Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I have a 10cc band with 6.5 cc in it. This is the second day after my fill and I do have some restriction; but I can still eat more than 1 cup at a time. I did loss another pound and I feel satisfied after I eat. It has been 7 weeks since surgery and I have lost 26 pounds. Since I started at 199, I was surprised how fast it is coming off. I am exercising and getting about 60-70 gram of protien in daily. I think the protien is KEY!!! i haven't eaten anything I should have eaten. But that doesn mean I don't think about it!!

My all time weakness is ice cream; I just plain can't have it in the house.

It is amazing how different the levels of fill are and how different we all react to the different levels.

My next fill is scheduled for 10/16. I know I will need it.

My next fill is in 3 to 4wks I don't know if i'll need it yet or not but the fill center said i probaly(sp) will. I'm so excited i'm down 4lbs this morning. I weigh on sat. but couldn't resist this morning, I know it's because of the 2 days of liquids after my fill but i'm happy :thumbup: and i'll take it.

I feel like I'm missing out on all the fill excitement. My doc is so conservative. I'm not due for my first fill until next week. I'm anxiously waiting as I can eat just about anything and it's getting harder to "be good"!

Conservative? I was banded not long after you were, and don't get a fill until October2! Today I was finally cleared to start solid foods. I get to chew!!!!!

On a happier note, I got to see the photographs taken during my surgery, and my liver was absolutely beautiful, and very small and out of the way. Now I feel better about those two weeks of Optifast hell.

I had a great talk with the dietician about how to maximize veggies and Fiber while eating limited amounts of food. I'm feeling pretty excited, because as far as I'm concerned, my journey really starts again NOW! The surgery and healing period were a rude interruption of my diet. LOL Really, that's how my brain feels. I was feeling so good before the Optifast/surgery/liquids/mushies. Now I can get back to business, and I know I will feel better now that I can have more of my veggies. :crying:

Orea

Really, I think the more conservative the doc, the better because by the time you get a fill, you are good and healed with less chance of complications.

Although I have been itching for a fill, I am glad he made me wait (I get it Sept 8th).

Actually, I agree with you. I don't want a prolapse in my future, so I'll try to be patient with the process. I have developed a real appreciation for solid food!

Orea,

I have to say you are doing absolutely wonderful sticking to the diet your doctor gave you! You are doing so well on your weight loss journey! You are an inspiration!:P

On another note I have a question for everyone:

I just received my second fill on Wednesday. I now have 5cc's in a 10cc band. I feel more restriction than before, and I still have never experienced anything coming back up but I have been having terrible pain in my left shoulder. When I talked to the Dr.'s office, they said it was just gas pains and to take gas-x. Has anyone else had this experience? I had some pain in my left shoulder after surgery, but not after my first fill. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this?:lovechoc:

The good news is when I was weighed on Wednesday, I have lost my first 25 lbs! That was very exciting, I have not been this "small" in years! :scared2:

Orea,

I have to say you are doing absolutely wonderful sticking to the diet your doctor gave you! You are doing so well on your weight loss journey! You are an inspiration!:P

On another note I have a question for everyone:

I just received my second fill on Wednesday. I now have 5cc's in a 10cc band. I feel more restriction than before, and I still have never experienced anything coming back up but I have been having terrible pain in my left shoulder. When I talked to the Dr.'s office, they said it was just gas pains and to take gas-x. Has anyone else had this experience? I had some pain in my left shoulder after surgery, but not after my first fill. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this?:lovechoc:

The good news is when I was weighed on Wednesday, I have lost my first 25 lbs! That was very exciting, I have not been this "small" in years! :scared2:

hi newmama....(this is my first post.) it just so happens that i asked my pcp about the left shoulder pain today. i told her that i don't get a full feeling...just a dull pain in my left shoulder. she said that made sense bc that's where your vagus nerve runs and when it's irritated you will feel it there. it also happens to be part of the reason people feel left shoulder and arm pain when they have a heart attack.

hope it helps!

it seems i hit the hungry wall today and it hit me right back! i have absolutely no restriction and magically managed to eat 5ounces of fish and about 3 ounces of salad in the course of 50 minutes and never got full. at all! i was banded on 7-28-08....no fill til 9-16(waiting is just like a little bit of torture) and have actually lost 20 lbsfrom the 2 week liquid diet til now. was anyone that hungry before their first fill?

:lovechoc:

Welcome Toochic72 and congratulations on your progress so far!

Yes I was hungry before my first fill (and second one!) I actually ate a grilled chicken sandwich last week (bread & all) before my fill! :P I have not had any breads since June! Anyway, this is how I knew I was ready for a fill.

Thank you very much for your reply, I did not realize it was the vagus nerve that created this pain. I feel better knowing this pain is ok, I just hope it will go away soon. The great thing is after my fill on Wed, I ahve not really been hungry at all. :lovechoc:

Sunday weigh-in........... survey says....... 333lbs! Down 5 pounds this week! ok ok ok so I guess It's because of the liquid diet after the fill on tuesday. But as far as restriction? Minor if any. It's ok though. 5 weeks till my next fill. Hope you all are doing well, I didn't get an email telling me there was new posts, so I had a lot to read! Bye

wow. congrats to you all.. I was banded July 16 (will anyone ever forget their day!) and cannot get a fill till sept 11, as Dr. Woodhead on holidays... so... had lost 15 on post surgery diet and now gained 4 as I can eat anything..... no restriction.... and lots of hunger lately.... very hard to controllll as it has been so long since I even tasted so many things.... so... each day is a new day to try... I am so excited for those of you who have had one and two fills and are so far down the road..... my day will come....Love, Kathy

I know I only pop in once and awhile but I realy need to vent with people who know how I feel...

I am so mad at my father!:) words cant even discribe how spitting mad I am. I told my parents that I was having this surgery and asked them not to tell my family. This was for personal reasons and in my own time I would decied who I would tell. (my own filtering system) Both sides of my family are for the most part big. There are a few exceptions. Anyways my mother tell my aunt, her sister, who corners me at a picnic before my surgery. She wants me to talk her son out of gastric by pass and into the band. I yell at mom after this, and she tells my dad not to tell anyone on his side of the family. He yells back at both of us that he wont tell anyone. Mom then makes it clear to her sister tell no one, this is of course after she told her daughter.

So I call my mom this morning and she tells me that dad told my cousin Dawn on my dads side of the family and her brothers girlfriend Teri, a.k.a the town cryer, she has nothing nice to say about my cousins family let alone my family. I hate this woman! Dawn I have no problem with, I would have told her when I saw her but teri....

I think I'm mad because I'm not there to defend myself and my decision. My family is all in NY and I'm in CT. The mear thought of them having a field day talking about me has sent me threw the roof. There was a handful of people that I just didnt want to know. One being my fathers sister who shot my mom down real bad when she told her she was thinking about having the band done. (my aunt has lost 70 pound the "right way" and sees no reason why family members cant do the same.) I know its going to get to my aunt. I dont even what to go home for the holidays! Great, someone else to corner me! I dont like confrontion!

I know I shouldnt let people talking about me bother me but it does. Again, I cant defend my decision and I know I dont have to but with my family I need to.

Thank you for lisioning, Tina

Conservative? I was banded not long after you were, and don't get a fill until October2! Today I was finally cleared to start solid foods. I get to chew!!!!!

orea, I was banded on July 21st, this week was the first time I got to eat real food. I feel your pain:biggrin: I was also excited to chew!

My first fill is Sept 17th. wow you have to wait until oct. God bless you!

Tina

lyllynkr - have you ever tried making Protein ice cream? There are several recipes on "the world according to egg face" theworldaccordingtoeggface

I think she has an ice cream flavor for every occasion, as well as several other great recipes,too. I've tried a few flavors of her ice cream and they are pretty good, just not as creamy as the store bought stuff, but much better for us. Hope you enjoy them.

Edited by freedom0702