Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feedback for Dr. Britt / Dr. Groves in Albertville

I just attended another seminar with Dr. Brit and Dr. Groves this past Tuesday night at Fort Payne and this was the first time I had got to meet Dr. Brit. I must say that I love both these doctors and love the feeling I got when listening to each present the program. I have been to other seminars given by different doctors and did not feel easy about them, but there is definitely something different and wonderful about these guys. At the end of the evening, it felt more like we were all family and I love their down home attitude!

Please post your experience on this doctor duo and his office team - I would so appreciate it!

Smiles,

Patricia

7_5_142.gif Hi Patricia. Glad you went to one of their seminars.. I really love Dr. Groves. I haven't really had any dealings with Dr. Britt. The only time I seen him was at a seminar. They are very down home and freindly. I am glad your doing your research. Make sure whomever you choose you are comfortable with. Keep us posted

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Thanks Gone4ever, you have really been so supportive and I really appreciate your imput! I wish I didn't have to wait the 6 months for my insurance to pay, I find myself very motivated just after the seminar, but my nerves get me as time passes. This forum has certainly helped and I hope to check in daily to keep my motivation up!

I love the little ticker at the bottom of your post - how'd you do that?

Keep up your great work, I can see you in a bikini by next summer!!:biggrin:

7_5_142.gifHello Patricia, I will try to tell you the right way of doing the ticker tape. Someone walked me thru it...Go to... tickerfactory.com (open a 2nd window) register..look thru what they have and put it together...when you are done it will ask you if it goes to My Space or where...click on the weight loss one (I think) copy and go back to your profile on here and paste. I think that is correct. Sorry I am computer illiterate! lol. To update I go into my favorites and pull it up and go to my page there and adjust and copy. usually before I paste it it goes there already. Sorry if I confussed you.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Wow - Thanks gone4ever - I will give it a try hopefully tomorrow! I am so computer illiterate as well - you are so kind to take the time to give instructions! Congratulations on your weight loss and prayers for continued success for you! I haven't checked in here for a few days and just now noticed your post - thank you!! :lol:

Smiles,

Patricia

7_5_142.gifHello Patricia, I will try to tell you the right way of doing the ticker tape. Someone walked me thru it...Go to... tickerfactory.com (open a 2nd window) register..look thru what they have and put it together...when you are done it will ask you if it goes to My Space or where...click on the weight loss one (I think) copy and go back to your profile on here and paste. I think that is correct. Sorry I am computer illiterate! lol. To update I go into my favorites and pull it up and go to my page there and adjust and copy. usually before I paste it it goes there already. Sorry if I confussed you.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

I am a Dr. Britt patient. My GP recommended him rather than one in Huntsville that I had originally made an appointment with. I haven't had many dealings with Dr. Grove outside the seminar, but I have heard that he is wonderful, one particular thing about him, is that he has also had the lapband, so he will truly know what your going through each step of the way. Dr. Britt, as you know, is Dr. Grove's surgeon so either one is a win/win choice in my book. They both are very supportive and encouraging. I really like Dr. Britt and I love my band. Don't worry about the six months, it actually goes by faster than you realize. I do understand the anxiousness to go ahead and get started on your journey to a new life and trust me it will get here pretty quick. Your going to be busy jumping through the hoops for BC, just do exactly as your told and you will get through it with flying colors. :lol: As far as the office staff, I find them to be equally as supportive and very responsive. I have not once had any second thoughts or regrets with my decision to get the band, or the surgeons to go with. They truly seem to care and want to see you succeed. Good luck to you!

Karly, thank you so much for your post and BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your 41 pounds GONE!! It's amazing how much better I feel when I come here to the forum for support. I just met Dr. Britt one time and I am an old woman (but still breathing), but that guy has the most gorgeous lips!! lol I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying at the seminar for wishing I had lips like that!! lol

I do love that Dr. Groves has had the surgery and also Dr. Groves says that he and Dr. Britt sometimes help each other out so I really wouldn't mind which one did the surgery.

Thanks again for your imput and I look forward to getting to know you better and getting thin together!!

i liked both doc's but for some reason was pulled toward dr britt. i love him, my band and the whole experience so far. good luck

7_5_142.gifHey Patricia. Dr. Britt did my fill yesterday. He is just plain cute! During the seminar I attended last yr. I was so focused on writting down things and consetrating on what they where saying that I didn't pay any attention to what he looked like.:tongue_smilie: But I noticed yesterday!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

HA,ha,he,he--so funny. I have to say i also was drawn to his appearance. As my 24 year old Down Syndrome daughter says..."HE'S CUTE-IF-FUL.

Oh Nanabanded and gone4ever - I can' t believe you didn't notice at first glance!!!! lol I immediately noticed what gorgeous lips he had and it made it hard to concentrate on what he was saying... my hubby has those great lips like that and I so wish I did - love um!! They almost look like they have been outlined and then something plumped them up - GORGEOUS!! LOL I may be old and happily married, but I do appreciate looking at some of God's beautiful handiwork!! lol

Nanabanded, your daughter is so RIGHT, I love that Cute-if-ful!!!!!!!!!! Give her a hug for me and tell her she is so right!!!

Smiles,

Patricia

Edited by patricia5901

Ha, Patricia, you crack me up! Your never too old to appreciate a fine specimen. :smile:. (I've always heard that just because their is snow on the rooftop doesn't mean there isn't fire in the furnace!) :smile:!!!! :tt1:Actually, I have not paid that much attention as I am still a bit intimidated, ha. So, tell me, how are you doing on your six months, where are you at and how are you feeling with it all?:cool2:

Karly, you are so right, there is snow on my roof and my furnace is just about out other than the pilot light - but my until I look in the mirror I forget that I am old!! lol

I am right at the very beginning of the six month or seven month weight chart. I was hoping that my endocrinologist in Birmingham would fill out the first two months weight charts as I have had an appointment with him for the last two months with weight and eating and tons of bloodwork involved. He said he really was more comfortable letting my family physician handle this type stuff. I must admit I was really disappointed but I do understand so now I will need to call my famly doc and set up my first appointment. I had lost 8 pounds since my appointment last month and the doctor encouraged me to do it on my own, but he just doesn't know me very well. The only reason I lost weight was that my husband who already has several serious health issues was diagnosed with late stage 3 kidney failure and I have been so upset that I have thrown up most of my meals. I am a worrywart and I have been with my hubby since I was 16 and the thoughts of losing him makes me literally physically sick. He has battled cancer twice and a heart attack and now this - it just never seems to stop. Once I get over the initial blow, then I start eating like there is no tomorrow!

Edited by patricia5901

You are so right, we are not dead or BLIND!! I love being old now, when I see someone who is especially pretty or handsome, I just walk right up to them and tell them that they are Gorgeous! There is something very freeing about being older, you are no longer a threat to anyone and people seem to enjoy being told nice things. Now, back to Dr. Brit's lips, you must STARE at them and to really appreciate their beauty and tell him you need a moment to just take it all in!! LOL

Smiles,

patricia

omg....now i have to stare at his lips the next time i go in. Hope he doesn't notice.

we're older but not dead. lol