Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any low bmi's who talk often?

I was banded on 06/26/2008 so it's been a week tomorrow. I weighed 200 @ 5'2", co-morbitidities of (barely) high blood pressure and sleep apnea.

I am sore, tired, but optimistic.

Hi I am about a 36 BMI and am getting banded on July 9th. I have about 100 lbs. to loose. I am hoping to find some people to chat with while we go through this together. Good luck and I will check back to see if we can get some more to hook up with us.

I was banded on Monday 6/30. Was feeling pretty sore, but starting to move around a little better. That gas pain was the worse for me.

Still not feeling like taking anything in at this time, but I have been forcing myself to get in some kind of nutrition.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Good luck on July 9th Rondidq2. That is when I have my post-op appt and it is also my 40th bday. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Hey everyone! For the past couple years my BMI was in the high 30s, and was 39 when I started researching back in September. After the holidays, I put on some weight without trying and was 41 ish at surgery. Now my BMI is lower than it was in highschool, I'm so excited!

I'm being banded in Belguim next week.. with a BMI 33.5 ..

If I loose 60-70 lbs I'll be thrilled.. At 44 ,wieght only seems to go on .. Am a stone heavier than I was this time last year.. was an obese child

182lbs age 13.. only lost some of that later due to 'substance miss-use'..which off ,corse didnt stay off.. Back in England on the 13th.. Will let you know how I get on..

I haven't posted lately but I read this site every night. I am excited and nervous July 16th will be here before you know it.

I had a personal trainer tell me once that if you take in too FEW calories you body wll hold on to the calories and slow you weight loss. Like everything eles in life it is about balance. (easier said than done) I agree that we all have to learn our new body's requirements to losing the fat.

When you exercise, what are you all doing? I use to exercise everyday. I have to admit; I haven't gotten back into the groove yet. As I write this I am getting motivated to start my walk/run routine today. I will let you all know how I did later today.

Now to my eating habits as of late! I am trying to avoid the farewell to food tour. But I have to admit, I haven't been as diligent as I thought I would be at this stage. I do not have to do a two week liquid diet before sugery, but I almost wish my doctor would have told me to do it. I am not focused. I have been trying to low carb it, I have have been drinking Protein drinks, I have been trying low fat, and I have been on my farewell to food tour. YIKE!! TOO MUCH. I guess I need to pick a plan and stick with it.

OK, here is what I have come up as I type my random thoughts: I will beging my daily walk/run routine. I will eat vegtable, fruit, chicken and fish in apropriate quanities for the next 5 days and then go on a self imposed liquid diet. What do you think? ( I am an extrovert and do my thinking out loud) Thanks for listening to my brain ramblings and providing any feedback. Lynn:drool:

I'm still on the 'goodbye tour' realy... thought I'd stop all alchol for a month from tommorrow.. cut out the cigs from Sunday to Sunday (wear Patches at least.. I know I can, so I will) and just cut out all carbs from Saturday (which is tommorrow.. so I guess that piece of toast I just had will be my last for a while) :thumbup:

OK, after my last post this AM, I laced up the old running shoes strapped on the Pulsar meter and hit side walk. 6 months ago I could walk 1 mile and run 2 miles. Today I walked most of the 3 miles; but at least I did it. I did pretty good on the food (could have done better) tomorrow is another day.

How did you all do today?

I have a BMI around 35. I will be meeting with the surgeon this week and will find out if my insurance will pay for my surgery. My insurance is TRICARE and the requirements are to be 100 lbs over weight with one comorbidity (I have HTN and sleep Apnea)..I am about 95 lbs over. I have been trying to gain weight this week so there won't be a problem...and I have LOST 3 lbs!!!

Anyway, I am hoping I can get this done soon. Good luck to you all!

:thumbup:

I have a BMI around 35. I will be meeting with the surgeon this week and will find out if my insurance will pay for my surgery. My insurance is TRICARE and the requirements are to be 100 lbs over weight with one comorbidity (I have HTN and sleep Apnea)..I am about 95 lbs over. I have been trying to gain weight this week so there won't be a problem...and I have LOST 3 lbs!!!

Anyway, I am hoping I can get this done soon. Good luck to you all!

:thumbup:

Hey JWRN

I have to do a sleep study also, is it done at home or in the hospital?

That is done in the hospital.