Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

waiting for approval!!!

Wonderful. Congratulations! I just started my 2 week preop diet today and boy am I hungry! Its ok, a small price to pay for a new life. Please keep us posted on how everything is going and what the rest of us should know! I like to know what I'm in for! :ohmy:

well guys, it has been 4 days since surgery and i am feeling pretty darn good! i still feel a lil gas in my upper stomach where my band is. the nurse said it was trapped air. a lil uncomfortable but no real pain. my stomach feels better everyday. i only used my pain meds 3x since coming home. but only to take the edge off. wasn't hurting alot. i am very shocked at how well everything is going(hope i didn't just jinx myself). i am having no problems getting in my full liquid diet. i keep expecting to but not as of yet. i am going walking this evening around mt trashmore with my sister who had gb 2months ago and is doing great too. i really wish everyone getting ready to have their sugery great success!! this site has truely been a great help and i have gotten alot of good advice. thanks to everyone here!! it really helped me to get a good idea of what to expect.:)

Banded August 5th.Surgery went well. dehydrated after, had to stay overnight for fluids. Very little soreness. Very little gas.Very little appetite. Each day get`s better.

Well guys, I am now 6wks out from surgery and have had my first fill 1wk ago. I am doing and felling great so far! The fill was a breeze!! I hope they all go that way. It really didn't hurt ! I was sooo surprised. And he got it on the first try! Yeay Dr Fontana! I was starving before my fill. My appetite had come back with a vengence. But since my fill I am very rarely hungry at all. It really does work! I have lost 26lbs as of last wed. I only weigh myself once a week. I don't want to get bogged down and obsessed with the scale. I am very happy with my decision thus far and do not regret it one bit. I hope all continues to go so well from here on out. I hope everyone is doing well in band land!!!! :embaressed_smile:

Banded August 5th.Surgery went well. dehydrated after, had to stay overnight for fluids. Very little soreness. Very little gas.Very little appetite. Each day get`s better.

congrats!!! one day after me!!! hope everything is still going well for u!!!!:embaressed_smile:

Hello everyone! I was just wondering how everyone is doing? I hope you all are ok! And everything is peachy! I am doing great so far at 2 1/2months out. I have had 2 fills so far and it is working for me. I have lost 41lbs including 13lbs from the pre-op diet. The fills really didn't hurt and I was so shocked. My Dr. got it on the first try both times. He doesn't use flouro, he feels for the port by pressing on my port area. I am not hungry hardly ever and I have restriction so far. Hopefully it will last and I won't need too many fills. I have been eating alot of fish(tilapia) and chicken. This really isn't as hard as I thought it would be. "so far". I wish everyone good luck and hope you are all ok and doing well! ttyl!!!:tongue_smilie:

well im doing ok but not so great....ive lost 26 pounds since my preop diet. so only 16 since my surgery on july 16th so 2 1/2 months out. I think because my doctors only gave me 2 fills at 1cc each so I dont have much restriction :eek: so I am sure my band will work I guess it will just work slooooooooooow :scared2: congrats on ur weight loss!!!!! :w00t:

Hello all im Tiffany ill be 22 oct.24 and im ready for a change my hubby a marine, im 250 BMI is 39.9 . i have tricare i made a appointment with my doctor to get a ref. frm him hopefully i get approval .. i made my appointment next week preyyyyy for me people..:tongue2::thumbup::biggrin::thumbup:

So hello everybody!! It has been a while since I have posted. I wanted to see how everyone was doing. I hope you all are doing well and having success. I have lost 78 lbs. as of today!! I am very happy with my journey so far. I have had a few times where my wt loss slowed down a little, but i had my 4th fill in feb and so far I think I have hit my sweet spot. I am at 6cc's. I really haven't had any problems and hope not to. I will say i feel my band more at 6cc's than I ever did before. I just feel more slight tightness. I always did but not as much as now. It doesn't hurt at all just a small amout of tight pressure. I am glad though cause it reminds me it's there. I know there are risks and complications that could happen even to make me have to have my band removed, but i do not regret my choice to have this surgery one little bit. I will deal with whatever happens as it comes. I am so much happier about myself and have much more self confidence and let's not even talk about the physical aspect. Physically I feel GREAT!!! I am able to run up the steps at my apt complex!! Never thought I would ever be able to do that. And I jog on the treadmill!!! So to anyone who is considering this surgery......Please think it through and make the best decision for you. And make sure you know the good and the bad. I can say to you, i recommend this to anyone who can't lose it on their own. It still takes work.....you CANNOT just eat whatever you want and expect to still lose. It is defintely a tool so use it properly and watch yourself change! Now don't think for one minute that I never eat the wrong foods or drink something I shouldn't but I maake sure I make the right choices 98% of the time. That is the only way to make this work. So good luck to you all and thanks again to all of the people who post here.....it really has helped me soooo much! :)