Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

I don't have a date yet but will be getting one on Friday!! I have asked the surgeon's office to speed me through the last steps because my insurance is changing in September and I would hate to have to start this process all over again! So far they are helping me out!

According to the coordinator, my date should be before the end of August! I have waited so long!

Good Luck to everyone that has recently and is about to have their surgery!

I am scheduled for surgery on the 25th in Melbourne, FL with Dr. Fusco. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow! Hopefully I will be able to get to the doctor's office. Tropical Storm Fay has left a lot of flooding in the area. But nothing will stand in the way of me trying to get to the appointment! :thumbup: I have spent the last 8 months doing what insurance wanted and then waiting for their approval. I am not going to get this close and let and T.S. cause chaos!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I was banded. It's the first day today I had no real pain. My port even felt better no pulling sensation. Still on liquids, progressing to cottage cheese and skim milk ricotta and pureed fruit tomorrow. Still on Protein drink....getting sick of that.

The first week is the hardest for me. I felt terrible. But it's worth it. I am able to walk better and sleep better, and feel really good about this now.

Shammrockgirl60. Good for you. I am almost at the 2 week mark. I still am a little sorry around my port site and bending is difficult. I can't wait to start puree foods. I am so sick of ISOPURE!!!! TasteS like soap to me. I have tried some Soups - that have been very tasty but I feel like I am starving - I am afraid when I get to regular foods I may gorge myself. I have lost some weight but I still feel a little bloated from surgery. Take Care

Jen you are doing so good! Are starting weight is just about the same and I'm only at 255....I can't believe you in the 40's already! And I got banded 5 days before you. Good for you!

I'm down 30 pounds since the pre-op diet, surgery was on the 11th. I think if I see another can of boost, I'll scream. Can't wait untill next Wednesday when I get my food plan for mushys.

Weeeeellllll Ladies (and gents) tomorrow marks one week that I was banded AND I AM FREAKIN' STARVING!! Two weeks before and this past week on liquids have just about done me in. I have taken little bites of stuff today and chewed chewed chewed and everything seems ok, no restrictions. I have pureed cooked carrots and potatoes with skim milk and drank (drunk??) it. Please remind me why I am going soooo slowly - applesauce OK yet? What else? If I puree anything enough so that it can be drunken?? would that be ok? How about runny oatmeal? ? Please give me suggestions and encouragement - I can't wait to chew something - ANYTHING!!!

I will be banded on the 27th of August? I am also on a 10 day pre-op diet. So far so good. Just trying to hang in there. :cursing:

I was banded on Aug 19 at about 1:30. I unexpectedly had to stay overnight, so I got home yesterday. I am sore, but slept really good last night. I'm not feeling hunger yet. My surgeon left about 3cc's in my band.

I am scheduled for surgery on the 25th in Melbourne, FL with Dr. Fusco. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow! Hopefully I will be able to get to the doctor's office. Tropical Storm Fay has left a lot of flooding in the area. But nothing will stand in the way of me trying to get to the appointment! :cursing: I have spent the last 8 months doing what insurance wanted and then waiting for their approval. I am not going to get this close and let and T.S. cause chaos!

Hi ya,

My surgery date is on the 25th too! AWSOME!! Hope Fay hasn't done too much damage in your area. How was your pre-op apt? What happened during it? My pre-op is tomorrow...I have NO IDEA what to expect! haha

Good luck w/ surgery on Monday. Keep me posted and we'll exchange notes! :wink2:

I WAS BANDED TODAY BY DR. PENNINGTON AT TRINITY HOSPITAL IN BIRMINGHAM. I AM ALREADY AT HOME RECOVERING FROM SURGERY...I FEEL FINE JUST COPING WITH THESE GAS PAINS. THANK GOD FOR PAIN MEDS....:cursing:

I WAS BANDED TODAY BY DR. PENNINGTON. HE IS SUCH A WONDERFUL DR. I AM HOME NOW RECOVERING...WOULDN'T BE BAD AT ALL IF IT WASN'T FOR THESE GAS PAINS...THANK GOD FOR PAIN MEDS.... CAN ANYONE TELL ME BESIDES WALKING AND THE MEDS WHAT IS GOOD FOR THESE PAINS? :cursing:

Congrats Marie!! i saw my preop nurse today and she says the best thing for the gas pains is to walk and move around and manage the pain with the pain killers! The more you move the more the gas bubble is broken up and reabsorbed but you have to make sure you don't overdo it. Hope it clears out soon!

Hi ya,

My surgery date is on the 25th too! AWSOME!! Hope Fay hasn't done too much damage in your area. How was your pre-op apt? What happened during it? My pre-op is tomorrow...I have NO IDEA what to expect! haha

Good luck w/ surgery on Monday. Keep me posted and we'll exchange notes! :wink:

I will find out what the pre-op with the surgeon is like today. My appointment was cancelled due to Fay. The storm left a lot of flooding. I was told yesterday not to worry, my surgery would not be cancelled. So that made me feel a lot better.

I am getting nerveous about my surgery. I have never been under expect for oral surgery. So as Monday approaches, I can feel the nerves more and more.

I started the liquid liver reduction diet today. I want to eat Breakfast, but I just had some Jello and Water. It is a good thing I will be out of the house today. I won't feel tempted.

We will have to keep in touch and support each other. See how everything goes on Monday! GOOD LUCK! :wink2:

Slimteacher, my surgery was the first time I had ever been under anesthesia, aside from some gas for a wisdom tooth extraction. I didn't have any ill effects from it at all. I pray the same for you!