Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Congratulations Sugar!!!!!!!!! I'm so freakin proud of you :-)

I CAN RUN!!!!I saw my doctor today and she removed my last 2 staples. I can resume presurgery activities, carefully, and I CAN RUN!!!!! I no longer have to wear the binder, but I still have to wear the compression garment for 2 to 4 more weeks. I go back to see her in 3 months and she will fix the little pooch on my left hip in the office. Not a big deal.

So....I guess I am officially released from the doctor!! Wow, after only 4 weeks. I am very excited. Now its time to get busy with my exercise again so that I can get to goal and stay there.

DH and I are going on a shopping date on Saturday. I don't have any clothes to wear. he has never cared about picking out clothes for me, but he is pretty excited. I am VERY excited.

Ok, I am putting my Nike+ thing in my ipod and I am off to run!! I think I am going to start the couch to 5k over again just to get me started. I know I need to start slow and that will pace me. I probably won't do a week on each level, but that is my starting place. WOOHOO!!!! I am soooo excited.

Oh, I also got another fill today because i can eat a house. Maybe now I will just eat a small shed!! LOL

I will check back in after my run!!

Renewed - Great news!!!!! I am so excited for you. I know you have felt like you were in a prison being so restricted. Redoing C25K might be a good idea. That will help you gauge where you need to be without overdoing it. Happy Running!!!

Thanks Sugar. If felt SOOOO good to run, and it was SOOO hard!!! I couldn't hang with the c25k. I just need my music. I did intervals. I think the longest I ran without walking was 8 minutes. Anyway, here are my nike+ numbers. I ran 2.54 miles in 30 minutes with an average mile of 11'50". Not bad for a first day back at it. I am pretty proud of this tired body of mine. It was really cool to run without my belly flopping!!

Whoooo Hooooo Renewed!! I'm sooooo happy for you! You are awesome!!

As for me, I gotta get my butt back in gear. I've only ran one time in a week. I'm doing another 5K on December 6th, so I gotta get busy. I am definitely going to run tomorrow.

Renewed, your post has inspired me. Keep up the good work!

Congrats on 100# lost, and renewed, congrats on surgery recovery and running again!

You all have come an amazingly long way--I've been scanning back through this thread lately. :)

Question for you all--did you find that you got REALLY hungry when you started running? I've got the munchies like crazy, and pretty much just on the days I run. I don't think it's a fill issue because my small servings take care of the physical hunger part, and I'm borderline tighter than I like to be. But man, there's a difference on the days I run!

I did week 4 day 2, but accidentally hit the emergency stop button with my hand during my first 5 min run on the treadmill. Ack. Oh well, I finished it up anyway. I can already tell a huge difference in my body in just a month or so of this!

I am more hungry on the days I run. Makes sense because you are burning more calories. I just got through eating a little taco Soup because I was so hungry tonight. I got a fill today so I was wondering why I am so stinkin hungry. Well, I started back running today. Just be sure that what you put in your mouth is healthy and the extra hunger won't hurt you a bit!!

Sugar... :drool::tt1::party::w00t:

In case you missed hearing my hoot and holler of CONGRATULATIONS!!!! all the way from Canada! WTG! I'm so happy for you. Alas... my scale still alludes me! I'm still sitting at 200. Gerrrr! Maybe tomorrow.

Renewed... Good for you. I bet running felt totally different without the extra flap! You have healed up so fast and so well! Now you get to kick Whosya's butt!

I feel pretty good about my running this week. I've run Sat, Mon, Wed and plan to run today too. So if I can keep at it every 2nd day, I'm happy with that.

I had to leave work early to pick up my sick DD, so I'm home early. Work has been great. Way busy and challenging, and good people. So it was the right door opening for me.

Well, I went to gym today and I feel great. I did my first *real* run in almost two weeks. I've done a little running outside a few times, but nothing to speak of. I ran for 20 minutes and did the Stair Master. Also did some upper body work. Anyway, glad to be back on track!!

Kathy, it's good to hear from you. I sure do miss chatting with you during the day. Sorry your DD is sick. Hope she feels better soon.

Are you still liking your new job?

Kathy - I am cheering you on for Onderland tomorrow.

Just got home, I am on my way out again. I am off to go shopping at Winston-Salem, NC with a group of girls from church. I hope to treat myself to something nice for meeting my 100 pound mark.

Have a great weekend everybody.