Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

one week post op no restriction

I don't feel any restriction I eat and just make my self stop so I don't streach my pouch. I kind of skipped the mushy food stage and I have had solid food I have not felt sick or any thing but should I go back to mushy food? I have only lost one pound in the last week Please people let me know what you went through the first few weeks.frown.gif

I don't feel any restriction I eat and just make my self stop so I don't streach my pouch. I kind of skipped the mushy food stage and I have had solid food I have not felt sick or any thing but should I go back to mushy food? I have only lost one pound in the last week Please people let me know what you went through the first few weeks.frown.gif

Friday was a week for me and I have lost about 10 LBS but I have not had any mushy foods nor have I had any solid food. I totally followed the guideline of eating (drinking) something every hour or as best as I could. Mushy food should not come until after I go to the doctor on the 10th. I also FEEL like I could eat with no problem but I think following what the tell you to do is best practice.......................I don't know if I have helped..........Good Luck!

The eating guidelines are there for a purpose.....not just to torment you!!

They are not designed to help you lose weight....they are designed to protect your surgery, to give you time to heal, to keep from ripping out the stitches with solid or rough food chunks. And, like many other things in life and many other things associated with this surgery, JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD!! You can do damage that you will not recognize until months later when your pouch is dilated or you have a slippage and you puke and hurt and have acid reflux and have to have your band replaced or have a revision.

But back to your question.....should you go back to mushies? YES!!!:biggrin: Or better yet, liquids.

Jcano,

I think you should go back to your prescribed diet. The diet is not setup based on how you feel when you eat, rather it is in place to help you heal properly so you won't have problems down the road.

I am almost a week out myself (surgery 07/01) and am struggling a bit as well. There were a couple days early on when I had complete crying breakdowns and didn't think I would be able to make it through. I don't feel restriction and am hungry a lot of the time too. The last 2 days has been better because I really upped my Protein in my food. I am in the mushy stage (doctors orders) and one thing that has helped a lot with the hunger is to grill or broil a piece of white chicken and then I put it in the food processor with chicken broth until it is mushy. I have about 2-3 ounces for lunch or dinner and I tell you what the difference in how I feel has been phenomenal. I feel more strength and am able to go the 2 hours between meals now. Plus, I tell myself it is "chicken salad" so it is pallatable

Remember no drinking 30 minutes prior or 30 minutes after you eat and when you eat take at least 30 minutes to eat. That is the hardest but it really does make a difference.

I hope you start feeling better soon and get back on your diet. You can do it! :biggrin:

The eating guidelines are there for a purpose.....not just to torment you!!

They are not designed to help you lose weight....they are designed to protect your surgery, to give you time to heal, to keep from ripping out the stitches with solid or rough food chunks. And, like many other things in life and many other things associated with this surgery, JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD!! You can do damage that you will not recognize until months later when your pouch is dilated or you have a slippage and you puke and hurt and have acid reflux and have to have your band replaced or have a revision.

But back to your question.....should you go back to mushies? YES!!!:biggrin: Or better yet, liquids.< /p>

You said it better than me! You should not be deterring from the guidelines set in place by the nutritionist!

Go back to the diet your doctor and nutritionist set for you. It's there for a reason. It is difficult to remain on liquids and mushies, but it's necessary and will help with your healing. Just keep telling yourself it's only for a few weeks.

I was on full liquids for 2 weeks, blended for 1 week and mushies for 1 week. Once you have a fill you'll feel restriction.

I was banded on June 26 th and am still on Clear Liquids and porteins shakes only, does it suck YES, do I have to do this because my surgeon told me to YES,they know best please do what they tell you to do

I had my surgery on June 20th. I have lost 20.8 lbs. and my doctor just put me on mushy foods last week. When he put me on mushy foods I stopped losing weight. I have 3 Protein Shakes a day or I have mushy foods during the day. Like mash potatoes, or yogurt. I am just wondering if I am eating the wrong mushy foods? Should I go back to just Protein shakes? My surgeon says do not worry about the weight just heal, but the guy who does the adjustments says to watch what I am eating. I am so confused right now. Can someone tell me what mushy foods they eat and how often?

I had my surgery on June 20th. I have lost 20.8 lbs. and my doctor just put me on mushy foods last week. When he put me on mushy foods I stopped losing weight. I have 3 Protein Shakes a day or I have mushy foods during the day. Like mash potatoes, or yogurt. I am just wondering if I am eating the wrong mushy foods? Should I go back to just Protein shakes? My surgeon says do not worry about the weight just heal, but the guy who does the adjustments says to watch what I am eating. I am so confused right now. Can someone tell me what mushy foods they eat and how often?

Your Protein Shake is not a Meal Replacement is it? I have not graduated to mushy foods but I do know that if it is a meal replacement protein shake it will have a lot more calories in it...................Just check and see how many calories are in the shake you are drinking.

Im not on the mushy stage yet but i was told when i get to that stage, that fish & Beans have lots of protein

Your Protein Shake is not a meal replacement is it? I have not graduated to mushy foods but I do know that if it is a meal replacement Protein shake it will have a lot more calories in it...................Just check and see how many calories are in the shake you are drinking.

That makes me nervous to be put on mushy foods! I have not been adding any protein into my diet right now because the kind I bought tastes terrible. I am getting it in a yogurt smoothie but that is not that much. The nurse says it is ok and not to worry about it. I go to the doctor for my first check up on Thursday the 10th of July. I think I have lost around 10 lbs. I guess I need to start exercising soon...Have you started doing anything?

They told me to not to start exercising yet. My Protein Shakes are powder from Body Fortress, whey Protein. 210 calories, 3.5 fat, 46 protein. I know this is the right shake. I try mash potatoes or yogurt and it just hurts my stomach. I am going to call the surgeon's office and ask if I am doing something wrong. I only have 6 oz. per shake three times a day. I was told no meat of any kind, no rice, Pasta or bread until after 4 weeks. I am at a stand still and I just want to do this right. I feel like when I eat mushy foods I might be stretching the band.

They told me to not to start exercising yet. My Protein Shakes are powder from Body Fortress, Whey Protein. 210 calories, 3.5 fat, 46 protein. I know this is the right shake. I try mash potatoes or yogurt and it just hurts my stomach. I am going to call the surgeon's office and ask if I am doing something wrong. I only have 6 oz. per shake three times a day. I was told no meat of any kind, no rice, Pasta or bread until after 4 weeks. I am at a stand still and I just want to do this right. I feel like when I eat mushy foods I might be stretching the band.

let me know if you don't mind.........................I am interested in what they have to say...........

For mushy ideas, I ate lots of homemade lentil Soup and refried Beans blended with chicken broth and a little melted cheese. It was high in Protein and very good.

I have been banded going on six months at the end of this month. If I have learned anything it is that you need to stick to your doctors suggested diet and follow bandster rules to find weight loss success.

Dont start eating solid food and skip stages. At one week out, eating solid food already and skipping stages, you are at risk of damage to your band down the road. It doesnt matter that you can do it without being too uncomfortable. It is a matter that your stomach needs to heal completely before you start making it work.

Not everyone loses weight at this stage. The focus has to be healing right now, and believe me, the weight loss will come if you follow your bandster rules and doctors orders.

Yes, you need to go back to mushies as prescribed. Please don't put your health at risk. It is not worth it when you only have a couple of weeks when you can start eating again with little risk. The band won't do you any good if you have a complication and lose it altogether down the road.