Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me eat breakfast!

I was getting ready to post the exact same question. I don't like eggs either so Breakfast can be a challenge. I have found applesauce with a bit of ground flaxseed mixed in to be good or some cream cheese on a piece of wasa cracker. Occasionally I'll do Slimfast but I tend to save that for trips when I can't take all my 'go-to' foods with me.

My dr also recommended drinking something warm in the morning (even warm tap water). I haven't had a problem with constriction or PBs but I haven't had a fill yet so that's probably going to change.

OMG I think that is so funny, my Dr's office wants me to drink cold liquids, to bring down the swelling. I wonder if that is not the problem. It does help after awhile, but I haven't tried anything hot yet when it is constricted. I'll ask when I go in Tuesday. :ohmy:

OMG I think that is so funny, my Dr's office wants me to drink cold liquids, to bring down the swelling. I wonder if that is not the problem. It does help after awhile, but I haven't tried anything hot yet when it is constricted. I'll ask when I go in Tuesday. :grouphug:

Something cold?!? That seems pretty bizarre. I'm interested in what your doc says. Let us know!

I went to the Dr's today and asked about the hot vs. cold Water. The guy who does are fills, said that he and the doctor vary on their answer, but this was the answer. He said the Doc says if the person is having spasms then they should have warm liquid, and the assistant says that if you are swollenl you should have cold. He thinks that I have Edema and will be swollen in the morning after sleeping and not peeing. Said I need to get off so much salt and do some diuretics, natural ones. I recently was taken off my blood pressure meds which had a diuretic in them, so of course I am retaining water. He felt if I exercise more to get rid of the excess water that will help. He said try it and let him know. All of this is still being tested. I will try to get rid of the liquid and see how that works. Cranberry pills (natural diuretic) and lemonade (pure lemon and sweetner) another natural diuretic. I'll let you know how it works.

Just curious.... did you try the warm/hot liquids? If so, did you see any difference than drinking cold liquids?

I don't see a big difference in either one. I drink a cup of coffee on some mornings, no difference. It all still gets stuck. About the best thing that works is walking when I'm stuck and taking some liquid ibuprophen. I am trying the "getting off of salt" and taking a diuretic. One day I'm not cured, oh man, LOL.

I'm sure this has been answered before...but I need help with breakfast. I think I have decent but not quit tight enough restriction. I am very tight in the morning and I have stopped eating breakfast. I'm thinking that's not great for my metabolism. The sad thing is that as I go through the day I get looser and looser until at night I can eat as muh as I let myself (of course nothing like before the surgery). Anyway- I don't have a lot of time in the morning so I am looking for a quick breakfast that I can eat on the run and that won't get stuck....so things like breakfast bars or Bagels don't work for me. I would also love something with Protein and the health factor working for me, but less than 200 calories....

Can anyone help? What do you eat for breakfast?:confused2:

What about trying a slice of turkey deli meat for breakfast? I am not banded (yet) but I do that now for a quick breakfast in the car with a piece of fruit. I just roll it up and munch on it.

O.K. so this is the answer about my morning tightness from my fill guy, he is an assistant in the docs office so I call him the fill guy. Anyway, he says I am swollen in the morning, retaining liquid. He wants me off salt or cut back. When I get stuck he wants me to walk and even take cold liquid ibuprophen (childrens). I can't eat lunchmeat it gets stuck. When I am swollen, nothing soft or things that can't be chewed all the way will go down. Amazingly, I live on tostadas in the evening when I am tight. The crunch of the tostada shell disolves and I can swallow it. The Beans go down easily. I put lots of cut of lettuce and some cheese. Good stuff. Morning right now I take a couple of bites of chocolate Protein Bars. One bite let it go down then another bite. We've been having discussions about cold vs. warm liquid when you are swollen, my fill guy says cold, the colder the better. He says the doc thinks if you are having spasms then warm liquid. Hope this helps a little. nonfat latte, good stuff.