Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think this is SO poetic justice! LOL. My husband is having to do everything for our daughter, who is 2, while I heal! Dirty Diapers, Nap Times, food, Sippy Cups, Playing, Whining, Fussing! All of it! I get to sit in my recliner, and watch TV, sipping my liquids, and blowing kisses at my baby girl. I love my husband, and he's a wonderful provider! But, now he knows what I go through all day! Though he would NEVER admit it, I think he's finally seeing why I'm tired at the end of the day! Not to mention, I can't lift ANYTHING, so in a couple of weeks, when it's time to start setting up my classroom (I am a teacher), he'll have to do all the furniture moving and heavy lifting! I think I timed this surgery JUST right!:thumbup:

Lucky you! I only had a one week ten pound restriction! My husband took a month's leave so he could help out, but our daughter is four so basically all he had to do was make her meals and keep her occupied. I can so totally relate to your post though!!

Lucky you! I only had a one week ten pound restriction! My husband took a month's leave so he could help out, but our daughter is four so basically all he had to do was make her meals and keep her occupied. I can so totally relate to your post though!!

Really? My doctor gave a 6 week 20 lbs restriction. The Army gave him a month as well, and I'm SOOOO gonna put his big muscled arms to work in my classroom!:biggrin2:

That is sooo Poetic Justice! I think your timing was perfect!! :redface:

I'm pretty blessed in that DH is pretty involved with ALL aspects of DD and her care (she's 2 as well).

Right now I'm having a rough time of it b/c DH is a fireman and he's stuck on duty with all these fires in the state. He's been on duty for 3 weeks and not coming home til Thursday.

We don't have any family in town so I don't get any breaks. We go see him at the station in the evening sometimes so he plays while I sit and watch. If I have an appointment or class, she goes to a friend's for a couple of hours but that's all the break I'm getting right now.

This last week she's been sick and now I think I'm getting it, so UGH!!

I just keep telling myself "this too shall pass."

Sorry about that! Guess I needed to get it out! :thumbup:

Congratulations on your new band!!!

HeartFire-

I totally understand! We've been through 2 deployments, and are about to go through a 3rd. Last deployment, our daughter was 6 months old when DH deployed. When he got back, the baby he'd taken care of, and held, fed, and loved was 2! She was a big kid who walked, and talked, and whined! I don't think he quite knew what to do. So, I've been the primary caregiver, because sometimes he just feels lost, I think. We're hoping that after this next deployment we can have a 2nd baby, and he'll be THERE to see him/her grow into toddlerhood. Although, with the military, you really never know what's going to happen!

I was banded 2 1/2 wks ago and husband has been having to take care of 4, 7 10 yr old girls plus a 13 yr old pre-pubescent boy. LOL WELCOME TO DADDYHOOD! My husband was on subs until he retired in 05. I did about 7 deployments (2 1/2 months each every 5 months) with 2 kids then 3, and one of them was a newborn the last deployment. PLUS he was in IRAQ recently for a year and a half. SO it's his turn. MR MOMMY!! He's been very good and attentive all the while still managing to take care of me, too. (He's probably wishing for those submarine days right about now). ALTHOUGH the shape of my poor house leaves a little to be desired *sigh* :cool:

I sooo admire you military families and totally don't equate what I go through to what y'all deal with. I look up to all of you! It would be hard to do this for 6 months, or years on end. We only have to deal with this during the summer. Eventually it'll rain and he'll get to come home. Or he'll have scheduled a vacation and get to be home for a week before heading back out. It definitely gets hard day in and day out. You get mired in the day to day and it's hard to see the end of it.

She's really starting to talk now. She's always been vocal and had her own language but now she's really starting to use our english!! I'm having to try to remember to tell him what words she's saying now. Some of them are pretty hard to understand! If she'll say them, I have her repeat them to him directly so he can hear what it sounds like. She uses her own sign language too so sometimes it's a partial word and a sign to get her request or meaning across. He comes home Thursday and I leave a few hours later for a doctor's appt and class that night so he's on his own right away! I can't wait! Well, I don't really want to go to the GYN b/c he's going to hurt me (I need some tests done) and I'll miss DD and DH while I'm gone, esp since DH would've just gotten home but you get the idea!

Anyway.

God's Blessings to all of you!