Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on real food and starving

ok people for the love of god can someone please help. i had my surgery june 9th and the allowed me to start whole foods today early was supposed to wait till fri. and am still so hungry and have been since the day of operation. i am frustrated and confused and eating all the right stuff and my Water. anyone else go through this?:cursing:

Well Julia, I was banded on June 6th and the past 2 days I feel like I could eat a cow if it was cooked up for me. I've lost 15 lbs since the surgery but I'm concerned because I'm starting to feel out of control. I feel no restriction at all. I hope my surgeon is responsive to this tomorrow since I'm only 2 weeks out. I can't image having to go another 3-4 weeks. I feel your pain

Edited by livn4jesus

sos orry u are feelin bad this is the hardest thing ever. please add me as a friend i could use one all of my girlfriends are like size 6's. thanks for the reply

:cursing:

Me, too. Apparently this is a common issue with everyone, and they have dubbed it "bandster hell", the time between surgery and when you start getting the band filled that you're HUNGRY! From what I have read, most successful patients have just rode this time out. Remember, the band is not a "quick fix". I lost 14 lbs during the first two weeks, and then gained 2 lbs during the following two weeks before the fill. I was ok with that considering I was on the road for 10 days of that. However, Now that I have had my first fill, I still don't feel restricted, but it has helped some. I'm seeing results again, slowly, surely.

Hang in there, folks. Just try to make good food choices, and be patient with yourself. Slower loss is better for you anyway, so just think of the fact that you have already made the biggest step and you're on your way.

Best of luck!

So am I. I was banded on 6/13. Yesterday and today I have felt like eating everything in site. No wonder they call it " bandster hell ". But I am trying to take it easy. One of the biggest problems I am having is trying to keep from being so short of breath (no energy). I believe it is from the really low caloric intake, but I don't want anything serious to happen. Supposed to be drinking 8 oz of Protein shakes three times a day, then other low cal beverages. Not many calories there. Any suggestions to keep me from screwing up royally?

Thanks

Peach

thanks so much for the support u have a great outlook! best of luck to u i went for a walk and am feelin better rather than sorry for myself :cursing:

i was banded june 12 and can start mushies today. I have been total opposite, not hungry at all just sick to my stomach (kinda of like a hangover where you feel if you eat something it will make you feel better). I went to work for the first time today and had to come home at 2:00. I was so sick to my stomach that I had to lay down when I got home for several hours. My problem is getting calories in. I have been eating Protein Shakes, v8s, cream of Tomato Soup, etc. But nothing makes my stomach feel less upset. So tonite I thought of mushies and tried brunswick stew (30 grams of Protein in 1 cup). It did the trick. I haven't felt this good since the day before surgery. I know it has like 350 calories, but at this point I don't care. I just need calories and protein to keep from starving myself.

I was banded on May 12th and feel your pain. My first fill will not be until next Tues. My biggest problem is between meals. I fill up pretty fast but I want to eat again long before it is time. I have been drinking Protein Shakes between meals if it is truely hunger and not head hunger. Hang in there....it will get better...it has to right!!!!!

I am hungry also about two hours after I eat. I was banded on the 10th but have to do full liquids till the 24th then mushies for a week before I start regular foods. I went for my post op appointment today and found out that I won't get a fill for 6 weeks July 30th. I am hoping I won't be hungry once on regular foods, but if I am hungry now......

I know this is only a tool and will do whatever I can to stay on track......just can't wait till I am not hungry every two hours....

Good luck!

I am having the same problem!! Banded on June 12 and feel like im starving!!! I want some real food, fill like all this liquid is going straight through band!! I guess we all jjust need to hang in there and wait until we get our first fills so i can fill some restriction.

I'm right there with everyone too! I was banded 5/29 and go in for my first fill on the 26th. I can't wait! Right now, i'm eating whatever and whenever I want and I swear, once I got off the liquids it was like a switch was turned on and BOOM, I'm hungry! lol I get full off of a little less food, not much, but usually just in the morning. In the evening I can eat as much as I used to, which sucks but then I'm hungry 2 hours later. I dont know what's up with that. Like everyone else I can't wait to get my 1st fill...hopefully that will nip this in the bud!

Good luck everyone!!

I was on liquids for 4 weeks. It got easier as time went on. I blended up cottage cheese into Tomato Soup. That helped. You are going to get hungry every 2 hours. Just eat as much Protein and get it into your liquids any way you can. The blender is your best friend right now. It's the digestion of carbs that causes the stomach to growl.

at any BBQ restuarant. it has ground up chicken, pork, corn, tomatos, and other stuff in it. After eating it tonite it is the best I have felt in 7 days. Could only eat 1/2 cup before being completely full and it has been 2 hours and still completely full.