Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is My One Year Bandiversary

R u sure uve only lost 67 pounds?! What a difference!! U R HOT!!!!!!!!! Mucho Caliente!! (sp?)

How great you look!!! My hubby has a Harley but I have not decided if I am brave enough to learn to drive one.....GO GIRL!!!

Lisa,

Happy Bandiversary to you!!!! I never saw your before picture. What a change woman!! You look great and I am very proud of you. You have done a great job despite all the problems you have had.

Hugs,

Babs in TX

Thank you everyone. I just had my BD PB. Ugg. A year later with no port and I'm still restricted enough to have a PB. I wish my band would stay this tight till past dinner time.

Standing ovation here. I'm wipin' the tears out of the corners of my eyes from puddling up at your pics. What a difference, what a change! WOW! I am so proud of you and happy for you. Happy Bandiversary, PB or no, it's a great day!

Oh great, now I'm crying. Yes, holding my head very high. Shoulders back, too. It's hard to believe. A year ago I was telling a shrink that I already had my sucidide planned out, but I was too chicken to go through with it. Today I'll kill anyone that tries to kill me!

Hmmm, I DO deserve a goodie... maybe a little vaca is in order.

You look maahvelous, darlink! Amazing what a year can do, not just to the body but the mind and spirit. Yes, keep that head up, and Celebrate not just an amazing year but what's to come. Happy Bandiversary!

Happy Bandiversary Lisa,

With all that you have endured in the last year, you have done a phenomonal job. You have every reason to feel proud.

Congradualtions on your anniversary.

The success you have had with all you have gone thru really shows. Keep the faith and hopefully things will work out you can get that new port sooner then you think.

happy bandiversary , What a total insperation,you look fabulous,healthy and happy.I was banded monday and for some strange reason I'm feeling slighty depressed and might I add hungry. Looking at you made me feel like some hope has just shined in!! Nick

Congrats on your bandiversary, I an inspiration, You look so happy, healthy, and yes thinner. I'm feeling a little down. you know that post op thing. and reading your go and get it persoverance has brought some sunshine right into my heart.

I have enormous gratidude to everyone here at LBT. We've had our trials & tribulations, laughter and tears, but it all boils down to fighting the same battle.

Nick, there's hope, I swear. Just because your band isn't in full swing right now doesn't mean it won't be tomorrow. The beauty of the band is even when it's not completely working, it's still there and will eventually do what it was invented to do.

I don't think anyone was closer to the bottom of the barrel than me. I hit rock bottom, hard. I was beyond rock bottom planning my own suicide. I ate so much every night that I had PBs before getting banded. I shoved so much into my stomach that it overflowed into my esphagus and I'd have spasms where I couldn't breath because food was packed so tight into my chest. For me, food is a sick, sick addiction. I had a horribly painful hiatal hernia, so all I could do was eat and hold onto the pain with a heating pad and lay down at night. If I didn't eat, the pain would go away, but it was easier to be in agony than stop eating.

I still have problems, I'm still sickly addicted to food. But the band really does prevent me from going the Full Monty, so to say. I still have great daytime restriction. Today my boss/attorney told me how little I eat compared to before. We had a good laugh over the huge styrofome containers of food I'd chow down at lunch, but he said he really notices how I hardly snack any more.

My worst nightmare was getting in a food-related auto accident since my car was the biggest eatery. 24 hour drivethroughs were killing me, and I always envisioned myself getting in a horrible wreck while trying to empty 12 packs of hot sauce on my Macho Breakfast burrito and ending up on the front page of the news, "Obese Woman Kills Family of Four over a Fugging Burrito" across the front page was my nightmare.

So, Nick, it's doable. Really, it is.

THANKS EVERYONE, this was a really great birthday. There was even cake (though not for me.) Today I still eat cake, but I just lick at the frosting. Not the best band advice, but better to lick frosting than eat 2 man-size hunks plus lick all the frosting!

xoxo