Vegeta, you can use chicken stock though), simmer till the pumpkin is mushy, then drain off and reserve the liquid and puree the pumpkin adding in liquid if needed. Best do your own fave pumpkin soup recipe though since we've got completely different pumpkins in Australia - have had this dicussion in depth on another board, lol. So whatever is the sweetest best tasting pumpkin in your neck of the woods.

We freeze the soup. Then when we want to eat it, you just heat in a saucepan and add a REALLY big spoonful of crunchy Peanut Butter, a good shake of all purpose curry powder (to taste) and a couple of good dollops of sour cream - good greek yogurt works too.

That's it. Its delish!