Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ugh, just got my period

and i'm scheduled for surgery Friday....

is that going to be gross or bad? I've seen pictures of the patient spread eagle with paper panties while the surgery is done, what if... well you know.

I have the implant so i still haven't figured out if i'm on a cylcle or what but this could not have happened at a worse or more embarassing time. Just another example of dita? vs. her body.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I started the night before my surgery and really didn't have an issue with it. The meds was the best part actually - for once I wasn't in pain with cramping.

dita

I too started a few days before my surgery and it wasnt a problem at all. Not gross or bad at all. you will be fine and the doctors and nurses have dealt with this many times before.

You are right about the spread eagle position, but I think you will be fine. As someone else said, they deal with stuff like that all the time.

I started mine an hour before they took me back- I asked if I could just wear a tampon and they said no. It wasn't really bad- just embarrassing!

I started mine an hour before they took me back- I asked if I could just wear a tampon and they said no. It wasn't really bad- just embarrassing!

Huh. I don't think I would've taken 'No' for a response. I'd certainly demand to know why and not accept 'hospital policy' as a reason (but that's just me). What are they going to do? Pull it out (eww!)? Refuse to let you have the surgery? It's not like they're operating on your uterus or vaginal canal.

They don't let you wear underwear (at least they didn't with me), so the alternative is to be bleeding all over the place. Ick.

-m

Dunno about band surgery but I know for my apendicitis they said NO tampons they just put extra padding under me and after I hit recovery they gave me a pad to tuck in place along with the extra pad under me. Once I got up and started walking then they said ok to tampons or pads & underwear but only cause my underwear didnt come close to my incisions.

Ever dr. hospital has different ways of handling it. If your concerned ask.

Ask your surgeon or you can usually call the same day surgery dept that calls you the 2-3 days before surgery to give you details.

And yes they are sooo used to dealing with it theres no need to be embarased.

I was ending mine when I had it done. When they told me to take off everything I said "EVERYTHING!" and explained the problem. They weren't worried about it, but I was so I used a tampon. I didn't even ask. Just did it. I lived!

I was wearing a tampon in surgery. I let them know (in case "something" happened and I didn't wake up for a while) and they took it out after I was asleep.

Guest Leslie2Lose

They deal with so much blood on a daily basis, my period didn't even affect them. They just put pads under me. I didn't worry too much about it. After two c-sections and bleeding like I did with my girls, that wasn't at all embarassing just part of life. Like Telecia, once I was able to get up and about I used a tampon.

I never knew they made you take tampons out, hmm, lol

the doctor took it out 4 you???? :teeth_smile:

I was wearing a tampon in surgery. I let them know (in case "something" happened and I didn't wake up for a while) and they took it out after I was asleep.

Guess it makes sense so it won't be in too long and cause complications...I mean eh they deal with vaginas daily LOL

This reminds me of going to my doctor once when I had been having a period off and on for about 6 weeks. I got up on the table he is there and his nurse my feet are in up in the air and I sit bolt upright (yep in those days I could do that from that position) and said OMG I still have a tampon in to which he said no problem got a little spit bowl thingy and popped it right out. I could have died. Thank God it was a new fresh barely bloody thing. I swear I changed doctors about a year later. I could never get passed that.