Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing Weight

thank you so mucH! but what can i eat every 3-4 hours with out over doing the cal & fat ? the doc said if not hungry dont eat and no snacking ,geeez us im burnt at the brain. but thanks you was a big help

Mzreeda,

My meals are always small. I of course take into account how much protein/calories I take into at the end of the day. I found that if I plan my meals/calories and split up my meals throughout the day, I have a better handle of my calorie/protein intake. For example, My Breakfast maybe eaten into 2 meals, my lunch into 2 meals and and my dinner into 2 meals(rarely though) -if I eat these small meals throughout the day it's very rare that I need to eat a 6th meal. Sometimes I will eat a sf or ff/low carb/no calorie dessert. My breakfast is usually between 250-300 calories/5-7grams of carb/12-20grams of protein/I eat at 7a and then take the rest to work and eat at 9/10a. Same thing for lunch. So even though i am eating more frequently, I am breaking up the same 250-300 calorie meal into two, I am not adding anymore calories/carbs on the second meal-it's still just 250-300. The trick is for me is water/crystal light just before meals and in between meals and o calorie/low calorie foods in the evening, IF i need them, which I usually don't. My calorie intake throughout the day is 800-1000. I hope this helps you even more. Again, please stay encouraged.

Mzreeda,

Don't be discouraged. Not that I am the one to talk but my nutritionist gave me the advice that I need to kick start my metabolism in the morning with something. I used to be a late day eater just like yourself; this was a contributing factor as to why I am overweight. I hated breakfast and was never hungry in the morning. I basically had to force myself to eat in the morning to kick start my system. As I started to do that, i was able to control my hunger throughout the day. When I skip breakfast I seem to overeat in the evening for dinner and later on into the night. Also, I was told that every 3-4 hours I should be eating something to keep my metabolism going/"feed the furnace". I do not eat after 7pm, except for o calorie items because your metabolism slows down then. I'm not an expert or anything, I'm just talking from self experience. I hope this helps you some. Please stay encouraged.

Hi sunshine, this may sound crazy but what is a 0 cal food? ? that way if i do get hungry after i get home from work @7-730 pm like gello? broth?

ok sunshine thanks alot for all the advice and information have a bless day

Marie, Tulare California

Hi! this is a great thread! I was banded on April 15th, at 207lbs I currently weigh 197. Its been frustrating to say the least. I had my second fill this past tuesday. I have a 10 cc band with 5 cc's in it. (I think thats right anyway) I became very motivated with this second fill. One thing I am trying to be more strict about is not drinking while I eat. I am usually "uncomfortable" before I am full, although this morning I had a bowl of oatmeal, the package one and I think I am actually feeling full. I am trying to get myself to check in here more often again. I really think it helps. I have also had to admit to myself that I wanted a quick fix. a magic wand...bummer man..lol Ill check in later and see how you all are doing. Thanks for sharing! :tt2:

Well I am still trying to lose weight..I havent lost any inches ..I can still fit my fat a$$ in same size jeans etc....I havent gotten on the scale..go for my next fill on Friday....I have noticed that since I stopped drinking the Protein shakes...I am not bloated anymore. I am eating fish etc to get my protein though and taking my chewable vitamins and viactiv for Calcium.

If I remember right my doc told me that I only needed the Protein Shakes for pre surgery not post. I also look at it like this...protein is what bodybuilders use to build muscle and I dont want to turn all this fat into muscle then i'll NEVER BE SKINNY

It is not possible for fat to turn into muscle. Fat and muscle are 2 completely different entities. You can build muscle by doing weight training. Increased muscle will increase your metabolism. Increased metabolism will burn more calories which in turn will burn more fat. Protein is necessary to maintain optimal weight loss, but too much protein can slow down your weight loss. I was told to consume about 55 - 60 grams of protein per day. This will not cause you to "bulk out", but if you go too low on protein, you could have Hair loss.< /p>

You can still drink Protein Shakes. In fact, when I don't have a lot of time, I will still dring a shake and take it with me.

You WILL be skinny eventually if you just follow the program.

Best of luck to you!!!

hey dolphin, i'm sorry you're plateau-ing right now, but you hang in there! let us know how tomorrow's fill goes :blink:

Well I talked to my doc and and told him that after I stopped drinking the Protein Shakes I started to go down in the bloating etc. He said "yeah I dont really like the Protein shakes, they are just empty calories and dont give you any restriction"

Hey I'm just wondering how your getting so much Protein in everyday bandfan? I drink a Protein Shake everyday, but like thin dolphin says, they don't really give me any restriction and DO have a lot of calories so even though they are supposed to be good for you, I'd rather have an egg or a piece of cheese or something. I can't seem to get in much protein, I'm trying to eat foods mostly protein rich, but they are also fat rich, eggs, cheese, chicken, are my main staples pretty much.

Hold in there thin dolphin! My scale has been stuck on 202-205 the last couple weeks and no matter what I do it won't seem to go down! I lost weight pretty quickly after surgery and now that it has stopped I'm pretty dissapointed. BUT I'm not giving up hope, I'm going to decrease my portion sizes, try to stop eating those little bites of a chip or cracker here or there between meals, drink more Water, and get my butt in the gym a couple more hours a week. Good luck with everything!!!!

thanks i need that .....my body at times feels like a mule with a hard kick when it comes to dieting im at my max fill of 4cc in a 4cc band so i tryed that (eating in the morning) low fat cottage cheese w/ fruit coffee it holds my hunger til 130-230 afternoon but the scale is still going up then burn off then up its like im getting punked by my own scale....humm. well total pounds off 36 when i know it should be pushing 50 ( based on the weight i was loosing in the begaing)

well i pb alot more now if i dont chew properly. so I do have some restriction but not the kind I would like. Unfortunately I have to reschedule my next fill appt that is scheduled for nov 4th becuz I dont have the cash to pay for it since we are changing insurance since hubby is taking a job to work in Iraq for a year. I have started going back to the gym and I'm concentrating alot on the crossramp, treadmill, eliptical and the weight room. Not doing any swimming right now. I just took some 5 month out pics and guess what I dont see a dang bit of difference in me at all. Ppl keep telling me they can see it well guess what I dont see it. I have found out when I went to Walmart and tried on jeans that I can fit snug into a size 18 stretch jeans, but jeans I have at the house that arent stretch and size 20 and 22 I cant fit my fat butt in. I dont understand that at all. So today I'm having a really crappy day.

i was feeling like a complete & total FAILURE until i read these posts. u all have encouraged me to continue walking & trying to make proper food decisions. i am an emotional eater & i think i was beginning to overeat & eat junk food because of my depression from NOT LOSING!!! perhaps i can get myself back on track. since last year i have lost only 48lbs but i find myself envious of those who have lost more:redface:... i think they must be SUPER BANDSTERS & i must be doing A LOT wrong. its annoying when lots of people know you've had wls & they automatically think of rny & they also view you as a failure. tired of giving explanations about the differences in th lapband & other surgeries. i am happy for eveyone else who has or is losing at a great rate but i can't help but wonder on occasion, IS IT JUST ME???:)

Edited by jacobsmomyatta

Hi everyone. Haven't posted for a while. I am coming up on 1 year bandiversary and have lost about 25 pounds. That's about half what I expected to lose when I decided on LBS. But you know what? I'll take it because if I didn't have LBS, I would have continued gaining. I am still relearning how to eat! Pavlov's dog caught on faster than me!!! It is such a slow process for me but I didn't pack the pounds on overnight--it took years. And it will take years to get them off. Oh, and I told all my friends and now have to face them all and explain. That's ok. They are more heavy than last year and grousing about diets and exercise and weight loss contests they can't win. Two points I would like to make: 1) I have been losing weight-albeit, slowly, but none has come back like in the past; and 2) when I added exercise to my routine a few months ago, the results were dramatic. The inches really came off even though the weight loss was still slow. It's a journey for the rest of our lives. There is hope, it will be different than in the past because the weight will not return. Be like the turtle--slow & steady to win the race.