Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else noticed?

The stuff in a violet crumble is honeycomb, so its crisp, not soft.

Do you have Crunchies in the US? Its kind of the same but different.

PM me you're addresses and I'll send a few over, lol.

The stuff in a violet crumble is honeycomb, so its crisp, not soft. .

i LOVE honey - but will have my fill for a LONG time. had 3 bee keepers at our ranch yesterday who removed 80lbs of honeycomb from my back porch. i'm dreaming of english muffin w/butter & honey...LOL

Aww Lulac - that is so wrong!

Jachut - my brother is currently working in Sydney. I'll have to ask him if he's had either. Knowing him, he's been trying different beers more than chocolates! Skinny farthead.

lol farthead hehe

The stuff in a violet crumble is honeycomb, so its crisp, not soft.

Do you have Crunchies in the US? Its kind of the same but different.

PM me you're addresses and I'll send a few over, lol.

Ah, honeycomb...mmmmmm yummy. I made a Violet Crumble last two weeks just breaking a little piece off for myself at the end of every day. It's hands down my favorite candy.< /p>

No Crunchies in the US that I know of. They're good too? Don't tempt me! I've got to get to goal before I get my treat!!!!!:thumbs_up:

I want to try a violet crumble...and whats a crunchie LOL

Okay, just joining in to the violet crumble conversation...LOVE THEM.

Best friend's brother-in-law is an Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi! and they go every year "back home" and I make them bring me back voilet crumbles.

World Market *sometimes* has them, but not all time. Thank goodness!!! I'd be in trouble!

Okay, it's bad that the thread has been hijacked. (sorry) but it's REALLY bad that the topic has become candy on a WLS site. LOL!!!

I actually ate a Violet Crumble in my dream last night...ha!

I don't know other people feel about it, but we got here because of life style and such. Having invested in money and pain, I am following the plan to the "T" now entering the 4 week liquid phase. Got banded on Tuesday released on Wednesday morning and almost pain free as of last night.

We're still allowed to eat things we ate before...just not a lot. :| I'll have a treat once in awhile or I'll go insane and want to binge. That's just my two cents

I got here more from eating too much than from what I eat. I do eat junk but I love a lot of food that is considered healthy and don't like a lot of food that is considered junky.

So my plan it substitute some of the junk for Protein -- because today's recommendations are IMO inadequate even for non-WLS people -- but otherwise eat what I eat now only less of it.

Amen!

After being accused endlessly for month of being skinny, ugly, unattractive, anorexic and addicted to exercise, I gave up on the forums. I pop back now and then but to be blunt, no one wants to hear what I am saying anyway, so why bother?

If the newbies want to live in happy kitty flower land, let them. This mean skinny, ugly anorexic won't bother them. :biggrin:

I know this thread is old and I haven't even finished reading through it yet, but I just wanted to comment quickly to Chickie and other "veterans", particularly the very successful veterans. I'd make a list but then I'm sure I'd leave someone out but basically the common factors you all seem to have is not relying too much on "restriction", a total eating/cooking life overhaul, the addition of running as a passion and hobby and (shockingly enough) 100%+ of excess weight lost....

I did an insane amount of research on the band before getting the surgery, and an even more insane amount of reading this forum (largely the archives, and searching for particular words/issues). The program coordinator and surgeon are constantly surprised how much I know and what kinds of questions I ask. The program coordinator says that I could probably do her job! This is all in very large part due to you all.

I can honestly say that you guys have been a wealth of information and a HUGE help in understanding the band, the process, getting into the correct frame of mind, motivation etc for me. Ask any of my friends, they'll even tell you! It's beyond "so and so lost 100lbs, so I want to copy them" it's more "this person has the right idea, knows what they're doing and is doing it well", I really can't begin to tell you how much you have helped me in this.

I know it must really be terrible to have people saying such nasty things to you and I'd be sorely tempted to quit the boards as well, but not all of us are like that and I dare say most of us could really benefit from your continued participation on the boards.

I don't know how to resolve the issue of people who solicit advice turning around and rejecting the advice and abusing the advice giver when it's not what they want to hear, but it is a shame if we lose active members who serve as good examples just because some people are...I don't even know what to call it.

Oh and for the record, I don't think any of you are "showing off" (though I can see how the jealous mind could see it that way) and all of you look great, not "skinny" or "anorexic" and it's obvious (to me) that you've worked your asses off.

I'm with Penny on this. One of the things I read in the official book and heard in the seminar and grilled my doctor about was why is the expected weight loss only 50% of excess weight? He said because those are the statistics worldwide. Clearly there are some that do better and some that do worse but the average person will do 50%. I kept grilling him about why because I just couldn't understand why only 50% of excess weight loss. He finally said it's because the band only helps you control your hunger, it doesn't control you. If you eat liquid calories (chips and ice cream, etc.) your scale will reflect that; if you don't exercise, your scale will reflect that. So it appears that the average bander eats less but probably still eats junk food and they probably don't exercise. The successful ones here are a testament to healthy eating and they all are obsessively exercising so if I want to reach my goal weight and maintain it; I have great examples to follow. Thank you for being on this forum and continuing to provide your guidance. If this forum only had newbies 6 months or less, then it would not be nearly as valuable.

Thank you for being on this forum and continuing to provide your guidance. If this forum only had newbies 6 months or less, then it would not be nearly as valuable.

Amen!!! I feel like I have a lot more "real world" expectations have heard from those that have gone through all the different stages. :biggrin:

I know this thread is old and I haven't even finished reading through it yet, but I just wanted to comment quickly to Chickie and other "veterans", particularly the very successful veterans. I'd make a list but then I'm sure I'd leave someone out but basically the common factors you all seem to have is not relying too much on "restriction", a total eating/cooking life overhaul, the addition of running as a passion and hobby and (shockingly enough) 100%+ of excess weight lost....

I did an insane amount of research on the band before getting the surgery, and an even more insane amount of reading this forum (largely the archives, and searching for particular words/issues). The program coordinator and surgeon are constantly surprised how much I know and what kinds of questions I ask. The program coordinator says that I could probably do her job! This is all in very large part due to you all.

I can honestly say that you guys have been a wealth of information and a HUGE help in understanding the band, the process, getting into the correct frame of mind, motivation etc for me. Ask any of my friends, they'll even tell you! It's beyond "so and so lost 100lbs, so I want to copy them" it's more "this person has the right idea, knows what they're doing and is doing it well", I really can't begin to tell you how much you have helped me in this.

I know it must really be terrible to have people saying such nasty things to you and I'd be sorely tempted to quit the boards as well, but not all of us are like that and I dare say most of us could really benefit from your continued participation on the boards.

I don't know how to resolve the issue of people who solicit advice turning around and rejecting the advice and abusing the advice giver when it's not what they want to hear, but it is a shame if we lose active members who serve as good examples just because some people are...I don't even know what to call it.

Oh and for the record, I don't think any of you are "showing off" (though I can see how the jealous mind could see it that way) and all of you look great, not "skinny" or "anorexic" and it's obvious (to me) that you've worked your asses off.

I understand Chickie's frustration. Chickie and Jacqui both warned me that I'd be treated differently after I hit goal and they were right. Not by everyone, of course but many. I've always had patient coordinators on my tail due to my reputation for pushing people to research their doctors and not go to the bad ones but after hitting goal there was a new group on my tail, those that were banded and not doing well with dietary changes and exercise. The patient coordinators that don't want people researching make me laugh, the banded population (below) frustrate me.

I know I am blunt and to the point but you know what? Sometimes it's necessary. Take exercise for example. Not exercising doesn't have a thing in the world to do with our eating issues, it's LAZY! The band doesn't fix lazy. The band doesn't absorb calories, the band doesn't motivate you, the band doesn't do the work for you. There is a certain population of banded folks that seem to have the notion that they will get a band and magically lose weight and that isn't how it works. It's like the population of banded folks that have thyroid issues. Even with thyroid problems you don't get fat by eating broccoli and you don't lose weight by taking thyroid pills. Fat still has to be burned.

There is yet another mindset where some folks feel like, "Great, you lost weight and got to goal but my problems are more severe than your problems and you could change your eating behaviors, I can't." Well, if someone has already decided they can't change and they come up with a list of why they can't change their lifestyle, they have already decided to stay fat. Changing lifestyles wasn't easy for any of us, the band doesn't do it - we do. If you want it badly enough you'll do it. If you want excuses badly enough, you'll find them.

Another population... those that want what they want, when they want it. People today are not great about denying themselves anything they want. They want a big house they can't afford, they buy it anyway. Then when they can't make the payments they blame the economy. They were in over their head the day BEFORE they bought the house, the economy has nothing to do with it. Same thinking applies to food. They are entitled to ice cream, they want it, and they are going to have it. Then they want weight loss, they are entitled to it, and they are going to have surgery. Yet they are still entitled to ice cream. Then they decide the band doesn't work because they are entitled to ice cream. It's okay to deny yourself foods that make you fat.

A lifestyle change does not mean rewarding weight loss with cake. It does not mean planning days to eat crap food. It means getting out there, denying self crap food, exercising, and damn well getting it done. This wasn't easy for any of us, but if we want it bad enough we'll get it done.

When you tell various populations the above they are "ohhh sooo insulted," and suddenly those at goal just don't understand. Quite frankly, we DO understand, that's why we are at goal.