Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

I've had a wonderful response of people wanting to be listed on the August Roster. That isn't anything official or anything, I just wanted to know who was going when so that I could send wishes and support their way as their date came closer. BUT, then I decided that maybe others would like to know too. Maybe some folks who are going at the same time will want to chat among themselves. Maybe folks who are in the same region would like to chat. Who knows!

I'm no moderator, but I thought that I'd start this thread off so that we can all develop a community of sorts. I hope that everyone is reading other groups too, but it would be nice to get our group interacting alot so that this becomes a group you just plain want to visit everyday!

Tell us what you are doing today, lapband related or not. Tell us about yourself, or let folks know that your profile is filled out so that we can learn more about you there. Let's share, share, and share!

OK, I'll start...

Lapband related:

Today I go for my EKG. The dr didn't originally order one, but his office called on Friday to let me know that they "had made an appt for me." Good thing my job is flexible enough for me to pop out on short notice! This test should be the last hoop I have to jump through. Then I'm really (REALLY) hoping that I'll be able to get a date so that they can apply for pre-approval from my ins.

Not really related:

I am a geeky person, I'll admit it. I also have four cats, much to my husband's dismay. My little sister sent me this YouTube link this morning and I pretty much laughed so hard that I snorted my morning soda (yes, I'll have to give up the diet pepsi :tongue_smilie: ). The guys did an awesome job of planning, writing and editing this video. Even if you aren't a cat owner, I think you'll enjoy their humor!

An Engineer's Guide to Cats: [ame=

]
[/ame]

Lanakila,

That video is so funny. I also have 2 cats and a beagle so we have many hours of activity in our house.

Good luck today, the EKG is fast and when I did mine I was in and out of there in about 30 minutes. The actual test was only about 1 minute long.

I am being banded on August 11, it seems so far away but I know it will come quick. My next step is this weekend my husband is going to take before pictures and also we are going to take measurements of all my parts. I have a pre op appt on the 30th that I found out yesterday is going to take 6 hours!!! But I will be meeting with the Dr and nurses and going over the insurance paperwork, etc.

July 28th I start the dreaded 2 week pre op diet, my Dr is having me do 3 Protein drinks and 1 small meal everyday so I think I will be able to handle that.

I am just super excited about starting a new part of life!!!

Lap Band related:

I am being banded on August 6th. I am having an EGD on the 21st of July. Not looking forward to it. I have to be on a liquid diet one week prior to surgery. I am having surgery in Dallas TX two hours drive from my house.

Not related:

I have 4 children and have been married almost 20 years. We have 1 dog, 2 kittens, and one bird. I feel like we are one of those families with animals everywhere.

I am very excited about starting this journey and am thankful that I found this forum and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

So, Hottie...just what parts will your hubby be measuring, hmmmmm? :thumbup: Actually, I look forward to being able to get those gross pics taken so that I can use them as motivation while I'm trying to get past the smell of those darned Protein drinks. I've found some that taste pretty good but, sheesh, they all smell "proteiney." I keep telling my hubby that I'm going to have to get one of those sippy cups that is indented in, like a travel mug, so that I don't have to smell the darned things!

Shelby, have you told your kids what your surgery is for? How do you think you are going to handle still having to cook for the household? I have a girlfriend who had a RNY about 7 years ago and has had 2 little girls since. Both of her girls know that mommy cannot eat sugary things because it will make her sick. But she also will treat them to a sweet once a week. I don't know how she can bake brownies and not sneak a pile of them! I'm not the kind of girl who will be able to even start with a tiny portion. Sweets are always going to be a "red light" food for me, so better I not even tempt myself! I'm lucky in that my hubby is the cook most of the time, and since we don't have kids I won't have to look longingly at a bunch of big plates of yumminess. I'll probably start looking longingly at the dog and cat bowls.... :o

I just got my surgery date this afternoon. I am scheduled for August 11th. My surgeon is only asking for 1 day of pre-op diet but I think I will try to add a few more for my own benefit. It won't be fun but I have read the reason behind others doing a longer pre- op diet and think it is a good idea. I have 2, 9 year old girls and they are very high maintence. I can't wait for school to start once again. I just moved to Texas this Spring and have not made any friends here in the new town yet, but I am hoping that will change soon. After being out of the country for a few years it is a big adjustment coming back again, but I am so glad to be back in USA.

Sherry - we will be banded on the same day!! Are you doing any kind of preop diet?:frown:

Did anyone see the posting in the Post Op threads about someone who woke up from the surgery for their band and had an open incision from the breast bone to the belly button, all because the liver was too large!!! It just makes me wonder why some doctors don't require the pre op diet, not only does it help to prepare you mentaly for the life after band, but it reduces the size of the liver.:confused2:

Also I was on you tube the other night and watched an actual surgery that was recorded, did any of you see that...very interesting. But my big strong husband couldn't handle it!!:lol:

Hi fellow August Bandsters!

Im living in Orlando now, but i am having my surgery in Jacksonville on August 4th, and then moving to Atlanta... anyone else in the south??? I am SO excited about this whole thing! I messed around a bit during the 3 month diet program, but as soon as i had the second appointment and knew they were submitting to the insurance company, i cracked down on carbs and lost 10lb in less then 2 weeks! It has been a little insane, but i feel so blessed to be doing this! I go in for my pre-op appointment at the hospital and could not be more excited! I look forward to meeting you all at goal weights one day!

Nikki

Start of process: April 2nd

Nutritionist: April 30th

Shrinky Apt: May 7th

LOTS of Blood-work: June 31st

Insurance submittal: July 11

Insurance APPROVAL!!!: July 16

My New Birthday: August 4, 2008 (Priceless :blush: )

weight.png

Hey Auggies,

I'm jumping in...today is my first day posting. My band date is Aug. 15th. Pre op testing is July 28th. Getting nervous but really excited to start my journey. Thanks Lanakila for starting this thread. This site has been great. Personal: married to a very supportive and loving woman almost 24 yrs. 2 teenage boys, one in college. I look forward to sharing with you.

Lana, Yes I have told my children. My youngest is ten and the oldest is in college so I think they are old enough to know. They are excited for me and very supportive. We ski every year at Christmas and last year I did not want to go because of my size so my family is hoping I lose enough to get back on the slopes with them this year!

BTW I really enjoyed the cat video!

What did I do today....I went to work and resisted the homemade ice cream cake during birthday time. I socialized and smiled and made a quick exit before anyone noticed that I didn't have any cake.

I am full of nerves and butterflies as Aug 1st gets closer everyday. I have finshed all the pre-op work and I don't have a pre-op diet except clear liqudis the day before.

I have a loving and supportive husband. I have a 3 year old daughter and A 6 year old Black Lab is my walking partner.

I am thankful that I have met so many supportive people here.:cool2:

I'm getting banded Aug. 6th and I have my pre-op July 22 (on Tuesday)...I'm trying hard not to really think about my date because I don't want to get nervous.

I'm married to a wonderful man, I have a 15 year old daughter and I have two boys 8 & 3. Two out of 3 (only because one is only 3 lol) play club soccer and I'm there team managers....it's alot of work but, I have fun doing it! So yes, I'm a total soccer mom (but, soccer mom's gone wild is a better why to describe me!LOL).

Lanakila...I loved the video..LOL BTW...I'm a morning diet pepsi girl too! Nothings going to be harder then to give it up!

Edited by cutiew/booty

Good Morning!!!

I am superexcited! I got my date yesterday of August 11th. I will have my pre-op testing on July 29th and then my 2 week pre-op diet starts. I am excited. I am ready for this change. I am going to start shopping this weekend to try out different types of Protein drinks since GNC has a great return policy...If you don't like it they will take it back!

As for unrelated band info. I live just outside of Providence, RI and I love it! I have one son who just turned 4 years old this past weekend and a wonderful boyfriend.:)