Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have any of you been banded by a Dr. Matthew Metz at Presybetarian/St. Luke's Hospital in Denver, Co?? He will be banding me on August 21, 2008.

Hi-

I was banded by his partner, Dr. Brown at P/SL back in May. It went really smoothly. I met Dr. Metz a couple of times at the office and he seemed really nice.

Good Luck!

Angie

My husband and I are being banded by him August 14th. I liked Dr Metz. I think he is quite knowlegable and I have no worries about him being able to do a great job.

I am being banded by Dr. Metz on August 14th also. Are you scheduled for early in the morning?

My surgeon is moving to Pennsylvania and is referring his patients to Dr. Metz. I'd be curious to know what his style is. How is his diet program? Is he easy to reach? How do fills go with him? How long has he been doing bands, etc.?

I have no idea what time surgery will be performed. This has all went so fast. My first appointment with Dr. Metz was July 15 and we scheduled my pre-op appoinmtnet for August 4th and surgery for August 21st. I have sooo many questions to ask on the 4th and am sure I will get all my questions answered then.

With Dr. Metz/Dr. Brown when did they tell you what time on on your surgey date to be at the hospital. We've scheduled my date but, not what time to be there I'm guessing they will let me know at my pre-op appt??? If not I will have to ask

Pumpkin: You will get the time and your liquid diet papers during preop. I had a full day of everything because I live so far away. You will get that info during your preop. Everyone is really nice at that office.

atenciym: Thank you! Now a few of my worries are gone... the liquid diet is that for before or after surgery?

Pumkin: 3 days of Clear Liquids before surgery. I have to start mine on 8/11 as my surgery is 8/14. Have you attended the nutrition class? They give you a very good binder with all the info. I was expecting the clear liquids to be for a longer time. I have read of people having to do clear liquids for weeks at a time. Where are you from? Are you self pay or insurance? My appoinment was on 7/18 and I already received an approval letter today 7/24 (yippee!). Have you had your blood work drawn? I got a call back from the nurse saying my Iron was low so I am desperate to build it back up. I don't want to an reason for the operation to be cancelled. Especially since I have to drive about 5 hours to get there.

Oh, ok. No, I haven't attended the nutrition class I think she said that would be on the 4th along with my pre-op appointment. I'm going to be faxing over my blood work to there office in a bout 5 minutes. All my blood work is 100% according to my primary doctor in California but, I'll see what they say. I live here in Denver but am originally from San Jose, Ca. I am a self pay. Where exactly are you driving down from?

Very Southern Colorado, the San Luis Valley. I am very excited!!! Did you already do your psych eval? How long have you been thinking about getting this done?

Yea, I did my Psych Eval on 07/15 with Liz. I'm excited too! and sooo nervous. Well, I was thinking Gastric Bypass about a year and a half ago but, wasn't too serious (my mom really wanted me to do it) and since I moved to Colorado in January I needed a change for myself(not anybody else) so I guess since Feb.

So you've already done your pre-op right? If so was that when you went to the nutrition class?

I have been researching since about late April or so. I got my blood work back from the 9health fair and new I needed to make a change. I am nervous also, especially the being put to sleep part. You have any kids? I have a son he will be 2 on Monday and my daughter is 7. I know I need to do this so I can be around for them as they grow up. I did already got everything all finished up. Did everything in one day because of the travel. The only thing left to do is get labs redrawn because of the low Iron.< /p>