Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does everyone do for a living?

I noticed a lot of you girl and guys are on during morning hours and less at night so im thinkin you all are at work. Im a stay at home mom and i redeliver newspapers to people who did not get them on the weekends...

I dont work right now as much because i have gotten to a point where i feel almost embarrassed to get a job. I have a hard time working in an office because i dont have the right clothing to wear and anything that looks office appropriate in my size is like 35 years older than me..;):D Well the benefits of seeing my daughter grow up right now are far greater than an office job so for now its ok, but i can be a sit on my azz mom forever....its time to get moving and get my career goin....

So anyway just curious what you all do for a living and basically just tryin to get a feel for you all.

p.s. i dont think ive ever used "you all" in a post so many times!!

I'm in the roofing business. I'm trying to be semi-retired. My two sons are pretty much taking over things now and I have a very bright assistant who pretty much does my job now, (what she really wants is my office and paycheck, LOL). We work about 8 crews of about 6-8 men per crew, plus my office, warehouse and delivery people. I've been around roofers so long I tend to use the language they use, so I have to really watch myself when I'm with other ladies. I also invest in real estate and rent out homes and manage all the properties.

I understand your feelings about dressing for the office, I had gotten to a point I didn't like to go out socially, I was so tired of always being the heaviest person there. Thank goodness for my band.

Good luck with your surgery.

Wow Pat, that seems like a alot of work on your plate. Sounds fun tho. I hope to manage some realestate if i get mroe successful later in years. I hear it can bring a great return with the right place in the right area.

I work in the EDI Dept for a large Agriculture Company. I reconile Ag Sales.

I wish I could be a stay at home mom with the prices for child care these days not to mention missing out on all the childs first it's pretty depressing. I have been playing with the notion of taking classes to become a realtor for quite some time now. My husband is a Pipe Layer for new sites.

Im a part time student, I dont work at all. This summer term im only taking 2 classes. Im going for my nursing degree, at a community college. I will soon move up to the University and get my Bachlers in Surgical Nursing. My husband works at AOL so I get to talk to him all day online.. hehehe actually we hardly even talk online LOL

You know that was my dream to be a nurse I even envision myself working in the Hosp but my kids are still to little to go back to school. Maybe one day

I am a stay-at-home mom of three and an artist. I do paintings (mostly acrylics) on canvas and wall murals. Since I don't have any special orders right now though, I have put my painting on the back burner to focus on getting my surgury and learning as much as possible about it. OK, truthfully, I have just become a little obssessed with getting this done and can't seem to rip myself away from the computer (between constantly checking my insurance site to see if my claim was approved yet, and reading every site and board I can find, LOL) and books on the subject so everything else has been pushed aside!!! LOL

Nita

I’m an Antenna Test Engineer in what is know as the Silicon Valley. I’ve lived in the Bay Area just about all my life. Job duties consist of testing antennas for satellite, submarines, ships, airplanes; missiles….and some land based applications. Most of the antennas are used for defense and surveillance. I’ve been doing this for about 20 years.

Now that I have kids I so long to be at home but do enjoy the work I do, plus we need the money! As things happen for a reason, my daycare is retiring next month. My 4 year old is starting pre-school next fall, and I’ll be going on part-time so when the kids get out of school…I’ll be home!!!

So yes I’ve got computers all around me at work and seldom touch one at home.

Guest j. lynn

Software Engineer.

jayme