Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never knew apple juice could taste SO GOOD!

I'm 2 days post op, and I just had a couple ounces of Apple Juice! Good grief it tasted GOOD! Better than when I craved it during pregnancy! I imagine every new drink and food will be like having it for the first time, and I can't wait! Although I'm not hungry at all, I am excited to be able to eat actual Soups, and make a smoothie after tomorrow!!

So glad to have made this decision! I think it will be one of the best decisions I've ever made!:thumbs_down:

Congratulations Ashley,

I am 16 days post op and feel great. I was able to sleep on my left side on day 5 and on my stomach on day 9. I had a quick 12 lb. loss the first 10 days but have not done anything since. I understand that's normal until your first fill. Cream of wheat, oatmeal and smoothies are now my new favorite things. They goes down really well and seem to stay with me and keep me feeling full.

Good luck to you, hope it all goes well.

Kim

Congrats :thumbs_down: and yes Apple juice tasted YUM to me too! I bought some after surgery cause it was so wonderful. Funny how the stuff in my fridge didn't taste as good as the stuff at the hospital <laughing>

Well, my doctor is more concerned with my stomach healing right now, rather than worrying about calories.

Yeah the apple juice is just a thing you get at the hospital when you haven't had anything in so long. So yes it taste dang good! But no it's not something that you continue with. I think Mommy.Armywife was just saying that after not having something for so long ANYTHING tasted good...it just happened to be apple juice

That is so funny, I think we were banded on the same day, July 8. I have taken a strong liking to white grape juice. It is amazing! Funny for the little favors. I was unable to have anything to eat or drink from Monday night at midnight until yesterday, Wed at noon. That makes me really appreciate my liquid diet today.

I don't feel much restriction on the liquids, do you? I mean, I don't feel hungry, but I don't feel really full either. So many people say they don't have an appetite, but I kinda feel as though I do. Not that I could eat a whole meal or anything...

I am kind of afraid to eat much (meaning on my full liquid diet). I did feel some hunger this afternoon, so I had a small snack. I don't think we will feel the restriction until our first fill.

Well, I ate maybe 2-3 ounces of Jello too quickly tonight. I felt like I ate enough for an ARMY! I'm supposed to start blended Soups and cream of wheat and such tomorrow, and I'm not sure I can!!

hi! i too have been surprised by how good things taste - things i never really even thought much of before - just ate but didn't really taste them!

i find this funny - my dr. has me on vaictiv Calcium chews. i've never had them before. they have GREAT flavors to pick from and they are SO GOOD! they are like a little piece of candy but they are allowed and are good for me! i truly savor each one (2 per day). i bite off tiny pieces and let them melt in my mouth. YUM!

my sister, who doesn't agree with the banding at all, thinks that is just sick that i can like a Vitamin chew so much. she just doesn't know what happens to taste buds during this process. they seem to come alive! and for me it doesn't take much to satisfy them (luckily!).

i was on the Optifast program for 5 weeks before surgery so i think that 'cleansed my taste buds'. who knows. enjoy these new sensations! i am! in tiny amounts..!:lol:

OMG! I don't think anything will ever taste as good as that apple juice after surgery did in the hospital. Although it was the first sweet thing in weeks...... but after a day of ice chips it was like heaven!!!

that is so funny... I thought the same thing. That was all I wanted to drink while in the hospital. The day I was discharged the dietician came in an asked me what I was drinking. She GASPED! and said 'oh no that has to much sugar ... you can't drink that' She came back later and said my doctor allowed the regular apple juice and not to worry. I was not worried... it tasted so good. :lol: