Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exersice Band Wagon

I am working out at least five times a week. I go to the gym at my job after work and I have been dedicated to my workout. I feel great after a good workout, but I have gained almost two pounds since I started. What's up with that? I have not had a fill yet and I am eating mushies which I guess is causing the weight gain. I am patient though and I know after I get my fill on June 26th the weight should start coming off again. Good luck everyone on your exercising.

If you're doing weight lifting it *could* be that. I do the same thing when I add weights in because muscle weighs more than fat does. In fact, when I start adding weights back in to my workouts I will pretty well ignore my scale for a while and go with measurements or by how my clothes fit me. When I was in college I went on a BIG workout kick so I could lose 50lbs. The first two months I GAINED ten pounds. I was ready to quit until I realized that I had to either get smaller clothes or a lot of belts. lol.

Trust me, I bet you're losing inches in there. :P

I am going to start excersizing this week. I excersized pre-band, not as much as I would like to because I was always running out of breath and getting really tired. I've lost 23 pounds without excersizing, but I know I need to start if I want to loose any more! I went back to work a couple days ago and oh my god, I was beat! I am a banquet waitress at a county club, and I worked a big wedding, I carried heavy trays, and was on my feet running around all night. The next day I was BEAT! But it helped me get back into the swing of things.

Calling all our May Bandsters! I know there are threads like this on the main page but I thought this would be good for those of us in May!

Have you started exercising yet? I know a lot of you are still recovering from late May surgery but I thought this would be a fun way for us to compare good ways to get out and work off more calories/fat!

Let's give suggetions of what to do...:lol:

What works for you...:embaressed_smile:

Any pain?:lol:

What songs are on your iPod to keep you going!:biggrin2:

Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!

I am starting Water aerobics on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been exercising on a rebounder 6 days per week for 50 minutes. A rebounder is a mini trampoline. You can start off slow and then work your way up to a more advanced work out. Here are some of the benefits of rebounding:

It uses 3 forces; gravity, acceleration and deceleration. At the top of the bounce, your body becomes completely weightless and then as you reach the bottom of the bounce, you experience the force or 1 1/2G (1.5 times the force of gravity). This stimulates the lymphatic system into greater efficiency in the clearing of waste matter in the body and the effectiveness of the immune system.

It has been studied by NASA and is found to be 68% more oxygen efficient than other forms of exercise....you can exercise quite vigorously on a rebounder and not feel out of breath, but still gain the same benefits you would from jogging on pavement.

It is easy on all joints

reduces allergies

helps with arthritis

helps with asthma

strengthens the back

improves balance/ makes core muscles strong

strengthens the heart and all cells of the body

stimulates lymphatic system/ immune system

helps diabetes

increased metabolism

increased energy

builds bone mass

strengthens spine

fights depression & stress

Also, you can put it right in front of the tv. You are not a slave to the weather. It only costs no more than $200 for a rebounder.

If you purchase one, get a Needak...it is the BEST one out there. Don't get a cheap one....it will break!!! It must have springs!!!

I hope this information helps. I love my rebounder!!!!!:lol:

Yesterday at work I rode a seated stepper for 25 miinutes. Gotta do things easy on the joints at this point.

OK...I'm a mush...I have walked around the mall etc... but I was waiting until my appt. this week to really get exercising... I still am waiting for my port to heal!

The place I go called Inches A Weigh...is non weight bearing and it shakes you a ton...Lost 35 inches from Dec - until May banding!

However, doc said at least 8 weeks before I can go jiggle...

I wanted to do Water arobics by now but my port is still open so no Water activity for me...

I live in AZ so walking outside is a no no...also, I have beentrying to get over my hives/psoriasis that I have had since surgery...so ...ASAP I need to move more!

i lost 15lbs since feb 08 ...i listen too fergie,gwen stephani,and nelly futado,beastie boys and missy elliot and britney to keep me moving at the gym im up to 5x a week.30 min of weight 3x a week and 5x week 30 min cardio elliptical/treadmill i like ellipticall better it burns more calories

when i use the treadmill iturn the incline up to 10 and sweat my ass off...so the scale is hold steady but my ass is really firming up and i need new jeans pronto....:thumbup:

We had a super nice cool day here. Took my doggies for a 20 minute walk this morning, walked 10 minutes at lunch, then wallked a mile after dinner. WAHOO!

I

Not nice here...so I went to the Mall to walk...needed to walk more than I looked though!

Good for you globally yours!

Thanks Amsderb! I've been able to walk everyday this week. Wanted to sleep in this morning, but woke up at 5AM. Me and my dogs trekked out at 5:30 AM, and walked our mile in the park.

Think it's supposed to be rainy here tomorrow, if it is, gonna work on some upper body stuff with some barbells.

Gonna have to check out the rebounder BF1.

I finally went to the gym tonight! It felt great but now my legs hurt, haha just wanted to let someone know that I finally got of my ass! lol

I used to do 20mins treadmill 5x's/wk, but my PA just asked me to move it up to 45mins. I also do swimming 20mins at least 3x's/wk and can start to tell a diff with my "back flab". I like the idea of increasing the treadmill incline. I do 3 for half my time, but want a tighter rump!! Txs for that info!! A few wks ago, 3 made my port hurt and burn, but it didn't yesterday so I think I can increase it now!

I had my first fill yesterday- 1cc in a 4cc band & back to full liquids for 24 hours. Last week I went thru a crazy period of bad eating & gained back 5lbs. I am now determined to get back on track & exercise at least 5 days a week-30 minutes. The doctor really set me straight. The gym is closed today so I will be walking! Thanks for the exercise forum.

I have exercised 30 minutes for 7 days straight! I took my first step aerobics class in a long time yesterday. I haven't gone for over 2 years because I was too heavy. I lasted 30 minutes (using no risers). I'm so proud. Let's all keep up the good (hard) work!

well, since the begining of july, i started going more frequently to the gym...i used to walk at the park OR go to the gym. i'm now feeling back to normal. i can walk a little more than two miles in 40minutes. that's progress for me! i couldn't even do those miles in 40 minutes! what's cool too is my breathing is back to normal; no more having to stop the routine.