Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post-op tired of liquids

I am tired of this liquid stuff I can't find anything that taste good everything is starting to taste the same please help me with ideas I have a recipe book, but it is smoothie this smoothie that I am hungry and evil right now I am almost about to cry why did I do this Iam trying hard.:sad:

Take a deep breath! :ohmy:It's going to be OK! I remember wanting to gnaw on my kitchen counters because I was so sick of the liquid phase. On my liquid phase my doctor let me have Protein pudding. Take a large box of sugar free instant pudding and add skim milk powder about 1 cup to the 3 cups of cold skim milk and mix well. It will be ready in an hour or so. I like the chocolate and put a dollup of sugar free cool whip on it. :biggrin2: You can do what ever flavor you like. This was a staple for me on my liquid phase. I also ate cream of wheat. Made my own Egg Drop Soup, found the recipe on LBT in the nutrition thread.

I am right there with ya! I am also on the liquid phase since Friday....better than clear liquid.... I am allowed cream Soups (without bits)...and took some low fat cream of potatoe Soup and puree'd the bits till there were none....that soup is saving me......I am also allowed the pudding, and yogurt, cream of wheat or rice, and strained baby food fruits.....every doctor is different though.......Hang in there a little more than one more week and we will be on the mushy stage......

we can do it!!!! You are not alone!

Jello with fat-free Cool Whip and sugar-free pudding with the Cool Whip were my big treats. I was allowed to have cream Soups too ("anything you can drink through a straw") so I did the Tomato Soup, cream of asparagus, cream of celery, etc. (had to put some of them through the blender). I also discovered a rather strange fondness for chicken noodle Soup put through the blender - but at that point I was excited to have anything different to taste!

I had Carnation Instant Breakfast with diced up apples or bananas added -- also put through the blender until smooth, of course!

I know it gets old, but it is very important that you stick to the diet your surgeon has recommended. You need to give your band time to heal and adhere. Have you checked out the following threads?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/lap-band-food-stages-lists-suggestions-3995/

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/liquid-stage-recipes-17636/

Hello, i was banded on June 12th and today is the first day on my full liquid diet! I need help too!! Please im bored!! How about spaghetti os?? Also i need help with my Protein? I dont like any of the protein supplements i bought smells like vanillia! its no good!! any advice?? please help!!

If your Dr. says Clear Liquids then stick to Clear Liquids. My Dr. was very strict with his requirements. Bullion, Water, crystal light, broth, Jello...no pudding, creamed Soups, cool whip, or anything that you couldn't see through. There is a reason why he has the requirements and you trusted him to perform your surgery...so you should try to adhere to his requirements as much as possible.

I was two weeks clear liquid and 1 week full liquid before transitioning to pureed and then onto adaptive.

Hello, i was banded on June 12th and today is the first day on my full liquid diet! I need help too!! Please im bored!! How about spaghetti os?? Also i need help with my Protein? I dont like any of the Protein supplements i bought smells like vanillia! its no good!! any advice?? please help!!

If you are on full liquids then you should consider trying the carnation instant Breakfast no added sugar powder. It comes in vanilla and chocolate. Furthermore, you can get most of your protein from the Protein Powder mixed with some yogurt if you don't like the smoothies. I was able to meet my daily protein requirements during the full liquid stage by mixing nonflavored Protein Powder into my creamed Soups, eating yogurt, and drinking the carnation instant breakast with some Peanut Butter mixed into the blender.

I know exactly how you feel. I am 7 days post-op and am supposed to be on a full liquid diet for 2 weeks. I am definitely feeling the boredom but I took chicken noodle Soup and strained everything out so it still tastes like chicken noodle and not just chicken broth and froze it in ice cube trays. I get two cubes for a serving and I did the same with pork broth we made when my husband cooked pork a few days after I came home. I have mostly been drinking tea, Water, and juice but have worked in an ocassional Thai tea or coffee. I so wanted something that tasted good but not sweet so I finally added a little carne adovada flavoring to my pork broth and it definitely hit the spot. I was careful not to add too much as to upset my stomach, but it definitely helped to cut the boredom. I will be starting on soft foods in one week and am looking forward to having something other than a clear liquid. Good luck!

I was banded May 12th and I was so sick of sweet stuff, my mom made homemade pea Soup and beef stew. I put that in the food processor and I was able to eat that no problem. I also did the cream of wheat. To change the flavor of the whey Protein Shakes, I went to Smart N Final and got some of the different sugar free flavorings. What a difference. Sometimes in the vanilla, I just add cinnamin. But my new favorite is chocolate with carmel & a teaspoon of Peanut Butter.< /p>

If your Dr. says Clear Liquids then stick to clear liquids. My Dr. was very strict with his requirements. Bullion, Water, crystal light, broth, jello...no pudding, creamed Soups, cool whip, or anything that you couldn't see through. There is a reason why he has the requirements and you trusted him to perform your surgery...so you should try to adhere to his requirements as much as possible.

I absolutely agree. I apologize if I misunderstood what the initial poster could have on her liquid stage. My doctor's rules were more relaxed than a lot of doctors, apparently... but definitely each doctor has a reason for the instructions they give, and we each need to trust the doctor we chose to do our surgery, and follow those instructions.