Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's the man Obama or MCcain?

Hi, interesting comments. Enjoying them.

Ug, I would just die if Huckabee were VP!

I think that's a losing ticket anyway... Huckabee drives me crazy! The winning ticket for McCain is McCain/Romney, I think.

I completely agree!! I really believe that McCain would be wise to pick up the republican votes by bringing in Romney!!:P

I got this in an email today and thought it was so funny. I don't mean to be offensive to the Republicans, just posting for humor.

I'm Voting Republican

:lol:I needed a good laugh. Thanks for the post.

You wondered how Obama is going to raise the taxes in order to fund his proposed programs. He's said it over and over and has been very forthright about it. Which I think is commendable because he could definitely lose some votes in the process.

He is planning on cutting all the tax breaks for the wealthy - you know, the ones that the rebublicans have put in to effect since they've been in power. He's also planning to stop all the tax breaks for the corporations like the mega-wealthy oil companies.

Good grief, if you all are so rich that you need to worry about him making you pay your fair share, you definitely should stick to your guns and vote for McCain, because if you are wealthy, you've definitely been getting a ride while the republicans have been in power. We've managed to not just increase the number of BILLIONAIRES in tihs country, there are many, many more now than when Bush took office. For middle America, things have gotten worse and the rich have been getting richer. If that suits you, definitely vote Republican.

As for the Bush legacy... he promised to cut taxes and he ran on the idea of less government. Which is also something McCain talks about. The fact is that since Bush has been in office, we've had MORE government, not less. And the only real tax breaks have been in the form of refunds - whoo, hoo. What all did you buy with your big checks?

ew mccain, sorry i dont agree ><

As for the Rev. Wright fiasco, that is laughable. Since when does a member of any congregation take the responsibility for things his minister says? It's only been since Obama ran for president. What a joke.

If someone here is from Chicago, then they must realize that the church in question is a very popular church where many very successful black Americans have gone to worship. No one is holding them to the standard of answering for Rev. Wright's comments.

Also, Obama never said that he was unaware of who Rev. Wright is. He said that he had never heard Rev. Wright make statements like those played over and over in the press. Those statements were blown up and taken out of context when he was speaking to the plight of black people in America. They were not made on a regular basis from the pulpit every Sunday. It is not insincere or surprising that Obama would back away from that kind of language. He had to back off. He had no choice. He was being crucified by the media and the Republicans (who are still beating it to death) for those clips of the Rev. Wright blasting the way blacks in America have been treated. No one can deny that black people have been treated badly in America. And if I were black, I'd be angry too.

First you say he's really Muslim. When that won't stick, you accuse him of endorsing his preacher's raw, hateful, angry remarks. Neither of those things should stick to Obama because they are not true.

froggie, what does "ew McCain, sorry I don't agree><" mean? I am not being a smart a$$, I really don't understand and I really do want to.

Obama isn't cutting taxes on the wealthy, he's cutting them for working families, and also middle class...which most of the population is. Each person is going to get 500$ credit for individual and families can get up to 1000$ and for some people can eliminate taxes completely. He's also proposing to save us up to 2 billion dollars of money we use to prepare taxes.

froggi: I didn't say that Obama intends to cut taxes for the wealthy. I said he is for cutting the tax BREAKS for the wealthy that they are getting now. The wealthy are not paying the same taxes proportionally as the middle class pays.

That being said, you seem to be very knowledgeable about his proposed tax plan. I guess I am not because I hadn't heard anything about those $500 and $1000 credits you're talking about and haven't heard about the possibility of some people not having to file taxes (is that what you meant when you said there would be 2 billion in savings due to not having to prepare taxes?)

no the 2nd part means that he is going to simplify filing taxes and make it be able to be done within 5 to 10 minutes making it easier on america and making us not have to pay hundreds of dollars to have a person in a chair type stuff in a computer for us for income tax hehe but yeah he's also goiung to make a tax credit to where at least 10 million americans will have their income taxes completely eliminated.

taxes are going to be cut by 1000 dollars for each family that works also.

what you heard is what Bush did, gave tax cuts to the wealthy people and Obama talks about that because it is the problem . So Obama isdoing it for the middle class.

Obama for sure! During his time in the Senate he introduced an Early Learning Council bill and introduced a bill to increase Pell grants to $5,100.

Under the republican regime (essentially McCain) the federal tax debt almost doubled from 5.5 to 8.8 trillion dollars. 1/4 of McCain's tax cuts will go to those making more than 2 million a year. He believes the surge in Iraq is actually working and would not withdraw troops, he also doesn't want to address the GI bill for those soldiers lucky enough to make it home. And don't even get me started on McCain's position on women's issues...

If McCain wins I'm moving to Canada!

Edited by Kimber

I agree, if we were all held responsible for our clergy the Catholic Church would no longer exist.

if mccain wins we're all screwed.