Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters...how much have you lost since surgery??

You'all are making me feel bad. I came home weighing 3 lbs more than when I left to be banded. Im just today below where I started. You mean Im supposed to be showing a big weight loss already?? Someone told me not to worry, the swelling was normal and not to be watching my weight already. We are all still having some swelling if we were just banded in July, once that comes down there will be more weight loss.

Im not going to let the fact many have big losses already bother me.

Since surgery, July 9, I've lost 8 lbs. However, I'm still bloated and VERY uncomfortable. The gas pains are driving me crazy!!!:unsure:

I was banded on the 9th. I'm 10 pounds down since surgery day. Pre surgery I lost 20 pounds.

food is not even in my vocab right now. My mind wont even go there.

Me too. I am miserable and just want to lay down...

However, I'm still bloated and VERY uncomfortable. The gas pains are driving me crazy!!!:unsure:

I WAS BANDED ON JULY 8TH. I WEIGHED 256 ON SURGERY DAY, TODAY I WAS 249...SO 7 LBS SINCE SURGERY...:unsure:

I was banded on July 2nd and had a fill of 4cc's put in my 10cc band at time of surgery so I have quite a bit of restriction. I have lost 11 lbs. I almost went in for an unfill b/c for 2 days I got so full feeling that I couldn't stand myself. I made the emergency appt to get the unfill but within hrs of making that appt the feeling went away and I noticed it was b/c I quit drinking so much. The next day, day of my appt I was feeling fine so I cancelled the unfill. Iam now glad I have restriction. Iam feeling fine now that Iam getting the hang of it.

:smile2: I have lost 13 lbs!!! I was banded on the 1st! I start mushies tomorrow, so hopefully I won't gain a whole bunch back before I get my first fill! (my first fill isn't until Aug. 27th:crying:)

I was banded on sat 12th July.. I have lost 5lbs so far. Like some of you guys I am so bloated & full of gas its really uncomfortable..... I hate it! Roll on healing & removal of excess gas!

I am down 11lbs since July 9th banding. i can only seem to take in about 300-400cal a day without getting "choked up". no vomiting...yet, but i am being very strict on the puree diet i have to be on for the next month. how much Fluid did they give you during surgery? each L of NS weights about 2.2lbs. if you had a long surgery you may have gotten up to 3 or 4 L depending on your size and lab results.

My surgery was about 1hr 30mins.. not sure how much Fluid I was given during the operation. I am finding it difficult to drink much Water though as I don't like creating more wind!

I had surgery on 7/1 and lost 13 pounds since surgery. I only lost 2 pounds on the pre-op diet, so 15 total. I am eating mushies now so I think the weight loss has slowed considerably.

Had my surgery on 7/9. I was kind of upset when I got on the scale after I got home and realized I had put on 7 pounds because of the surgery. But today, I'm happy to report that I've lost those 7 pounds and have also lost 4 more pounds on top of that.

I was banded on the 8th weighing 228, came home and weighed 235. Weighed myself today at 224 so technically 4 down since surgery. Minny hic ups and left shoulder pain are driving me crazy today! Total loss 21 since first surgeon appt on 5/21.

I was banded on the 2nd and have lost about 7.5 lbs. I gained 3 right after but then that plus the 7.5 all came off last week. I'm still really bloated and gassy. I've never passed this much gas in my entire life. It's soooo embarrassing.