Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mini Forks, Knives & Spoon Sets

For those of you that use them, where did you get them?

I didn't want Pocahontis, cars, or Mickey Mouse plastic handles,

so I bought a sterling plate gift box set from an engraving store.

They are great but cost $30 for the 3 pieces & the box.

I am hoping to find something cheaper, preferably in multiples,

so my honey doesn't have to was my tiny dishes every time I eat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use little spoons that are for mixing sugar and milk in coffee or tea. For knives, I use the little knives that are used for individual bread plates at a nice dinner. Finally, for forks, I am using little appetizer forks. All of these are stainless. They are usually sold in sets of 8. I think you might find them just about anywhere. Can't remember where I got mine, but they are perfect. Good Luck!

Hi I have tupperware plates that I had bought when my daughter was little. They work out fine. They have sandwhich plates that usually come with a place setting. I don't use the little tea cup or silverware. I think it doesn't work for me.

Is there an Ikea close to you?? They have the BEST bowls, plates and utensils around. They are perfect portions and they come in a 4 or 5 pack for less than 2 bucks. If there isn't one close to you, maybe a family member has one close to them? They really are the greatest!

I guess I was very lucky, My drs office gave me a very nice set last time I went in for a fill. they have crystal handles.. I love them, it makes bite sizes soooo easy.

Lois

4_1_219.gif 7_5_142.gif I am such a looser! I have bob the biulder and cars and dora and veggie tales...I use my grandchildrens sets that I have here for them. It is fun to watch their reaction when Nana is using their silverware. They have gotten use to it now. At first, even tho I had explained Nana could not eat the way she used to anymore after surgery, their expresions was just to cute! So I have a lot of fun...They might have to tell me not to play with my food!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

I always thought would bring attention to your food, but come to think of it good idea, but what do you tell people who you dont want to know you have lapbanding?? that this is your strategie for eating less???

**wink** Take them to a restaurant with you then present your card for child's portions!!! LOL then maybe they won't argue with you. either that or call the funny farm!!

What card are you referring to? I would like to get one so I can order some child menu items once I am ready to go out and eat!

The card is given out by the surgeons. It states you have had WLS (mine says lap band and shows a diagram of the band). It also asks that you be allowed to order a child's portion.

I am in the practicing phase since I haven't had my lapband yet. I am using a demittasse spoon (used for coffee, lattes, etc) and a seafood fork.

I didn't know about the child portion card for restaurants either. What a great idea as many restaurants don't normally allow adults to order child sized meals. Wish those cards were available for all who have WLS.

Right now I am using my kids' silverware and dishes. I got it all at Babies R Us and it has a very Tupperware feel to it, but it's not really made by Tupperware. They have a ton of plastic dishes and utensils that don't have all the characters on them. They're just colored plastic . . . kind of see-through.

Many places have horrid kids menus, hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken tenders etc. I would think the senior menu would be a better choice?

Cause thats where many places have the lower fat & calorie stuff in smaller portions then the normal menu. I wonder if the card would still work for that?

Think i'll just do the doggie bag thing lol.

Sometimes you can find kids utensil that aren't characterized. Just colorfull or have larger handles etc. I found a good place to check is your local goodwill store.

My health food store sells the silverware that you're referring to. I purchase all of my supplements/protein shakes/etc. there and they are great. Luckily, this store is right beside my surgeon's office so they cater to WLS needs very well. Check with your local health food stores and you may be pleasantly surprised! :rolleyes2:

Good luck!