Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for fill doctor in North Yorkshire - Leeds or area

Hi

Does anyone know of a fill doctor in the North Yorkshire area. Leeds would be good but anywhere around that area.

I was banded 18 months ago in Manchester and to be honest don't feel I have ever got to my 'sweet spot'.

I don't want to say too much but the surgeon did a couple of fills for me and it felt great with good restriction. Weight loss was good. Then I had a nurse do the next couple for me [think I only had 4 in total] she told me after the third that my band was full and I couldn't have another fill but I was so disappointed she did put a tiny bit more in.

I don't feel like I have much restriction at all now and can practically eat anything I want as long as I take it slowly. In fact can eat a huge plate full if I wanted to [but I always stick to a side plate]

I occasionally feel like something is stuck and on a recent trip to the USA found that strangely everytime I tried to eat I ended up PBing. Thinking back I guess that was a mixture of me forgetting I had the band and tasting the wonderful food there and perhaps not chewing enough. But once I had PB'd I could usually then eat whatever I wanted.

I am a little disappointed - I have been stuck at the same weight for almost a year but over the last week I seem to be gaining almost a pound a day and have put 5 lbs back. I am now terrified that my weight is now going to creep back so would like to find a local doctor to discuss with.

I don't really want to go back to Manchester as I wasn't all that happy with their 'aftercare' to be honest. And what with spiralling fuel costs and the horrendous traffic jams would prefer to find somewhere a bit closer.

Edit - Actually just seen my signature and didn't realise that I had actually got to 150lbs. So I am now looking at a 10lb gain - worried.

hi,

The Hospital Group do fills in Leeds, they are £125.

I had my consultation with them on Saturday and they said they are opening a new clinic and thats where I will end up going for mine (unless I can find one in Sheffiled, or cheaper)

Also WLS Group do them in Leeds, theres are £125 for your first fill and then £85 after, or you can have a 12mth aftercare only package for £699 with unlimited fills.

I do have the number for the HPG if you need it

Kerri

Thank you - yes the number would be great although I can probably find it online.

I have already had four fills as you will have read and was told I couldn't have any more in it. I am wondering now if it is possible for the fill to evaporate as I don't feel like I have much restriction any more and my weight is increasing. I haven't even got to my goal!!

what size is your band??....Ive read they range from 4cc to 14cc, the surgeon said mine will be a 10cc one as I have got 7 stone to lose to get to my ideal weight for height

The number is 0113 2471400

Not sure without checking - but think it is 10cc - and last time I went the nurse said it is full you can't have any further fills - that was last July so I've not even been since.

Still have about 2st to lose

I'm sure it won't.

In a way my fault really as I just gave up when she told me I couldn't have any further fills. Manchester is a couple of hours journey [on a good day!!] for us so didn't see the point in travelling all that way if I couldn't have another fill. So really have just maintained.

Lucky really as I have to admit that I do eat the wrong things because they are easier to get down. And I make wedding cakes and Belgian chocolate cakes so you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!

But now that I see the scales going in the wrong direction I am a little worried. I am going to make a really big effort before I find somewhere for a fill.

Again I admit that I don't really 'listen' to my band - I get that full feeling and just wait for it to pass and then start eating again - I am going to try throwing away what is left on my plate when I get that feeling and no more treats until I get my weight moving in the right direction again. Also love Protein Shakes so going to have lots of those. Make my own with soya milk, banana, other berries and a scoop of Protein Powder from Holland and Barret.

I know. Only I can do it - but it has really helped coming on here and 'chatting' - makes me really want to be able to come back on and say my weight is moving.