Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

hi everyone,

i am getting banded august 25 th by dr ortiz in mexico. I am a little scared about it and if anyone has a band done by dr ortiz please reply and let me know how you are doing. And what to expect. I started the protien shakes 2 times aday and a lean cusine its going ok..

I am getting banded August 21st. My doctor is Dr. Pennington at Trinity Hospital (Montclair) here in Alabama. Wow its finally starting to sink in. Looking forward to losing with all of you...

I was banded on Aug 11th. I arrived at the hospital at 7am and my surgery was at 9.30. My room was fantastic, huge with own bathroom, flat screen tv and dressing table. Looked like a hotel room. I got changed into my gown at 9.15 and walked into the operating theatre. i got on the bed, had some oxygen while they put the cannula in my hand. I was feeling a little nervous but i just made myself not think about what was going on. Then i went to sleep. I woke up in recovery and i was in pain. My left hand side of my chest was killign me. I had to ask to lie down flatter in my bed and i was given some Tramadol through mu IV. This made me instantly sick, although all that came out of me was gas, ive never burped so much!!!

I was back in my room by 12.30pm and the pain was quite manageable. I rang my fiance to tell him i was ok and then dosed all afternoon and watched tv. At 4pm the nurse (who was fantasic i might add) came to help me get up and cleaned me up and got me into mu pyjamas. I was feeling very sick after about 5 mins so sat on the toilet holding a sick bowl while she put a cold flannel on my had. I did many more belches and i felt fine again. Wandered round a bit more and passed some more gas! At 6pm i had some paracetomol via IV and some antibiotics, and half a cup of coffee and some broth.Got up and down a few times and the only pain was from the gas, my shoulder also hurt intermittently. that night i struggled to sleep due to gas and had some liquid codine which knocked me out for a few hours. Woke up at 6am and watched some more of the olympics. Still had major gas pains so had more codine and dosed till 8am. Then the nurse prepared all my discharge meds etc and i left the hospital after being given all clear from surgeon. I was home by 10.30am Ive been tired and sore. My chest feels really tight under my boobs and its difficult to take deep breaths, i'm guessing thats due to the swelling.

I'm now having a small glass of yoghurt drink for Breakfast, Apple and custard purree for lunch and purree Soup for my tea. Only a few spoons and i feel full so i wait a few mins and ten have a little more until the urge to eat is just gone.

I did take some tramadol at home as i had gas pains and wanted to sleep but it made me really sick again, i was heaving and burbing over the sink and the pain was immense so i've not bothered with any pain meds for 2 days now, really dont need them. I've been driving and went for a walk to the shops with my daughter and i'm doing really well. So so glad i had this surgery!!!!

Good luck to everyone else!

Tomorrows my big day - leaving for Toronto tonight as

I have to be at clinic tomorrow at 7:15, operated on an hour later. I have been really edgey and teary the last couple of days. I too am wondering if I really am so out of control with my eating, but I know I am doing the right thing. I guess last minute nerves seem to be the norm so....here I go. Luck to everyone today and yomorrow - will check in with my experience in a couple days.

Today is my surgery day! I have to be there in about 2 more hours. I am SO ready.

sam2003,

Thanks so much for the details of your surgery day. It kind of gave me an insite as to what will happen although I know things are not the same for everyone.

I will be checking in as soon as I can.

Good Luck Dixie!

I just love this website and the wonderful WONDERFUL support and love that we all share. :)

Having you to listen to and share with is amazing. As I head into my final week of waiting, it is so great to see everyone's anticipation, excitement and experiences. My DH and I fly to SanDiego on Tuesday with the surgery on Wednesday next week - no real nerves yet, just that eager feeling of "let's getter done!!". Can't wait! :biggrin:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD, AND IS HAVING, THEIR "BIG DAY" THIS WEEK!!!! Prayers goin' up for all of you!!

Take care...:biggrin2:

Stace

Sam -congrats on your new Band! I'm glad everything went well.

Dixie -Good Luck tomorrow!

Paula -Were thinking of your, can't wait to here how it went!

Vegas! Today's your big day too!

I'm feeling so much better, I almost back to normal! We have weigh in tomorrow!

Hi All!!

I had my surgery on Monday and everything went fine.

I went into prep around 11:45a, and some on the last things I remember was the anesthesiologist putting the feel good meds in my IV and them telling me to move over to the operating table. The next thing I know I was in recovery.

Right now I’m dealing with gas and back pains. I'm so proud of myself today..i ate 3.5oz of baby food!!!!:tongue_smilie:

Again..thank you for the prayers and support!! I appreciate it all.

Tomorrow is the big day. I am a little scared. Keep wondering if this is really where I am. Am I so far gone that I have to have surgery to lose weight, have I really lost all control to be able to lose this myself? But I know the answer to that. Yes I have.

My ride to the hospital was supposed to be my mom, she got called out of state for a family emergency, then dad was supposed to take me, but he is having issues now too, so now its my brother, I wish I could just drive myself.

There is so much drama in my life right now. I wish I could go into this surgery without all this added stress.

Wish me luck guys. 10am MST (PDT) Friday:unsure:

Am brand new to this web site and dont know how all this works. I was banded 8-5. Physically I am feeling okay now that the horrible gas pains have passed but am still an emotional train wreck. I have yet to get a "full feeling" after eating.

I was told once that if you over eat with the band you will vomit because you can't stretch your pouch. Is this correct?

If someone would be so kind as to give me guidance with the website and share their eating experiences I would be very greatful.

Thanks again.:rolleyes: