Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will never get another fill again...

Hi all,

I had my first fill on Monday 4/25 and had to go back to the doctor on Friday for an unfill. I was vomiting and pb'ing after just a very small amount of mushy's. I was orginally filled +1.75cc and then was unfilled -.25, I feel a difference but not that much. I have been on full liquids and today will start to have some pureed/mushies for the next few days. The way I feel now I don't EVER want to have another fill again, I feel restricted enough already. I'm just afaird I'm not getting enough nutrients or calories at this point. I hope I get loser....

And Thanks to all of you for your support, I don't know what it would do without this board.

Corgi

I'm so glad your unfill helped you feel a bit better, Corgi. As time passes you'll be able to manage eating so that you don't experience the PBing and feel better still. Sounds like you bit off a little more (or less!) than you could chew with this fill! :)

Stick with it and take it very slowly. Your eyes are still bigger than your stoma at this point; it takes a while to really understand how small portions can be and still be enough. You won't starve, I promise. Just keep healing and try very hard not to provoke a PB. Stop as soon as you feel any indication that you might have had enough. The food will still be there in 10 minutes if you are still hungry.

Good luck!! :D

Corgi, remember that sometime a PB can cause swelling which will make you feel like you have more restriction if you try to eat solids, this is why most Dr.s reccomend 24 hrs ofliquids after a PB otherwise it can become a vicious cycle. PB..eat..PB..eat etc..

Give it some time, your body went through an ordeal thislast week with all of this. It iwll loosen up in time. Hang in there :)

Gosh Corgi that's awful...I hope you are babying your throat with liquids for a bit to allow it to heal...if not you are putting yourself through a vicious cycle of pbing, swelling and reswelling. Please don't be discouraged...I know its hard but it'll get better. Be well.

I'm just afaird I'm not getting enough nutrients or calories at this point.

Corgi, ((hugs))

I agree, it will get better. I remember my first fill and how long it took for me to (mentally) adjust to the new way I had to eat. I *also* remember thinking that I will NEVER get another fill... funny how I changed my mind when the scale stopped moving!

In response to this line in your post; are you taking any Vitamins? You may want to search the Vitamin threads and find out which ones are recommended, personally - here lately Ive been chewing 1 flinstone Vitamin A day. And believe me - when i miss a day, the next day I feel sluggish! Vitamins work!

I use Centrum liquid vitamins and Viactiv chews for Calcium (since I am woefully lactose intolerant). The Viactives taste good (but very carmely) and will help out...because of my lactose intolerance I am a bit panicky about brittle bones when I get a lil older so its the oly way I can address the question of calcium deficiency.

I have not had that problem with too much fill ( as of yet ). I do however know of a lady who has and it happened a year out of surgery. She is doing well. She had some taken out and has not had problems since. I am surprised to be honest that they would put that much fill in on the first one. I had 1cc put in on my 1st fill. I lost 15lbs in 6 weeks. I then got 1/2cc put in on my 2nd fill. Maybe it was just too much at one time. But sticking with the Clear Liquids and mushy foods for the day of and day after a fill is a MUST!! It is amazing but it will get better. Hang in there. It is learning our bodies all over again and getting rid of bad habits of eating too fast, too much and the wrong things. Give it time : )

I don't think I'll get another fill either. I keep waiting for this one to lighten up or in the case loosen up. I'd rather take longer to lose the weight than to be this tight and pb at least once a day.

Ah, Corgi that stinks. I'm sorry to hear about the tightness but glad you got it taken care of. Too many people wait before they get help. I am very cautious about my fills and going slowly. I totally want to avoid the experience you had. I've had two fills and am only at 1.2 in my 4 cc band. I don't think I'll need another one for awhile either. I want to be able to eat normal foods and my portions are just right as far as I'm concerned. After a few days of taking it easy you should be good. I was wondering what significance Corgi had to you? Is that your name or do you have Corgi dogs? I myself have two welsh corgis. Anyhow best wishes and hope you feel better, Teresa

Darn Corgi- That stinks:0( Sorry for your fill troubles but everyone has given you such good advise & I just know has your body recoups you will reap the benefits & feel SOOOOO mUCCCHH Betttter!!! Just you wait & See ! Keep us updated.

This is SUCH a dumb question...

I know what a PB is & what happens when you get one, but what does it stand for? Just curious =)

Are we talking about a normal belch. I mean when U get full for a meal u have a normal belch. Is this different?

I think we need to bump the pb question and make it a main one on our board. Everyone seems to have that question.