Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So maybe im a little OCD...

I am in my last month of my supervised diet, see the nutritionist next week, and am on my way to being banded (soon hopefully!). Previous to now, I have been busting my butt to get everything together for my insurance and for the hospital. Done that...I find myself just waiting and thinking.

Well, I was in the predicament of needing new contacts/glasses and I noticed that my eye insurance gives a discount for LASIK. I couldnt help but start to think about how lovely I would look if I was thin *and* didnt have to wear glasses or contacts.

Well, today one of my colleagues came into work with veneers on her teeth. Now I have been thinking about them for a while, but it made me really want them (because I would look so nice if I was thin, and didnt have to wear glasses, *and* had a perfectly straight white smile!).

Ive also been cruising some plastic surgery sites, even though im not banded yet, knowing that I will probably want at least a Tummy Tuck, if not more, when I have lost the weight.

My boyfriend is worried that I am becoming unhealthily obsessed with how I look (or will look), but im not sure. I feel like Im catching up on all the lack of attention I have paid to my body over the years, but am I being petty?? He also mentioned (hes a psychologist) that I may be trying to busy my mind with things I can control since, at the moment, I am in a holding pattern re: my band. Am I sick?? Have any of you done this??:confused2:

you are not sick, and if you are, so am i.

the minute i wrote the check for my lapband, i hired a trainer - took a healthy cooking class - GOT lasik & am in the process of getting veneers.

i thankfully don't "need" plastic surgery at the moment for any loose skin issues - but i'd like some eye work done in the future & won't hesitate to do so.

i spent my 20's & early 30's as a "road warrior" sales person. different city / different time zone - all i had time for was to "unpack a suitcase" on friday & replenish sunday evening. it's my time now & i plan on being SO selfish - to the annoyance of some...but DH just smiles along with me, knowing all the sacrifices i made in the past & appreciative i'm taking care of myself now.....

girl you are not sick, i have thought about the same many time. I have never know what it is like to be thin my adult life, and occasionally i think, how would i look if i was thing, had a Tummy Tuck, had my boobs done etc etc.....

its like im in my own lil fantasy world!! But my first goal is to shift the weight and see how i feel about my body afterwards. I suggest just take it one step at a time, once you have your new and improved body, see how you feel about PS afterwards

xx

Are you kidding? I think it's awesome that you're go into this that you're preparing ahead of time. You're gonna feel great and you know it.

I had lasix and it was not a vanity issue. I just added up how much money i'd be spending on glasses... I love not having to wear anything other than weak readers.

BTW, it's not ocd to want to look your best. If you can afford it, go for it.

first off..as a society on a whole arent we all concerned with our outward appearance? Seriously I mean even those peopl ewho say they dont care do..they care enough to say they dont care..

as for everything else, I believe its completely normal to think about all these improvements you could make..Id look darn good with 100 dollar bills sticking out of my pocket...we all need to dream..tell your boyfriend that at least youre not picturing ourself thin, without glasses, white teeth and a sexy new boy toy :thumbup: lol

I don't think there's anything wrong with you. The way I see it, if I am going to go through all the trouble and money to have the band, why would I still want to be unhappy with the way I look once I reach goal weigh? I don't see anything wrong with having a few more things done that needs to be done in order to be happy with my appearance. I plan on having Lipo to remove the cellulite from my legs that I don't lose, and I also want a boob lift. I think some people can go overboard though. Some people aren't going to be happy with their appearance no matter how much PS thay have. But I think for the majority of us that isn't the case.

I've been thinking about lasik for a couple of years. I pay off my car this December so 2009 sounds like a great time for new eyes! ;-)

Isn't it fun to play "What If???!!

I've had a curly perm every three months like clockwork since the 80's and when I had the surgery, I said "No More!" and now I'm poker straight--but I DID learn what a flat Iron is real quick!

Then, suddenly last week (I've been using blond hair coloring for years) I decided to go RED! And I did! :) BUT, it was so flaming orangy-red that I called my beautician immediately and put an ash brown on top of it--so now I have my God-given hair color back, reddish brown. (Blond in the morning, Redhead in the afternoon, and Brunette at night--am I an idiot???!!) And I'm debating where to go from here! :biggrin:

Had lasik, have fake fingernails, and would like to have my boobs pulled up into an area that gravity would have a hard time finding!

But first, teeth whitening!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Yes, I agree on the teeth whitening. I have braces, but as soon as they come off, I am getting them bleached!

personally Id like to pierce my belly button..course itd need to be visible first!!..nothing like having to roll back the fat so you could see it!