Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

hope all who are in the path of gustov or hannah are safe!! just got a bit windy w/some rain (i'm south of DFW) here & can actually use it.

congrats to all that the scale was nice to:tongue::), i found mine hidden in the garage by DH yesterday & i've got to get back to eating better.

up 3.5lbs & just need run more - eat less.

had a training session this AM, and my long wkend took it's toll on me -which i knew it would:

30min interval running - run 5min / walk 30sec ... so on. outside of course....can't wait for fall weather!!!

30min upper body weight training. mostly back & shoulders

on a good note today was my 45 day measurments: down 9 inches & lost 4% body fat. though the scale is evil; i'm noticing the inches - the warpped thinking i had, let me eat more - and the scale showed.

so the Snacks are gone, along w/family & i can now eat better:tongue2:..i have a "bet" w/my trainer in 4wks to drop another 5% body fat; pretty motivated now & need that - just in time for the 5k.

lulu

Lynn update and more thought provoking questions:

I received my first fill today under floroscope. Had to do the barrium swallow test. Being the medical professional that I am; ...... I passed out! I gives it was anxiety. It didn't hurt, I think my breathing was off. Anyway, I survived! My physician instilled plenty of saline. I now have 6.5 ccs.

I weighted in at 175 (dressed!) I weighed 174 at home; whatever!!

Now for the thought provoking question. Whe I went to my foot doctor regarding my toe issue (bursitis) he gave me a stretching exercise. Anyway, when I run, I land on the ball of my foot. Did you know you are suppose to land on your upper heel to mid foot; not the ball? Apparently sprinters landon the ball and distance runner should land on the heel to mid foot. HUH!!!! I had no idea.

Where does your foot first strike the ground????

Where does your foot first strike the ground????

must be a prancer - i land on my toes; all the time. must be the reason they're splitting. the bulk of my weight hits the front of the foot while running.

I land on my heels. I ran distances in school and my coach drilled that in my head. It is natural now. Thanks Coach Beane.

I didn't have a great day running today. I attempted my week 10 run twice. The first time I went for 25 minutes. Then I ran again tonight for 28.5 minutes. Ok, so I didn't run for 35 straight minutes but I did log 53.5 minutes of running, so I guess that's really not such a bad day. I bumped my time up to 5.2 running, trying to get closer to 5K in the 35 minutes. That is not a big increase in speed, but I think it made it too difficult tonight.

I talked to my doctor today about PS......I have 18 pounds of fat to lose before ps. She recommended that I eat strict low carb. The only exception is eating good carbs (oatmeal, Kashi Cereal, low fat milk) prior to and after exercise. She suggested that I cut out fruit and processed foods all together. This is not forever,but just because I want to get these 18 pounds of fat off in the next 6 weeks. I am going to follow my eating and exercise regimen to a tee. DH is going to take a week off to be home with me. Looking at his work schedule, looks like we might try to schedule it October 24 (my bandiversary)! How cool is that. I have to see if my surgeon is available that day. She is going to put in a low profile port as well, since I have a "flippin" port. I am pretty pumped.

Thanks Renewed, i tired to run heels first today. That is going to help my toe, but it takes a lot of geting use to.

Tell me about a theigh lift.

I will have an extended Tummy Tuck and medial thigh lift. For the thigh lift she will make an incision from my groin down my inner thigh to about 2-3 inched above my knee. Sometimes they go all the way to the knee, but my loose skin doesn't go that far. She will remove the skin on my inner thighs. "The girls" are going to need some attention too, but I am saving that for another time. I'll let my breast lift be my "final touch". Seriously, the skin on my inner thighs and my stomach are the worst. If I am brave enough I will post a preop pic in a bikini. I may wait until I'm post op to show them. I judt am not sure yet about showing the more unattractive parts of me on the internet.

Anyway, I will be in the hospital overnight, and have 4 - 6 weeks of recovery with 3 or 4 drains in the beginning. They say it is a pretty tough surgery but well worth it.

Welcome Sass. Get ready!! The c25K is lifechanging (in a good way). I am doing things now that I only dreamed of doing a few short months ago. Can't wait to here your progress!!

Welcome Sass! I ditto what Renewed said. This program is wonderful!

Lyn, I land on my heels too. I never really thought about running the "correct" way, lol. Landing on my heels is what feels natural to me. Hope your toes get better.

Renewed~ How exciting! What a great bandiversary gift!!

I weighed this morning and I am down another 3 lbs! Whoooo hooooo!! Feels good to see the scales moving again. That puts me past the halfway mark! I did my run last night and messed up. I am eating low carb again and I didn't eat any carbs before my run and I literally "ran" out of fuel on the last 5 minute interval. Only did 2.5 minutes. My energy just wasn't there. Plus, I decreased my walking time in between running again and actually did it the way I was supposed to. I'll give it another try Thursday and see what happens.

I won't be on the website as much for the next few days. We are in the process of moving so I will be really busy trying to get everything packed and moved. Everyone is doing great!! Keep up the good work!!

Edited by georgia girl

Sass... welcome! This is a very supportive thread and the C25k is wonderful!

Georgia... good luck in the move... yuck! I bet you'll notice that you have lots of energy to get the move done! Don't worry about not completing your run... you just didn't have it in you... literally! Congrats on the weight loss too... you're over the hump, now its all downhill from here!

Renewed... Your surgery is getting so close! Do you have a 5k scheduled prior to the surgery, because it would be great to accomplish that before all of your down time! How are you doing this week without the kids? Are they adjusting well?

Ok, question time... Can someone following a low carb plan share with me what they eat typically in a day? I can't imagine it with the band as I have the most difficulty with meat.< /p>

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll need to kick me in my rear! I haven't ran since last Thursday. Yes I walked A LOT, well and ran a little on Saturday. I had a rough night last night with DD - I'm at the end of my rope with my eldest child. I'm ready to tear my hair out and have to walk away from her because she makes me so mad. I've never had much of a temper, but lately OMG.

I haven't been to the gym any this week. I am going to start week 3 over (I had moved up to week). Should I go back another week since I've been dorment so long? I'm not sure what to do.

Georgia... good luck in the move... yuck! I bet you'll notice that you have lots of energy to get the move done! Don't worry about not completing your run... you just didn't have it in you... literally! Congrats on the weight loss too... you're over the hump, now its all downhill from here!

Ok, question time... Can someone following a low carb plan share with me what they eat typically in a day? I can't imagine it with the band as I have the most difficulty with meat.< /p>

Thanks Kathy! It feels soooo good to be losing again.

I haven't been doing Atkins induction or anything, just keeping my carbs really low. I usually have a low carb slim fast for Breakfast, a couple of slices of bacon and maybe a scrambled egg (if it will go down, lol) for lunch, and last night I had Mexican meatballs that I made in the crockpot. I am going to start adding in oatmeal before my runs. Sometimes I have half of a low carb tortilla wrap for snack. I make it with spinach dip instead of mayo, a thin slice deli meat, and sometimes a slice of cheese.

If you like yogurt, get the greek yogurt. It has way fewer carbs and is full of Protein. It's a bit tangy in taste if you buy the plain. I like the Oikos Blueberry greek yogurt.

I think I am just one of those people who need to eat low carb to lose weight. Low carb diets are the only diets I have ever had success with. When I first got banded, I did low carb and the weight came off really fast. About 4 or 5 months ago I stopped low carbing and I had barely lost anything to speak of. If I can hang in there and do low carb until I reach my goal, I will modify my diet and start having more carbs. Since I am running, I think maintenance will be breeze.

Leslie~ you could try week 3 and see how it goes. If you don't think you're ready for it, you can go back another week. I know how you feel. When I was out so long with my knee, it was rough. I am just now feeling like I am getting back in the groove. It's amazing how even missing just one day effects me.

You can do this!! Get back on it and let's kick butt when we run that 5k in November!!

Kathy, I am actually planning to run a 5K this weekend, and then another on September 20. This weekends is kinda a "test run" for the one in September. It is a Cancer Benefit. A friend of mine and I plan to run it together.

Leslie, GET UP AND GO RUN TODAY!!! Ok, there's your kick in the butt. It is amazing how much stress and frustration you release by running. You will feel so much better. I say start with week 3. You can do it!!

Kathy, we are doing well. I still miss the kids, but have checked on them and they are doing fine. Our social worker said that they talk about us a lot, but it is in a healthy way. We went to our land and rode 4 wheelers this weekend. I was very nice to be able to get out a bit more easily.

Low carb......Well, I have done low carb on and off since being banded (and before for that matter). I can eat meat pretty well, especially since getting a slight unfill. A typical day....

Breakfast - low carb shake or sausage and egg (depending on how tight I am)

lunch - tuna salad

Supper - baked tilapia, steamed vegetables

Kashi Go Lean cereal with skim milk prior to my exercise.

Snacks....Cheese, raw okra (I know, it's gross, but I love it), Peanut Butter, or edemame.

I lOVE fruit. berries are the best to eat when low carbing. I love strawberries. Usually I have strawberries with cream (sweetened with Splenda) with supper, but my doctor is having me cut out all fruit to lose this last 18 pounds. I can' wait to add my strawberries back.

I am a big fan of low carb, but I just have a hard time doing it well for long periods of time, so I usually do it as long as I can stand it and then add some carbs. Inevitably I always go back to low carb.

Ok Leslie... while I'm kicking your butt, I'll swing back really fast to kick my own too! LOL. I haven't run since Fri (I think??). I've gotten off track myself. I did keep busy on the long weekend, but didn't run. I planned to yesterday, but let it slide. So now I'm going to!

My DH is home sick today. He had a chest x-ray and they found bronchitis, so he's got some antibiotics and an inhaler. Hopefully that will give him some relief. He's been coughing so loudly it scares me! So he's now in the bedroom napping, so I'm going to go do my run.

My energy level seems to be coming back now that I've been taking the Iron. Its been a week on the supplements, and all seems to be relatively ok now. I took the advice of my nutritionist and am swallowing the iron in a spoon of yogurt. That seems to stop the repeating! Thank goodness... that was aweful!

Thanks for the low carb suggestions Georgia and Renewed! I think I might give it a try soon. I feel like I need to boost my weight loss speed. I need that positive reinforcement!